The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Psychology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Psychology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:

1) name and where you are from
2) what other subjects you are taking at A Level
3) the grades you are hoping to get at the end of Year 13 :smile:
4) the latest netflix show/movie you've watched
5) your go-to positive/motivational quote or affirmation
(edited 1 month ago)
halloo
i take psych (edexcel) , socio and english lit
im hoping for 3 A*s
i watched 'never let me go' yesterday
Hi all,

I'm with AQA
I struggle most with remembering all the approaches (they all just merge into each other in my head), and also the minority influence in social influence which includes all of the small steps that minorities influence the majority.
I really enjoy debating stuff when it comes to evaluations, especially in the Gender topic.
Hey everyone, just to let you know I've merged two threads together here :smile:
Reply 5
Hi everyone. I'm taking psychology, English language, law and environmental management. I hope I will get 2 A*s and 2 As for these subs
Just looking for any revision and study tips for a-level psychology as I’ve just started y12 and having a bit of a hard time starting off. I do AQA. Thank you : )
Reply 7
hey everyone!
i take psychology (edexcel), english literature and government and politics.
i enjoy social and learning topics.
i hope to attain 3A*s at the end of year 13!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by tyrah
hey everyone!
i take psychology (edexcel), english literature and government and politics.
i enjoy social and learning topics.
i hope to attain 3A*s at the end of year 13!

wow what are your psych revision tips? also, are you an early applicant?
Hi everyone. I actually finished year 13 and received my results in August. I did Law, Spanish and Politics. For Law and Spanish (OCR and AQA) I had never gotten anything below an A*/A and ended up with B’s so decided to resit those two. Politics I never enjoyed so got rid of it and now I’m attempting to do a fast track for A level psychology (AQA) in a year. I know it’ll be challenging but I’m determined. I’m aiming for an A (and A* in the other two). I’m self studying from home, haven’t found an amazingggg tutor to help me out and no colleges near me offer this fast track option…

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone may have, have a nice day!!
Original post by anodied
hii

i do aqa psych
my other subjects are sociology and french
my favourite part so far has been social influence bc i think im most interested in social psychology the most plus the studies were interesting
id say the one i remember the least is attachment so i definitely have to revise that more

Oh my days I just started Psychology French and photography, how do you find psych and French together what are your top subject specific tips when it comes to those two?
Reply 11
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Psychology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:

1) name and where you are from
2) what other subjects you are taking at A Level
3) the grades you are hoping to get at the end of Year 13 :smile:
4) the latest netflix show/movie you've watched
5) your go-to positive/motivational quote or affirmation

Hi again! My name's Livi, I'm originally from Slovakia but live in the UK now, I'm studying psychology, maths, further maths, and computer science for A-Level!
I'm hoping for at least a B in further maths, and then As or A*s in the rest!
The latest show I watched was The end of the f***ing world on Netflix, and I don't really have a motivational quote.
Original post by livi548
Hi again! My name's Livi, I'm originally from Slovakia but live in the UK now, I'm studying psychology, maths, further maths, and computer science for A-Level!
I'm hoping for at least a B in further maths, and then As or A*s in the rest!
The latest show I watched was The end of the f***ing world on Netflix, and I don't really have a motivational quote.

heyyyyy, welcome :biggrin:!
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

if you are doing AQA Psychology, official exam forums have been made! Check them out :biggrin:!

Paper 1: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404635
Paper 2: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404637
Paper 3: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404641
Original post by Pwca

hiii

i’m with eduqas
we do positive psychology which i really enjoy!!! stress has been interesting as well :smile:
probably struggle the most with novel scenarios
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
hiii

i’m with eduqas
we do positive psychology which i really enjoy!!! stress has been interesting as well :smile:
probably struggle the most with novel scenarios

hiya wdym by positive psychology? just interested :biggrin:
Reply 16
hi everyone,
I am in y13 currently studying psychology (Aqa), biology, french and Spanish. Someone mentioned this but I also love the social influence topic it is an absolute dream. on the other hand, I am not vibing with the topic of attachment
Reply 17
Original post by alishap35
hi everyone,
I am in y13 currently studying psychology (Aqa), biology, french and Spanish. Someone mentioned this but I also love the social influence topic it is an absolute dream. on the other hand, I am not vibing with the topic of attachment

we are polar opposite! social influence is my worst topic whereas attachment was my second fav after approaches!
Original post by mai0may
we are polar opposite! social influence is my worst topic whereas attachment was my second fav after approaches!

tbh i like both social influence and attachment :biggrin:
Reply 19
Hi, I’m doing AQA Psychology and I’m in year 13. My other subjects are Geography (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel A).

My favourite topic in Psychology is probably Biopsychology (since my favourite subject is Biology) and Research Methods so far. I have a love-hate relationship with Attachment. find the content interesting, but struggle with the amount of content in it as I find it repetitive so it can all blend into one.

I struggle most with remembering researcher’s names and the AO3 evaluation points. I find AO1 fine, it’s always the AO3 I forget.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending