The Student Room Group

Hmv

Hi, I have an Interview for HMV as an x-mas temp.

I just wondered what kind of questions they will ask? And if anyone has experience of a HMV interview.

XxXSusieXxX
Hi, I have an Interview for HMV as an x-mas temp.

I just wondered what kind of questions they will ask? And if anyone has experience of a HMV interview.

Hi I've recently had an interview with them.

Basically they will ask why you want to work for them out of all the other music shops why did you apply to work for them?

They will ask you what experiences you have of work?

What do you know about HMV as a company and what products they sell and name their competitors.

Zavvi (their rival who went into administration) and Head (temporarily replacing Zavvi).
Reply 2
I can't help with your question, although I think the person above has answered everything you wanted anyway. I was just wondering, did you apply via the website? I've just applied via there - how long did it take to get a response?
I was offered a job there today and I think I will take it. I know it is xmas temp but they might keep you on and there are good hours for a few months anyway :yes: The manager pretended to be someone looking for an ipod... but it was quite casual and not too formal. They asked about my experience and what music I liked, etc... just relax! :biggrin:
Reply 4
I had one very recently with HMV for xmas temp, which lasted all of 15 minutes! Don't know how it went (very confident with my music knowledge generally) although I was led to believe it should be half an hour.

Didn't have a music/fim quiz or anything like that, was just asked what sort of albums I like right now, what will be the big films coming up and a scenario or two. The interviewers were very nice. Just relax : D
Reply 5
Yes, why you want to work for them- they obviously asked that too!
Has anyone had a job offer for Xmas Temp yet. I'm still waiting, the asisstant manager said he would ring in 2-3 weeks. Im thinking that means no job offer.:frown:
Any more tips or questions they might ask?
I have an interview for a hmv xmas temp job tomorrow morning!
I had an interview with them about 2 weeks ago, thought it went really well. They just asked the normal interview sort of questions and then there was a quiz on music, films, games etc & scenario questions. It was really laidback and I had a chat with them about what music I'm into etc. Got a generic email the next day saying I didn't get the job, but phone call week later inviting me back to a second interview. That was supposed to be today, a group interview lasting two hours, but I didn't go - literally been to about a twenty interviews for xmas temp jobs in the last couple of weeks (on a gap year!) and started getting offers now. But they just let me a message asking me to ring them so I hope they aren't going to shout at me for not going.. haha
How much do they pay per hour? I was told it was about £6.50 an hour. Does anyone know for sure?

I start next week :biggrin: :biggrin:
I got offered the job this morning and they said it was £5.80 for xmas temps and if you get taken on after xmas it goes up to £6.20 or something I think
I've got an interview for xmas temps, I know odd because it's so late and near Christmas now. But what sort of questions are asked in the interview?

I'm also suprised as me and a friend applied the same day, whilst she was rejected next day and I got a phone call about a week later.
Reply 12
I looked at the website today to look for job vacancies and the only ones are in Reading (and I live in London). Do you think it would be worth going into HMVs in London and applying or does that mean there really are absolutely no vacancies? (Also apparently HMV's gone bust - is it a good idea to try and get a job there?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending