Reply 1580
AngryJellyfish
All other sources seem to think that A-P is wrong. :p:

I was hoping that :smile:

it wont let me mark it as watched though :huff:
vin
I was hoping that :smile:

it wont let me mark it as watched though :huff:

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. :frown: Hopefully they'll fix it soon, I'll just leave it on my watching or stalled list until then.
i hope A-P is right :puppyeyes: more Akikan please :excited:
Reply 1583
8 eugenius
i hope A-P is right :puppyeyes: more Akikan please :excited:

:spank:no
More Akikan! would be good, but I didn't find the OVA that great compared with the rest of the series. Obviously the whole point of OVAs for these types of series is usually to take the ecchi up a few levels from what they can show on TV, but Akikan! is one of the rare examples where the male characters (Kakeru, Gigolo and that random gay government official) completely outshone the larger female cast, so having them play a smaller part left it feeling like any other generic harem series. :s:
Reply 1585
Yeah I wasnt fussed on the OVA for that very reason AJ......no more Akikan - I'm still quite bewildered by the fact I actually watched all of it :erm:
I started 11eyes and current1y it seems interesting but I d0n't 1ike the c1iche chi1dh00d friendship, they sh0u1d have made it s0 that the pr0tag0nist is a 10ner 1ike in cha0s-head which i 10ved,

im writing semi-1eet because s0me 1etters d0n't w0rk such as;l and o which I typed using 0n-screen keyb0ard
he110 strat0s
Reply 1588
I like cake :fluffy:

and anime though Ive not watched any today :frown:
New Naruto chapter was a bit of an anticlimax... Surely that can't be it?

New Bleach chapter was average; nothing really happened... again.
Sankaku Complex

Gonzo Stripped of Strike Witches Season 2

In a surprise announcement which may be the death knell for troubled studio Gonzo, the production for the second season of Strike Witches has apparently been confirmed as moving to studio AIC, despite earlier assurances that Gonzo would retain the rights.

AIC has previously cooperated with Gonzo on the production of Strike Witches, so they likely have some expertise with aerial pantsu-like things.

AIC may actually be a very logical choice if Gonzo was considered too unreliable or otherwise, as they have previously produced the similar Skygirls, as well as several series jointly with Gonzo (such as Seto no Hanayome and Sora no Otoshimono, along with the aforementioned Strike Witches).

In any case, the loss of its most high profile franchise probably spells the end for the lingering remains of Gonzo, at least unless its management overhaul turns out to be spectacularly successful…

Sucks for GONZO, but studio AIC are pretty awesome so I doubt there will be too many complaints from fans. :p:

The only other 'news' post that took my interest was just a rant about next season's lineup (or lack of one), with 16 new series this winter compared with 24 the year before. :s:
Reply 1591
AngryJellyfish
Sucks for GONZO, but studio AIC are pretty awesome so I doubt there will be too many complaints from fans. :p:

The only other 'news' post that took my interest was just a rant about next season's lineup (or lack of one), with 16 new series this winter compared with 24 the year before. :s:

Hmm, Strikes Watches... Another 'had potential that was never realised' series from Gonzo, with solid animation and an interesting premise, but suffered from poor pacing and laughable villains. Here's to hoping AIC will deliver something better for the second season. Clearly, there was enough demand to warrant it, probably in account of the apparent lack of mecha musume anime on the market.

2009 hasn't been the best year for anime, certainly not for quantity, but there's been some often underrated gems, that's for sure. It doesn't really affect me anyway, since I'm picking up a lot less than I used to.
It's the opposite for me; autumn 2008's lineup was so good that I picked up more than ever before, spring '09 adding to that even further (though it was more due to quantity than quality, too many to choose from :p:). Since then I've kept on the same number of ongoing series (16).
Reply 1593
Last night at animesoc the taster showing (first four episodes) was of Kimi ni todoke. Like Toaru last week this was a series I have episodes of and had been planning to watch. Unlike toaru last week I really enjoyed it. In fact I was about to start episode 7 before I messed around with MSN :giggle:

One of the main reasons is I kind of match the main character :nyoron: From the wild swings about others must feel, to not quite knowing how I was able to be lonely and so on :nyoron: But the main thing that really struck a chord was the whole not calling someone a friend in case it was embarrassing/annoying for them. I've only had "classmates" and "colleagues" since secondary school.

/:emo:
Reply 1594
keep your feelings to the other thread:hmmm:

Now Im going to watch the new ep of kimi ni todoke :cry2:
Reply 1595
I've run out of episodes :nyoron:
I'm saving the latest ep until A-P updates and will let me mark it as watched, only because I've got so many other series to catch up on. :p:
Reply 1597
Nowadays I use MAL, and then go and update anime planet.

Purely because if I type "m" in the URL bar it's the first URL...whereas I have to go to my favourites and click on AP :teehee:
Reply 1598
Sawako:emog:
I was just about to come on here and talk about Kimi Ni Todake actually :biggrin: Just watched all the eps out so far, and I'm really enjoying it. I wouldn't mind it progressing from the embarrassment stage soon-ish though, maybe hit some more mature notes in a few episodes time.

Latest