The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9900
I see I see. That's good, I prefer pre-puberty Chopper :smile:
I'm having such a fangasm over this arc :rolleyes:
Reply 9901
oh goku:rofl: DBKai 95

Spoiler

I've been saying for years I wanted to buy the Maison Ikkoku manga, but in my current financial situation and with all the series I already have on the go, that's unlikely to happen anytime soon. So I've decided to go with the anime instead, at least for now. :yes: Downloading individual episodes in the background while doing coursework has resulted in me getting hold of 2/3 of the ~100 episode series in two days. :p: Which is *slightly* quicker progress than I'm making on the assignment...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9903
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've been saying for years I wanted to buy the Maison Ikkoku manga, but in my current financial situation and with all the series I already have on the go, that's unlikely to happen anytime soon. So I've decided to go with the anime instead, at least for now. :yes: Downloading individual episodes in the background while doing coursework has resulted in me getting hold of 2/3 of the ~100 episode series in two days. :p: Which is *slightly* quicker progress than I'm making on the assignment...

You'd probably be out of luck anyway. On a whim went and checked. Book depository confused me, and on amazon half of the volumes only seem available via marketplace, a couple are ~£6 and some are in the £11 per volume range :colondollar:

Oh and today I ordered:
Hellsing 10 (to at least complete one series)
Evangelion 12 (didn't even know it was out until a week ago)
and the first volume of 7 billion needles to try
Just a heads up to anyone who's watched Kara no Kyoukai and/or Break Blade: A-P has now added a seperate entry for each individual movie. Now I'm going to have to skim through them to try and remember which ones were most awesome, I can't just give them all the same rating because some were much better than others. :rant:

[Edit] Nevermind, the wikipedia synopses brought the memories back, I'd say the ratings I've given them aren't far off. Glad to see my favorite is now the highest rated anime on A-P, though no doubt that's still highly susceptible to change as not many people will have noticed the new entries yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9905
Just finished ichiban ushiro no daimaou on recommendation from a friend, it started off quite good but had a very peculiar end!

Stuck in a bit of a rut, finished isekai no seikishi monogatari and have made considerable progress with the familiar of zero. However, I have been told by my friend that the 2nd series isn't as strong as the first.

A bit stuck for motivation, going to have to start looking again I wonder if anyone more experienced can recommend anything?
Original post by TAPSmith
Just finished ichiban ushiro no daimaou on recommendation from a friend, it started off quite good but had a very peculiar end!

Stuck in a bit of a rut, finished isekai no seikishi monogatari and have made considerable progress with the familiar of zero. However, I have been told by my friend that the 2nd series isn't as strong as the first.

A bit stuck for motivation, going to have to start looking again I wonder if anyone more experienced can recommend anything?

Judging by all the above titles, I'm guessing you're looking for an ecchi/comedy series, maybe with some fantasy/magical plot to go with it? :p:

If so then I'd recommend Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls, Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase- or Tenchi Muyo!, if you've not already seen them. The latter in particular might be of interest, since Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is a spinoff of Tenchi. :yes: If you're looking for something a bit different though, don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
Reply 9907
Judging by all the above titles, I'm guessing you're looking for an ecchi/comedy series, maybe with some fantasy/magical plot to go with it? :p:

If so then I'd recommend Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls, Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase- or Tenchi Muyo!, if you've not already seen them. The latter in particular might be of interest, since Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is a spinoff of Tenchi. :yes: If you're looking for something a bit different though, don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

I've seen part of the first episode of tenchi, but my friend sent it to me dubbed, and I can't stand the American acccents, I also think I prefer the more recent animation techniques, I will however give it a go subbed.

Thank you for the recommendations, it looks like I have my evening sorted :biggrin:
After a bad first episode where most of the humor fell flat, Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari has won me over with it's second and third episodes. It's still nothing amazing by a long shot, but it works well as a slow paced romance, and the music is lovely. :yes: I'm surprised to find myself drawn to it more than Kare Kano, which after three episodes hasn't impressed me at all, but I'll give it some more time.

Watching two romcoms alongside each other was probably a bad idea to begin with, I think I'll pick up something a bit more action-packed for a change of pace.

[Edit] Nuku Nuku Dash! it is. :biggrin: I'm hoping it isn't too bad, as this + Nuku Nuku TV are among the few examples where the original series is rated higher than it's sequels on A-P. :hmmmm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9909
I love how the long haired suit guy ...forgot his name ... in level E gets all :mad:/:unimpressed: all the time:rofl: his voice :cool:
Reply 9910

Although the manga was brilliant, the anime was equally so. I had only seen the latter last year when I really should have seen it sooner. One of, if not the best romance I've seen. You should enjoy it. :smile:
Just watched the Durrarara!! OVA/episode 25 :smile: Some nice stuff in there, which should nicely set up for another season.

Question: Do they still not know each other's IM name on the chat board thing? I don't see how they haven't picked up on who's who yet...
Original post by LastLordofTime
Just watched the Durrarara!! OVA/episode 25 :smile: Some nice stuff in there, which should nicely set up for another season.

Question: Do they still not know each other's IM name on the chat board thing? I don't see how they haven't picked up on who's who yet...

They do now I think. Mikado definitely knows who Masaomi is now after that comment he made in the chatroom towards the end. Celty I think knows Anri and Mikado for sure. None of them know that Izaya is on there though.
At Aberanime yesterday I had a mini anime swap; me providing him with Yakitate, RideBack and Kenshin (plus a ton of Gaki no Tsukai stuff), and the other guy providing me with... well, pretty much every ecchi series I looked at last year and dropped in favour of other things. :p: I'm surprised that I didn't find MM! among the files, as he was quite enthusiastic about that one, and if the first episode was any indication I'd probably prefer it to Seitokai Yakuindomo. :yucky: Also, blueray rips of Ladies Versus Butlers? :awesome: To be fair he also got me Railgun, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Nabari no Ou. :giggle:
Reply 9914
what the hell stop stirring kent :pinch:
Shippuuden 202 was epic, man i hate waiting a week for new Naruto :sad:

really like the ED :love:
Found this site as I was searching for anime-themed skins for Chrome; all my settings were reset after my laptop overheated (again), and I fancied a change from the official K-ON! one I've been using for ages. Aside from letting you make your own custom skin (something to play with when I'm bored :beard:), they've got a ton of decent ones up there already, if you can be bothered to sift through the general 'Cartoons' category. The only other option is a Google search bar, which isn't great since a lot of the skins are poorly tagged.

I decided to go back to the K-ON! one in the end though; couldn't find anything to match XP's olive green, so thought I may as well go back to what I'm used to. :p: I did upload a background image on my Chrome Speed Dial to match my desktop wallpaper though (result in thumbnail; nice new feature TSR). I don't care how unreliable my computer is, as long as it keeps looking this awesome. :proud:

[Edit] I'm now *almost* up to date with Star Driver. That is, I'm two episodes behind, but I'm two eps behind on Fractale, Houro Musuko and Letter Bee too. :o: Madoka Magica and Kore wa Zombie have taken priority, because the Aberanime president also watches them and it's fun to discuss them; Bakuman is the only other series I'm bang up to date with, as the recent episodes have been fantastic. :yes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9917
:indiff:Just to clarify ...there isnt any part of Cromartie High School that is based on reality right ....Freddie Mercury aside.:erm:
Original post by vin
:indiff:Just to clarify ...there isnt any part of Cromartie High School that is based on reality right ....Freddie Mercury aside.:erm:

I thought all anime was factual documentary?
Been watching Angel Beat! today <3

Latest