The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
vin
:teeth:

Its different to the shonen Im used to because of the lack of much training I suppose :hmmmm: after he decides to take the exam he pretty much just leaves even though its weeks later :hmmmmm2:
and then ...I forget the ep but its like 30something

Spoiler

There is some training in the series, but it's not excessive. It's also relevant to the story, and isn't purely to beat a strong enemy, like most shounen series of this kind.

Spoiler

I haven't seen this series since it broadcasted, which was back in 1999 to 2000, so nine years ago. Reading your spoiler was nostalgic. I need to re-watch this series at one point. :o:
Reply 581
Read Magical x Miracle vol. 1 over the weekend, at first I wasn't keen on the childish tone to the writting...and couldn't work out if it was a product of translation, or inherant to the series and to be honest found it pretty irratating. A couple of chapters later however I noticed the attention to detail in the artwork...I loved the style of the outfits and realised that there wasn't a completely random outfit each day on the artist's whim...as you often find with that sort of series...each outfit had been planned to be mixed and clothes were reworn in other outfits...like in real life :smile: that may seem like the most random reason ever to give a series a chance but something about that level of care really grabs me with a series...and the tone became less irratating towards the end so I started to enjoy it. I reread it with the mindset that I was now interested and actually enjoyed the story...so I will continue reading :smile:

Now reading Naruto vol. 2...Sakura will never not be annoying, but overall I am enjoying the series so far
Recently saw Takahata's adaptation of Gauche the Cellist. It truly was excellent. Strongly recommended to anyone. It was my 100th completed anime, woo!
Reply 583
I watched Bleach movie 3: fade to black it's so awesome, I almost cried towards the end... but it still doesn't compare to the Naruto Shippuden movie ( the recent one )
Episode 405 of One Piece

Spoiler

Reply 585
Matisse
There is some training in the series, but it's not excessive. It's also relevant to the story, and isn't purely to beat a strong enemy, like most shounen series of this kind.

Spoiler

I haven't seen this series since it broadcasted, which was back in 1999 to 2000, so nine years ago. Reading your spoiler was nostalgic. I need to re-watch this series at one point. :o:

Ep 34 :puppyeyes:

Spoiler

I complained about Hatsuyuki's subs of Soul Eater earlier, but I take it all back. With time, their subs became tolerable. But from episode 39 onwards, they joined with a group called Tsubaki, who (though they seem to have fixed the grammar issues) use Grim Reaper instead of Shinigami, and Demon God instead of Kishin. After nearly 40 episodes of getting used to one lot of terminology, this is more than a little irritating. I think I've got their subs for all the remaining eps too...
Reply 587
After me complaining about lack of subs, the 1st episode of Aoi Bungaku is out from IMP :yeah:
Reply 588
AngryJellyfish
I complained about Hatsuyuki's subs of Soul Eater earlier, but I take it all back. With time, their subs became tolerable. But from episode 39 onwards, they joined with a group called Tsubaki, who (though they seem to have fixed the grammar issues) use Grim Reaper instead of Shinigami, and Demon God instead of Kishin. After nearly 40 episodes of getting used to one lot of terminology, this is more than a little irritating. I think I've got their subs for all the remaining eps too...

oh yes that was annoying :sigh:, they were supposed to be their actual names too :s:
caraniel
After me complaining about lack of subs, the 1st episode of Aoi Bungaku is out from IMP :yeah:

Is that the one I reminded you of with the adaptations of stories:puppyeyes:
Reply 589
vin
oh yes that was annoying :sigh:, they were supposed to be their actual names too :s:

Is that the one I reminded you of with the adaptations of stories:puppyeyes:

Indeed - I'm looking forward to this :yep:
just watched the Zoro vs Hawkeye ep (24), best ep so far, was pretty awesome :yep:
Reply 591
caraniel
Indeed - I'm looking forward to this :yep:

it will probably suffer from subs being released rarely :s:
All the ladies want Luffy's jewels. :cool:
Reply 593
Aye more than likely - I seem to nearly always pick the show that has the really slow subbing :sigh: .........Mouryou no Hako, Himitsu the Revelation, Souten Kouro subs fecking where!?
Reply 594
did Mouryou no haku get fully subbed then?
Reply 595
No - still waiting on the final fecking episode :rant:
Reply 596
Oh:s-smilie: I thought it ot finished since the last few eps came out not too long after each other :s:

Souten Kouro.:sad:
I'm waiting on Winter Sonata more than anything else now, though that has enough group names down on the fansub wiki. Koharubi will be the one I'll most likely end up following, unless Hatsuyuki are faster.
Reply 598
vin
Oh:s-smilie: I thought it ot finished since the last few eps came out not too long after each other :s:

Souten Kouro.:sad:

A few eps came out fairly quickly after a long gap, but they have yet to release the final episode :sad:

Winter Sonata and Aoi Bungaku are likely to be the last two series I'll be reviewing and possibly sticking with this season :yes:
I'm having no luck with fansub changes today... episode 7 onwards of the already dire D4 Princess were released by some group who were clearly so ashamed of themselves that they didn't sign the eps with their name. :p:

Non-resized screencap:

240p? File size reflective of anime quality? I can only assume they're ripped from some streaming site somewhere. They also cut out the ED, which I actually like. :mad: But they're the only existing subs beyond ep 6 to my knowledge, so I'll bear with it.

Latest