The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Remarqable M
Describe the structure of cholinergic Synapse.

Well:
Synapses consisting of Ach(acetyl Choline ) as a transmitter substance is called a cholinergic synapse.
1)As the Action Potential passes through the pre-synaptic neurone it activtes voltage gated sodium channel as well as calcium channel.
2)Influx of Ca+ ions induces the vesicles containing (Ach) to be released at the synaptic cleft by exocytosis.
3) Usually few vesicles release numerous Transmitting substances.
4)These have shape complementary to that of the protein receptors on the post-synaptic neurone.
5) After binding the receptors shape changes, due to which sodium channel open, sodium ions rush in.
6) Depolarization takes place.
7)Acetylcholinesterase are present at the synpatic cleft, the break Ach into acetate and Choline.
8)Choline is taken back to the post-synaptic end by the use of ATP, it binds to acetly CoA to become Ach again.
Tinkerbelle &#9829
Is that in the OCR book with the brain on the front ?

In the CPG book it says adenylate cyclase :confused:

yep OCR by mary jones :p:
Tinkerbelle &#9829
Is that in the OCR book with the brain on the front ?

In the CPG book it says adenylate cyclase :confused:

ohh great three spellings lol???
someone clarify!!!!

three books have three different spellings
1)CGP
2)Biology 1
3)ocr biology

?????????????:confused:
CertifiedAngel
Thankies :smile:, Oh i knew it had 3 phosphate groups but didnt know it was made rom ribose sugar and adenine base lol silly me x

Thanks :biggrin:, im back! also picturing results day and uni - thats helping !

Ill just type out my notes.

I have notes on everything except control of heart rate and limiting factors on photosynthesis, so if anyone has those, would they type them out for me, that would be grand :smile: x

ok i will post notes on these soon wait for me ok im gonna do physics revision first then I'll get back to you:smile: in the meantine check my notes on photosynthesis and respiration if you haven't done that.
Then later on tonight around 22:00 I will post notes on photosynthometer finally lol
Remarqable M
ok i will post notes on these soon wait for me ok im gonna do physics revision first then I'll get back to you:smile:

LOL :frown: same here wjec though -.-, wonder if you have the same board?:P
ibysaiyan
yep OCR by mary jones :p:

Mary Jones?

Just wondered if it was the same one I were using :smile:
I'm dreading the June exam. Has anyone looked over it yet? Three times as hard as this one. :emo:
Exocrine glands ? These glands secrete substances into a duct.Pancrease in unique as it consists of 2 way secretion.
the exocrine juice consits of:
Amylase: catalyses hydrolysis of starch to glucose.
trypsin: catalyzes hydrolysis of polypeptides into amino acids.
Lipase: catalyzes hydrolysis of lipids into glycerol and fatty acids.
ibysaiyan
LOL :frown: same here wjec though -.-, wonder if you have the same board?:P

The new OCR A2 physics:smile:
InvoluntarySlacker
I'm dreading the June exam. Has anyone looked over it yet? Three times as hard as this one. :emo:

:frown: yep especially stuff on Inheritance , alleles Grrrr
InvoluntarySlacker

please one test at a time..lol :smile:
ibysaiyan
:frown: yep especially stuff on Inheritance , alleles Grrrr

boringgggg...
Remarqable M
The new OCR A2 physics:smile:

i think u have the same exam boards as me for maths (edexcel), physics(ocr) and biology.
MadMaths
ohh great three spellings lol???
someone clarify!!!!

three books have three different spellings
1)CGP
2)Biology 1
3)ocr biology

?????????????:confused:

Just stick with adenyl cyclase why bother what these books are calling it and look what OCR has called it on their book.:smile:
MadMaths
boringgggg...

:yes:
MadMaths
i think u have the same exam boards as me for maths (edexcel), physics(ocr) and biology.

Yep, Im dreadin physics because i've spent too much time revising biology initially i wasn't too scared about biology but once the class notes piled up I started my planning in mid october:biggrin:
MadMaths

Maths AQA, Bio OCR, physics WJEC T.T
Unfortunately WJEC is the most hardest of all boards when it coms to PHYSICS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAWR.
Remarqable M
Yep, Im dreadin physics because i've spent too much time revising biology initially i wasn't too scared about biology but once the class notes piled up I started my planning in mid october:biggrin:

basically our current module has:
4.1 SHM
4.2: 2 dimensional collisions.
4.3: Kinetic theory and 1st law of thermodynamics RAWR
4.4: Difference between electric and gravtational properties.
4.5: Circular orbits, Doppler shift, Black matter, Dark Energy, Keplers Law T.T
its on 28th .
Control of heart rate:
1) The sinoatrial node (SAN) generates electical impulses that cause the cardiac muscles to contract

2) The rate at which the SAN fires (heart rate) is unconsciously controlled by the medulla in the brain

3) Animals need to alter their heart rate to respond to internal stimuli, e.g. to prevent fainting due to low blood pressure or to make sure the heart rate is high enough to supply the body with enough oxygen.

4) Stimuli are detected by pressure receptors and chemical receptors:
i) There are pressure receptors called baroreceptors in the aorta and the vena cava. They're stimulated by high and low blood
pressure.
ii) There are chemical receptors called chemoreceptors in the aorta, the carotid artery and the medulla. They moniter oxygen
level in the blood (and CO2 and pH, which are also indicators of oxygen)

5)Electrical impulses from receptors are sent to the medulla along sensory neurones. The medulla processes the information and sends impulses to the SAN along motor neurones.

E.G:
High blood pressure -- Baroreceptors detect -- impulses sent to medulla, which send impulses to vagus nerve, secretes acetylcholine*, which binds to receptors on SAN -- cardiac muscles are the 'effectors' -- the response is that the heart rate slows down to reduce blood pressure back to normal.

*Acetylcholine is secreted when there's high blood pressure or high blood O2, low CO2 or high pH levels.
*When theres is low blood pressure it's noradrenaline that's secreted. Noradrenaline also secreted when low blood O2, high CO2 or low pH levels are detected.
ibysaiyan
basically our current module has:
4.1 SHM
4.2: 2 dimensional collisions.
4.3: Kinetic theory and 1st law of thermodynamics RAWR
4.4: Difference between electric and gravtational properties.
4.5: Circular orbits, Doppler shift, Black matter, Dark Energy, Keplers Law T.T
its on 28th .

have you checked the past papers that i posted on the physcis thread? more past paper questions than biology lol
early planning finally paid off for physics:smile: just need to do those questions then im set.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending