The Student Room Group
Original post by Aeon Prince
Hmm i'll think about reading it, I really hate it when a manga isnt finished properly =[
Btw do you have some sort of MAL or anime planet with your manga list on there? I'd like to see it, you seem to have similar tastes in manga to me. I might be able to recommend you some good ones you might not have read an vice versa :tongue:

I've only gotten into manga in the last 6 months really, so my anime count is much higher, but here you go :smile: :

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Reply 9961
OMG there's like new Junjou only different!
Reply 9962
Original post by Phalanges
:smile:

Just an update on this thread, it's mostly complete. Everything has been written, I just have to collate and appropriate some images for it. Curiously, when is this forum becoming available? In any case, the thread should be finished by tomorrow. :smile:
Reply 9963
After watching Princess Nine, it's exactly what you'd expect from a baseball anime. Despite airing in the late 90s, it has an old school charm of an anime you'd expect to see in the 80s or possibly 70s. As such, there is definitely a resemblance to Adachi's Touch, without the superior storytelling and emphasis on romance (even though there is some here too).
Reply 9964
Gravitation OVA is loads better than Gravitation non-OVA
Just finished watching 2 seasons of Code Geass; is it true they're making a third? I really hope not, the ending was pretty lush as it stands.

Movin' onto Guuren Lagan (sp) now, not a massive fan of the drawing style, but it's pretty fun so far.
Original post by chidona
Just finished watching 2 seasons of Code Geass; is it true they're making a third? I really hope not, the ending was pretty lush as it stands.

Movin' onto Guuren Lagan (sp) now, not a massive fan of the drawing style, but it's pretty fun so far.

The 'third season' of Code Geass people keep on about seems to simply be a spin-off set in the same universe. As far as we know (though they haven't revealed much info) the story and characters won't overlap.
Reply 9967
Well this morning had an odd cycle involving Rumiko Takahashi, with my attempts to find the Maison Ikkoku and then Ranma manga for sale eventually leading to me deciding to pick up the ranma anime to watch :mmm:

Almost thought about collecting the ranma manga, but after seeing volume 2 was out of stock on various sites I thought **** it :mmm:
I've started stockpiling anime at a ridiculous rate again, with my want to watch list now at 60. :o: I figure the second term is nearing it's end, I don't know how long I'll be here after Easter, so why not make the most of the university's internet, even if I'm downloading entire series at a faster rate than I'm watching single episodes. :awesome:

1/3 of those titles are from 1999 or earlier (1978's Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato being the oldest), and the average episode count is uncharacteristically large for me (seven of these series are ~50 episodes, three are ~100 episodes, and Urusei Yatsura is just under 200 episodes). So it should make for some interesting viewing if/when I get around to it all. :giggle:
Reply 9969
This thread seems to be coming to an end soon :nyoron: (Just thought I'd point it out in case no one had noticed where the soc has been a bit slower recently).

I've been watching Urusei Yatsura. Currently at episode 70. Isn't amazing, but it's something I put on in the background that entertains me. Also Lum is :teeth:
Original post by Truered
This thread seems to be coming to an end soon :nyoron: (Just thought I'd point it out in case no one had noticed where the soc has been a bit slower recently).

I've been watching Urusei Yatsura. Currently at episode 70. Isn't amazing, but it's something I put on in the background that entertains me. Also Lum is :teeth:

I am aware, but thanks for checking. :smile:

As for Urusei Yatsura, I just want to watch it because it's one of the classics. Also, I seem to be getting pretty much everything else that Rumiko Takahashi created (with the notable exceptions of InuYasha and Ranma 1/2 - clearly too mainstream for me :awesome:)
Reply 9971
Hello everyone new member here,

Pretty much been watching anime for the best part of my life,starting with card captor and good ol' pokemon
been watching ghost in the shell for a few days now--just love it!

*im such a noob lol figured out bout downloadin three weeks ago and been' abusing my comp ever since
Original post by cashy

Pretty much been watching anime for the best part of my life,starting with card captor and good ol' pokemon

*im such a noob lol figured out bout downloadin three weeks ago and been' abusing my comp ever since

Welcome once again. :biggrin: I remember the feeling, discovering downloads for the first time. Financial savings aside, there's just so many awesome series out there that aren't licensed. :yes:
Reply 9973
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome once again. :biggrin: I remember the feeling, discovering downloads for the first time. Financial savings aside, there's just so many awesome series out there that aren't licensed. :yes:

Lol so true :biggrin:
Reply 9974
Ending of Code Geass R2. Wasn't expecting that in a million years!!
Reply 9975
Original post by cashy

Original post by cashy

Hi n00b! :wavey: Do you like yaoi?
man that was one epic kamehameha :coma:

zombie desu 10 :sad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9977
Princess Nine is turning out to be a lot better than I had initially envisaged. It has all of the credentials to stand alongside some of the better known baseball anime and I'm beginning to question myself as to why I didn't give this a go when it aired.

The comparison with Taishou Yakyuu Musume is understandable given the premise but definitely misplaced in terms of what both series' are trying to achieve. The former is an engaging drama involving a group of friends who are trying to prove that they can compete in a sport that is traditionally considered for their male counterpart only. The anime briefly touches upon discrimination, particularly the status of women in that era of Japan (which is, in many ways, still applicable today). However, I can appreciate that high school baseball at the highest level, certainly at Koshien, requires physical attributes that females simply can't achieve. Of course, the anime is unrealistic, in this sense, but it does tackle some of these more sensitive topics in a way that is refreshing. On the other hand, Taishou Yakyuu Musume is effectively K-ON meets baseball, which is by no means a bad thing if you're into the 'moe' genre, only that unlike our aspiring tea drinking quartet, the girls in this series actually partake in their sport.

Anyway, enough rambling from me (especially seeing as it's unlikely anybody would read this, let alone reply). :tongue:
Reply 9978
Original post by eugenius 8
man that was one epic kamehameha :coma:

*avoids going into the toilet for a few hours*

Original post by Aiko
Princess Nine is turning out to be a lot better than I had initially envisaged. It has all of the credentials to stand alongside some of the better known baseball anime and I'm beginning to question myself as to why I didn't give this a go when it aired.

The comparison with Taishou Yakyuu Musume is understandable given the premise but definitely misplaced in terms of what both series' are trying to achieve. The former is an engaging drama involving a group of friends who are trying to prove that they can compete in a sport that is traditionally considered for their male counterpart only. The anime briefly touches upon discrimination, particularly the status of women in that era of Japan (which is, in many ways, still applicable today). However, I can appreciate that high school baseball at the highest level, certainly at Koshien, requires physical attributes that females simply can't achieve. Of course, the anime is unrealistic, in this sense, but it does tackle some of these more sensitive topics in a way that is refreshing. On the other hand, Taishou Yakyuu Musume is effectively K-ON meets baseball, which is by no means a bad thing if you're into the 'moe' genre, only that unlike our aspiring tea drinking quartet, the girls in this series actually partake in their sport.

Anyway, enough rambling from me (especially seeing as it's unlikely anybody would read this, let alone reply). :tongue:

The only thing I recognize is K-on meets baseball :nyoron: I have cross game to watch at some point though. (Yes I did reply purely because of the last part :awesome: )

Oh and I've now started to watch Ranma. After all this time of no shows from Rumiko Takahashi I'm now watching urusei Yatsura and Ranma :mmm:
Reply 9979
Original post by Aiko

eww baseball:pierre:

Latest