The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I didn't even realise we have separate anime threads, I just use this one for everything...
Reply 3981
AngryJellyfish
:ditto: , though I'm beginning to wonder if those threads are a good idea. It was definitely worth trying, but the posts have been pretty infrequent in all of them aside from Umineko (and that was for all the wrong reasons). People just end up posting in here because it's easier. :dontknow:

Well v3.8 will be along soon, so there's not a lot of point changing that now :p: although personally I've never used them :hmmmm: so overhauling it later might be an idea if everyone agrees

On another note thank you to Anna & Keo; Omamori Himari looks good, think I'll pick it up :top:

Annaconda
poke

Also Anna can you remember the name of that manga you showed me the other day with the dressing up room? I started reading it and loved it :smile:
...and forgot to bookmark it
vin
how are they a bad idea:hmmm: itsn ot like they have bring any disadvantages:hmpf:

True, but they just keep getting left and forgotten about. I wouldn't get rid of the ones we already have, obviously, I'm just wondering if there's any point making more. :s:

ChunkymunkyDJC
I didn't even realise we have separate anime threads, I just use this one for everything...

We have loads of threads. :s: There's a list in the first post, if you're interested. :smile:

skipp
Well v3.8 will be along soon, so there's not a lot of point changing that now :p: although personally I've never used them :hmmmm: so overhauling it later might be an idea if everyone agrees

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the upgrade to v3.8 have to do with anything we're talking about? :o:
Reply 3983
AngryJellyfish
True, but they just keep getting left and forgotten about. I wouldn't get rid of the ones we already have, obviously, I'm just wondering if there's any point making more. :s:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the upgrade to v3.8 have to do with anything we're talking about? :o:

well If you recall during TSRs busiest times, during exams or christmas:giggle: that subforum always has threads on anime:giggle:

they would be more active if atleast you people posted in them:hmmm:, you cant complain about low activity when your not even trying :no:

v3.8 has functionality for linking threads with societies or something to that effect:hmmmm:
Reply 3984
AngryJellyfish

Well if you're deciding whether you're keeping or getting rid of all those random threads, and they're changing society structure anyway, why not wait until then & see what you want to do with it

Actually I'm going to shut up :wavey:
Reply 3985
I tend to go elsewhere to discuss spoilery topics for individual shows out of habit. Since I'm up to date with the manga for Fairy Tail and FMA I kind of have to hold myself back in those threads.....although the FMA thread is 'active' compared to the Fairy Tail one :erm:

Maybe I'll write a post about the latest FT episode at lunch time.
Ah, okay. I didn't realize the upgrade affected societies. I tend to ignore all threads on such subjects, and moan about the lame changes afterwards. :p: Linking threads with societies sounds useful though. :yes:

I'd post in these threads more, but Trapeze + Umineko finished, and I don't watch any of the other series that have discussion threads. :no: (too much shonen)
Reply 3987
poor activity is no reason to not make new threads though:giggle:

a crap season on the other hand :erm:, a thread on the naruto manga would get attention:beard:

there isnt actually much to discuss with fairy tail :erm: at the moment anyway, FMA should get lots of posts :hmpf: but you manga readers:mad:
Reply 3988
AngryJellyfish
Ah, okay. I didn't realize the upgrade affected societies. I tend to ignore all threads on such subjects, and moan about the lame changes afterwards. :p: Linking threads with societies sounds useful though. :yes:

I'd post in these threads more, but Trapeze + Umineko finished, and I don't watch any of the other series that have discussion threads. :no: (too much shonen)

When I understand how the new structure works I'll update you :giggle: right now I'm a little confused with it to be honest

I can however note that societies' structure looks...'different' I think is the best word :hmmmm:

vin
poor activity is no reason to not make new threads though:giggle:

a crap season on the other hand :erm:, a thread on the naruto manga would get attention:beard:

there isnt actually much to discuss with fairy tail :erm: at the moment anyway, FMA should get lots of posts :hmpf: but you manga readers:mad:

Think of all the narutards it would attract :hmmmm:

Or we could have JC head up a bleach thread :mmm:

Or not....

I don't even know if one exists already actually :hmmmm:
One Piece 304 :ahee:

Spoiler

I like the Edo period specials too :awesome:
Reply 3990
skipp

Think of all the narutards it would attract :hmmmm:

Or we could have JC head up a bleach thread :mmm:

Or not....

I don't even know if one exists already actually :hmmmm:

Theres alot of them about :sadnod:

then he would never post here :awesome:
Meh, fair enough. I assumed that lack of posts = lack of interest, and wasn't going to bother making any more threads. But the upcoming season does look better than this one, so I may have to have another look at the series on offer. :hmmmm2:
Reply 3992
vin
Theres alot of them about :sadnod:

then he would never post here :awesome:

:sadnod: with their Linkin Park youtube videos and their sakura hentai...

And hence the or not :giggle: take out all the naruto and all the bleach and this thread could become quite quiet at times...
Reply 3993
skipp
:sadnod: with their Linkin Park youtube videos and their sakura hentai...

And hence the or not :giggle: take out all the naruto and all the bleach and this thread could become quite quiet at times...

well I was refering to TSR actually :tongue: Ive noticed a few people with naruto related avatars/usernames :yes:

its funny, because those series arnt really talked about that much here :hmmmm2:

speaking of bleach I now have a small backlog built up because i didnt want to watch it :sigh:
Reply 3994
vin
well I was refering to TSR actually :tongue: Ive noticed a few people with naruto related avatars/usernames :yes:

its funny, because those series arnt really talked about that much here :hmmmm2:

speaking of bleach I now have a small backlog built up because i didnt want to watch it :sigh:

Ye me too...ruddy narutards :grumble:
skipp

On another note thank you to Anna & Keo; Omamori Himari looks good, think I'll pick it up :top:

Also Anna can you remember the name of that manga you showed me the other day with the dressing up room? I started reading it and loved it :smile:
...and forgot to bookmark it

Mahoraba
only thought to check yesterday and theres an anime of it as well but the hair colours are all different to what i imagined :s-smilie:
Reply 3996
Annaconda
Mahoraba
only thought to check yesterday and theres an anime of it as well but the hair colours are all different to what i imagined :s-smilie:

And really? I'll check it out :smile: although I agree it's always weird when that happens, there's a couple of characters where I prefer them in the manga before I see them in anime, whether it's the colour's wrong, or the voice etc.
Mahoraba (the anime, at least) was a fun series, plenty of good romance and comedy. :smile: I wouldn't say it was the best example of it's genre though, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking, because most of the anime I picked up in my early days of viewing were harem/romantic comedies. :giggle:
Reply 3998
Beginning to think I should have made a Durarara!! thread - my blog posts for that series seem to be getting longer and longer everyweek :mmm:
Reply 3999
caraniel
Beginning to think I should have made a Durarara!! thread - my blog posts for that series seem to be getting longer and longer everyweek :mmm:

oh yeah:s-smilie:

Ill often have a look at your post after watching it and posting any thoughts there :giggle:

Mummy has a great blog:emog:

Latest