The Student Room Group

Formula 1 internships

I'm looking to eventually have a career in F1 and I think it would be very beneficial to find a university with ties to a formula 1 team. Wondering if anyone knows of a school offering F1 internships, or something like it.
Original post by jakep0417
I'm looking to eventually have a career in F1 and I think it would be very beneficial to find a university with ties to a formula 1 team. Wondering if anyone knows of a school offering F1 internships, or something like it.

You can get a placement year with a F1 team during your degree. Your university choice honestly depends on what do you want to do in F1. Is it Aero or Mechanical Design or Vehicle Dynamics and Race Engineering? Let me know and I can definitely help you out. I too was really confused about where I should go to for a career in F1 but I've done quite a lot of research and networking now and have a much clearer future path
Reply 2
I'm currently in Year 11 and planning to pursue my college education in the UK. My passion lies in Formula 1, particularly in the business aspect with little to no touch of marketing. I'm eager to explore apprenticeship opportunities within the Formula 1 community to gain valuable experience and eventually secure a permanent position.
I'd love to hear from individuals who have insights into the availability of apprenticeships in F1, particularly in the business realm with some involvement in marketing. How competitive is it to land one of these apprenticeships, considering the high demand and limited positions available?
Additionally, l'm curious to know if it's feasible to pursue such opportunities during my college years. Are there part-time or summer internships available within Formula 1 that could provide me with relevant experience while I continue my education (though I much rather prefer apprenticeships)?
Lastly, for those who have successfully navigated a career path within the Formula 1 community, I'm eager to learn about the strategies and steps you took to achieve your goals. How did you stand out in such a competitive field, and what advice would you offer to someone starting out, like myself?
Reply 3
Original post by MaccyManager
Sorry however I can not answer your query as I am a McDonald’s restaurant manager.

Yoo, I have a McDonalds about 10 minutes walk from where I live, and I'll finish my GCSE in summer, so I'm trying to look for a job there maybe, what do you look for when hiring? Because i have a strong feeling i might be rejected as my friend's brother applied and got denied, eventually getting a job from a friend's referal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending