The Student Room Group
Original post by meowmeowmutiny
Been watching Angel Beat! today <3

I sometimes rewatch that on a whim because it's so damn beautiful

In fact I want to watch it now
Reply 9921
Original post by Georgecopter

Original post by Georgecopter
I thought all anime was factual documentary?

the tag slice of life tends to imply some sort of basis in real life :indiff:
Original post by vin
the tag slice of life tends to imply some sort of basis in real life :indiff:

Not neccesarily; ARIA is a slice of life show about gondoliers on Mars, Haibane Renmei features tea drinking angels etc. Both series show a slice of the daily lives of the characters, even though those lives take place in sci-fi/fantasy settings. I'd use slice of life to categorize any series without a major ongoing plot. :yes:
Reply 9923
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Not neccesarily; ARIA is a slice of life show about gondoliers on Mars, Haibane Renmei features tea drinking angels etc. Both series show a slice of the daily lives of the characters, even though those lives take place in sci-fi/fantasy settings. I'd use slice of life to categorize any series without a major ongoing plot. :yes:

god damn tea drinking :mad:

oi AJ what is with people in anime poking others up the arse :indiff:
Reply 9924
from 1:40 :indiff:
Reply 9925
I'm watching Kampfer, I think it's going to be one of my guilty pleasures:colondollar:

Unfortunately though, neither the manga nor the anime goes all the way to the end of the end of the light novels and wikipedia doesn't tell you what happens afterwards. And I can't find any english versions for the light novels:mad:
Original post by vin
oi AJ what is with people in anime poking others up the arse :indiff:

I haven't a clue. :hmmmm2:
Finished Hakuouki season 1, I did rather enjoy it. Very pretty, but the plot did take some time and there was a lot of talking, but I will watch season 2 and the OVA when it is out.
I watched the Animatrix earlier at a friend's house. Rating a series of very different shorts is difficult, as some were markedly better than others, but I decided on an overall score of 4.5/5 as there weren't any I disliked. :smile:

I'm guessing I'll be making the next ontopic thread, since we've somehow got just over 60 posts remaining. :zomg: Unless anyone else wants to do it, but bear in mind it should come a bit more serious than the chat thread first posts. :p:
Reply 9929

hajime no ippo's fights :teeth:
I watched the Animatrix earlier at a friend's house. Rating a series of very different shorts is difficult, as some were markedly better than others, but I decided on an overall score of 4.5/5 as there weren't any I disliked. :smile:

I'm guessing I'll be making the next ontopic thread, since we've somehow got just over 60 posts remaining. :zomg: Unless anyone else wants to do it, but bear in mind it should come a bit more serious than the chat thread first posts. :p:

needs more hard mello:indiff:
Greetings everyone,

As I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to hear, you soon will be getting a shiny new forum for anime (and some other bits as well :ninja:)!

You can find out more here, and it would be great to get your feedback on the proposed changes.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to float an idea past you all. I would like there to be a thread in this new forum which would be called a "Beginner's Guide to Anime" and would serve as a bit of an introduction into how to get into anime as well as some suggestions for starter material. If anybody would like to have a crack at this then let me know, and I'll be happy to help out in any way I can!
Reply 9931
Original post by Phalanges
Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to float an idea past you all. I would like there to be a thread in this new forum which would be called a "Beginner's Guide to Anime" and would serve as a bit of an introduction into how to get into anime as well as some suggestions for starter material. If anybody would like to have a crack at this then let me know, and I'll be happy to help out in any way I can!

I'll be more than happy to put something together, likely over this upcoming weekend. :smile:
Reply 9932
Original post by Aiko
I'll be more than happy to put something together, likely over this upcoming weekend. :smile:

I expect to see thousands of words about fanservice anime :hmmm: And pictures :teeth:

I'm very close to breaking into a manga buying binge. A few series I collect have volumes out of stock, possibly out of print, so now I'm paranoid and trying to buy up the other volumes of other series :nyoron:

Skip beat 13, the very next volume I needed is OoP, but kindly available for £30+delivery used :stomp:

Original post by Aiko

Awesome, that would be great. :biggrin:
Reply 9934
Original post by Phalanges
Greetings everyone,

As I'm sure you'll all be thrilled to hear, you soon will be getting a shiny new forum for anime (and some other bits as well :ninja:)!

You can find out more here, and it would be great to get your feedback on the proposed changes.

Sorry to be a pain :colondollar:

But I'll repeat everything I said re: 'a beginer's guide' in the comic soc & say it all again here, just replacing the word 'comics' with 'anime', it was a long post & I'm sure you don't want to read it twice :giggle:

If that makes sense :hmmmm:
slightly related - Death note (the live action movie xD)

was on Film 4 the other day... Sunday morning. It wasn't that bad tbh, kinda liked it... although Light slightly looked like a girl imo
Original post by skipp
Sorry to be a pain :colondollar:

But I'll repeat everything I said re: 'a beginer's guide' in the comic soc & say it all again here, just replacing the word 'comics' with 'anime', it was a long post & I'm sure you don't want to read it twice :giggle:

If that makes sense :hmmmm:

I was minutes away from making a thread suggesting an Anime forum as well... finally! It's about time :biggrin:
Reply 9937
Original post by lukejoshjedi
I was minutes away from making a thread suggesting an Anime forum as well... finally! It's about time :biggrin:

There's been discussion about making the subforum for a very very long time & finally discussion got to the point a few months ago where stuff started happening :p: don't think you where around at that time, otherwise it probably wouldn't have passed you by
Original post by skipp
There's been discussion about making the subforum for a very very long time & finally discussion got to the point a few months ago where stuff started happening :p: don't think you where around at that time, otherwise it probably wouldn't have passed you by

oh right, yeah I've been in the anime Soc for a while... or so I thought, maybe my membership got recycled - says I've been in it since like October or November 2010 :s-smilie: weird

but great news anyway
Thrilling stuff. :yawn: I have no feedback, other than a reminder that a beginner's guide to anime with tips on how to get into it should of course abide by TSR's rules. For everything else, just tell them to use Google.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest