The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Primary PGCE

Hi everyone (anyone??!):woo:

I've applied for Oxford Brookes Primary PGCE and have got an interview on Thursday. I just wondered if anyone has already been through this interview day and had any tips? Or anyone who has a similar interview coming up?! I am slightly worried about the 5 minute teaching task and how thoroughly we need to know the paper we have been given?

If anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you so so much!

x:o:

Scroll to see replies

hey, Iv got my interview on thurs 19th as well!! im so scared! what have you done to prepare?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
hey! havent really been sure what to prepare! what about u? do u have a lesson sorted? xoxox
um just been lookin at questions on google etc um yeh have u? xxx whats your name, we can meet up tomorrow! xxx
Reply 4
hey guys, sorry only just saw this thread lol i could have given you some tips! I had my interview there on 9th Nov, still waiting to hear back. They said 2-3 weeks, and it will be 2 weeks 2moro, so hopefully might hear this week. How did your interviews go? Did you do a maths test? How long did they tell u to have to wait to get the decision? xx
Reply 5
hey- i have mine tomorrow!! any tips??

I am worried about the written task- is it all about reflective teaching?? and evaluating our own tasks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile: xx
Reply 6
Original post by madgirlie1
hey- i have mine tomorrow!! any tips??

I am worried about the written task- is it all about reflective teaching?? and evaluating our own tasks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile: xx

Hey madgirlie :smile:

Well, the written task we did was basically just evaluating our teaching tasks, had 20 mins to do it! So dont worry too much :smile:

It was all quite fun actually :smile: what time is yours from and til? mine was 9:30-1, but assesment type stuff was only really from 11.

xx
Reply 7
We only had 10 minutes to write it so mine isnt very neat :frown: i hope they arent marking on neatness!!!

:frown:

You heard anything yet? xx
Reply 8
i have a conditional offer for 5-11 at brookes im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know what the baseline class of degree is for everyone?! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
I have an offer for 3-7! I can't stop smiling!!!!

My degree is a 3rd in Maths but I did graduate 14 years ago so it's less relevant.

See you next Sept Loopylooby!
Reply 10
Well done :smile: When were your interviews?? How long did you wait to hear? xxx
Mine was 9th November so it's been 17 very long days!
Reply 12
WELL DONE!!!!! im soooo happy its untrue!!!!!

I think i may have been in your group, i was the crazy tap dancer haha! Were you the nappy or the air hostess?

Im so pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile: xxxx
Reply 13
yay i got an offer to :biggrin: well done everyone...see you all in September...so incredibly excited and so happy yay

xxx
Reply 14
I got an offer for early years too!!!! So pleased!!! Can't wait! What a long two and a half weeks that was!! Also got a TA job on Tuesday so it's been a good week!!! Well done to everyone who also got an offer!! :smile: xxx
Well done everyone!

I was the air hostess teaching the brace position! I thought your teaching task was great, really enthustiastic, especially as you had to wait until last!
Hi everyone,

Congrats on getting accepted!!

I have an interview for early years pgce at oxford brookes in january. Can anyone tell me about their interviews? what they/other people did for their 5 min teaching task? what the maths test was like?

Any help very much appreciated,

Hey! congrats to everyone whose been offered a place!!

I have an interview for primary PGCE at oxford brookes on 12th January, soooo nervous!!

Just wondering if anyone was had or is having an interview there can tell me whats involved in it prep wise, I've heard there's a 5 min teaching task ?? I haven't got the letter or contact from the uni through yet, only found out on GTTR this morning! any help would be sooo appreciated!! xxx :biggrin:
Hey! congrats to everyone whose been offered a place!!

I have an interview for primary PGCE at oxford brookes on 12th January, soooo nervous!!

Just wondering if anyone was had or is having an interview there can tell me whats involved in it prep wise, I've heard there's a 5 min teaching task ?? I haven't got the letter or contact from the uni through yet, only found out on GTTR this morning! any help would be sooo appreciated!! xxx :biggrin:
Reply 19
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my GTTR application on 22nd November 2010 and it still says it is under consideration. My first choice is Brookes and I was just wondering how soon after you submitted your form that you heard back?

Best Wishes,

Anna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending