The Student Room Group

GES Summer Scheme 2023

Has anyone had an application outcome / update yet?
I interviewed with the FCDO at the start of May and was told they hope to release the interview results by the end of May / early June.
Reply 1
I got interviewed by FCDO as well but I haven’t heard back yet either
Reply 2
Original post by emansabir
I got interviewed by FCDO as well but I haven’t heard back yet either

I just got an update from them that I’m on the reserve list. Did you get an outcome / update?
Reply 3
Yeah I just heard back too. They said I was successful but they said they’d get back to me with the details of which department and next steps etc. Hope you do get it in the end!!

Original post by ekonomics
I just got an update from them that I’m on the reserve list. Did you get an outcome / update?
I'm in the same boat, got put in the reserve pool lol staying very positive though

Reply 5
Yeah I just heard back too. They said I was successful but they said they’d get back to me with the details of which department and next steps etc. Hope you do get it in the end!!

Cool well done! Leave an update when you find out what department you got into pls :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Pranavbhardwaj
I'm in the same boat, got put in the reserve pool lol staying very positive though

Oof not great is it especially after the waiting so long but definitely staying positive too. What’d you get as a feedback score? For managing a quality service I got a 3
Oof not great is it especially after the waiting so long but definitely staying positive too. What’d you get as a feedback score? For managing a quality service I got a 3

Nah literally same as you, 3 in managing a quality service, thought I did quite well in the interview tbf oh well it was a good experience anyway, the lack of people in the same situation makes me feel like the reserve list won’t be too big fingers crossed
Reply 8
Original post by Pranavbhardwaj
Nah literally same as you, 3 in managing a quality service, thought I did quite well in the interview tbf oh well it was a good experience anyway, the lack of people in the same situation makes me feel like the reserve list won’t be too big fingers crossed

Yeah same tbh my interview was really good and overran by a bit. My feedback said I could’ve benefitted from being less concise in my answers though.
Hope we both get an offer anyways, would you be based in London?
Hey, I interviewed at the treasury and found out that I was successful on Wednesday. Does anyone know what the start dates will be or how long (I know the advert said 6-12) the internship will be?
Reply 10
I got the same email but no other information. They must really like keeping us in the dark. Has anyone heard back yet?
(Original post by Vish21)
I got the same email but no other information. They must really like keeping us in the dark. Has anyone heard back yet.

I got another email confirming i had been allocated to the Treasury and then an email confirming which specific group within the treasury, saying they would confirm start dates etc.
Reply 12
yeah i got an email saying i’d been assigned to ONS but literally nothing apart from that
Reply 13
Can I ask when you guys got your emails back since I’ve only received an email saying I’ve been successful at interview on the 14th of June?
Reply 14
I got my initial email on june 14th as well and then i got an email saying i’d been assigned to ONS on June 20th, but no information about which division or start dates etc
Original post by Vish21
Can I ask when you guys got your emails back since I’ve only received an email saying I’ve been successful at interview on the 14th of June?
(edited 10 months ago)
Anyone starting in Wolverhampton with DLUHC?
(edited 10 months ago)

Hi, congrats on being successful. I have an interview next week for the summer placement. If you have any tips or advice that would be really helpful x
Original post by eight-hour-orchi
Hi, congrats on being successful. I have an interview next week for the summer placement. If you have any tips or advice that would be really helpful x

Hey! If you haven't had the interview yet, definitely learn basic economic concepts like market failure, government debt, inflation, fiscal and monetary policy etc. Also, have an answer for why you study economics and what interest you about a GES summer scheme. I will warn you they do grill you a lot (they ask lots of follow up questions) but don't stress too much about that, they dont expect you to know everything, they just want to know your thought process mainly and that you have a fundamental understanding of Econ. Hope that helps! : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending