The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
caraniel
Sakura was actually likeable for most of Shippuden - she's just gone back to square one as of this latest chapter though :sigh: WTF Kishi! :rant:

I must admit I like all the characters much better in Shippuden...except maybe Sasuke, but I don't like him any less...wasn't quite sure how far along the timeline that chapter was...I suppose it's understandable that Sakura acts like a little girl in the original series...because essentially she is still a kid, at least at the begining of the series...
One Piece 423

Spoiler

Reply 982
Kagutsuchi
One Piece 423

Spoiler

One Piece Episode 423:

Spoiler

Reply 983
Wow, the artwork in the Hunter X Hunter manga is terrible! :lolwut:
Reply 984
caraniel

Not a fan of Yoshihiro Togashi, I'm guessing? The artwork isn't amazing, I'll admit, but it's far from terrible. Maybe it's the quality of the scan you're viewing? :giggle:
Reply 985
Matisse
One Piece Episode 423:

Spoiler

one piece 423

Spoiler

Reply 986
JWH
one piece 423

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 987
Matisse
Not a fan of Yoshihiro Togashi, I'm guessing? The artwork isn't amazing, I'll admit, but it's far from terrible. Maybe it's the quality of the scan you're viewing? :giggle:

Here's a page from the scan I'm reading

Spoiler

It looks like a rough draft - I've seem omake sketches that look better :s-smilie:

EDIT: Ok quality has suddenly improved drastically in chapter 189 :wtf:

Spoiler

Matisse

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 989
caraniel
Sakura was actually likeable for most of Shippuden - she's just gone back to square one as of this latest chapter though :sigh: WTF Kishi! :rant:

I never liked her :s: she might have learnt to fight but she still had that shonen bitch personality :sigh:

caraniel

great reaction mummy :rofl:

caraniel
Here's a page from the scan I'm reading

Spoiler

It looks like a rough draft - I've seem omake sketches that look better :s-smilie:

...wft is that :lolwut: I see what you mean now
The first episode of Animal Detectives Kiruminzoo has been (properly) subbed by NUGUMIN. :zomg: I sat 'properly' because I noticed that someone put the Portuguese subs for episodes 1 and 2 through Google translator and released them as .ass files earlier this morning; as expected they were awful. :p:
Windaria was interesting. I'm quite impressed, to be honest; especially given its score on AniDB, which made me not expect too much. Definitely a buried gem that deserves to be seen by more people.
AsakuraMinamiFan
Windaria was interesting. I'm quite impressed, to be honest; especially given its score on AniDB, which made me not expect too much. Definitely a buried gem that deserves to be seen by more people.

3.5... I'm guessing that's close enough for me to avoid being 'judged righteously'? :p:

Gun X Sword 17 got massacred by completely pointless censorship, but apart from that what I've seen of the second half of the series has been way better than the first. :yes:

I also started Chromartie High School, though after 1 episode I'm not sure what to think of that just yet. :hmmmm2:
AngryJellyfish
3.5... I'm guessing that's close enough for me to avoid being 'judged righteously'? :p:

Gun X Sword 17 got massacred by completely pointless censorship, but apart from that what I've seen of the second half of the series has been way better than the first. :yes:

I also started Chromartie High School, though after 1 episode I'm not sure what to think of that just yet. :hmmmm2:

Yeah, I guess.

Cromartie is incredible. Watch more. :p: It has Norio Wakomoto, so there's no excuse not to watch it, even if you otherwise don't find it funny. If you liked Cromartie, (and ever get time/bandwidth to watch these :rolleyes:) I recommend Blazing Transfer Student and "Sekushi Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo! Masaru-san". They're full of manliness and absurdness just like Cromartie.
Reply 994
*notices mummy's edit* now that is what manga is supposed to look like :yep:
Why is the manga calling Luffy, Rufi? :rant:
Kagutsuchi

A common mistake made by scanlations if an official romanized name hasn't been given. :sadnod: Other examples include Berserk's 'Gattsu' and Death Note's 'Raito'. :p:
Reply 997
Kagutsuchi

It's really common in translation between Japanese and English to replace L with R...that and gender confusion...if you look in Saki the book they discuss is Rord of the Rings, Elemantal Gelade? Commonly called Eremental Gerade, Light Yagami? dearest Raito :giggle: it's pretty common
Reply 998
Kagutsuchi

In Japan they pronounce R as L so if they hear an L they will write it R I have known people mis write Revy in English as Levy because of this.
Hmm, lemme check in future chapters if you still insist on labelling him as Rufi. :facepalm:

Latest