The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vin
Oh I need to decide whch completed series to pick from my yellow list :s: can you reccomend some please :poke:

Kino no Tabi, Planetes or Chrno Crusade would be my suggestions. :yes:
Reply 1181
Kino no Tabi ...Kino's Journey, did you use that name to be annoying :tongue:
vin
Kino no Tabi ...Kino's Journey, did you use that name to be annoying :tongue:

No, that's just what I'm used to calling it. :dontknow:
Reply 1183
AngryJellyfish
No, that's just what I'm used to calling it. :dontknow:

Oh :sad: well that seems like one of those series more commonly known by the english name :yes:
Reply 1184
caraniel
:console: I got a torrent of Planetes when it was a review series, I'm sure there are some active ones floating about or DDLs?

Oh Time of Eve is excellent - I watched it as it was being webcast on Crunchyroll (which meant hideous amount of waiting between airing dates :dry:) and only usually mentioned it directly after watching an ep.

I'm watching it on crunchyroll now, because I cant find it anywhere else.
it is :woo: :eek3: :eek3: Good.
Reply 1185
do you have to sign up to use crunchy roll at all?

has anyone noticed the disscussion threads lack ...disscussion?:erm:
vin
has anyone noticed the disscussion threads lack ...disscussion?:erm:

I've been thinking that about FMA and Fairy Tail for ages, but I can't really help there. :s: Umineko has just started a new arc so there's not much to say, though it was fairly active towards the end of the last one. With Trapeze, as I feared before the series started, there's not much to discuss. :frown:
AngryJellyfish
With Trapeze, as I feared before the series started, there's not much to discuss. :frown:

Surely there's a lot to discuss in terms of execution? :s-smilie:
Reply 1188
I cant really help because im quite behind with new stuff:s-smilie:
I wish I was here when Kaiba aired, I had a lot of fun watching it while it aired. It felt great being able to predict what would happen in later episodes by simply paying close attention to the aired episodes. :proud: Ah, there's a comic with a prediction of the ending somewhere that was made on episode 6 or so, I need to find it.
Reply 1190
vin
Oh I need to decide whch completed series to pick from my yellow list :s: can you reccomend some please :poke:

I'm pretty sure I highlighted series from your 'want to watch' list on MSN?

As for Eve no Jikan, I did briefly mention this series when I was watching it and even suggested that it be on the review rota. We concluded at the time that it would be best if we waited until it finished. :smile: - And yup, it's a good little series, with some great 2D and 3D integration. The director, Yoshiura, was responsible for Pale Cocoon, an OVA also worth seeing. :yes:
Reply 1191
The most discussed series was probably code geass oh so long ago :s:
Reply 1192
In regard to there being minimal discussion in the series specific thread(s), in my case, it's a combination of watching Touch more or less exclusively at present and that I've become lazy in relaying my thoughts on each new episode. I will get around to it, though.
AsakuraMinamiFan
Surely there's a lot to discuss in terms of execution? :s-smilie:

Perhaps, but it could do with a little more participation. You and I already have the highest post counts there (only 6-7), while vin is in third with his 'haven't watched it yet' posts. :p: Hopefully the 4th ep will inspire me to post something after I finally get around to it. :yes:
Reply 1194
AngryJellyfish
Perhaps, but it could do with a little more participation. You and I already have the highest post counts there (only 6-7), while vin is in third with his 'haven't watched it yet' posts. :p: Hopefully the 4th ep will inspire me to post something after I finally get around to it. :yes:

:rofl:sorry AJ
Matisse
I'm pretty sure I highlighted series from your 'want to watch' list on MSN?

As for Eve no Jikan, I did briefly mention this series when I was watching it and even suggested that it be on the review rota. We concluded at the time that it would be best if we waited until it finished. :smile: - And yup, it's a good little series, with some great 2D and 3D integration. The director, Yoshiura, was responsible for Pale Cocoon, an OVA also worth seeing. :yes:

you did, but you mentioned quite a few :redface:

Ive picked some now though :smile:
We need more "mystery" series to air where we can deduce the ending before actually reaching there. :yep: That would spur discussion!
I was also waiting for Eve no Jikan to finish before watching it. :yes: Though according to ANN and Wiki, it seems to have finished since then without me realizing. :o:
Reply 1197
I feel bad about neglecting the discussion threads, although in my case its because I've cut back on posting in general (due to my stupid wrist) and because with FMA:B and Fairy Tail I've read the manga so don't really have anything to speculate about and can only comment on how the anime version handled certain things :s-smilie: With Trapeze, its quite formulaic so not alot of discussion is generated :dontknow: Umineko's final arc should generate some discussion though.

Yeah Eve no Jikan is finished - I want more though :sad:
AsakuraMinamiFan
We need more "mystery" series to air where we can deduce the ending before actually reaching there. :yep: That would spur discussion!

That was what we hoped for with Umineko no Naku Koro ni, but the magical twist has left it more or less impossible to predict anything that happens in that series. :p: Still can't believe the things I overlooked in the previous arc though...
Reply 1199
AsakuraMinamiFan

I love mystery series'...how about just more mysteries in general? :p:

Latest