The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

In the Shoes of a Student Ambassador: Managing Workload and Part-Time Jobs

We asked one of our Student Ambassadors for their hot take on part-time work whilst at University. Here's what they had to say:

"I found out about the student ambassador program via school emails and I decided to apply because I have been looking for a part-time job that is flexible and that will accommodate my schedule. Being a student ambassador is a fun task for me as it accommodates my busy schedule, particularly whilst I’m trying to finish my dissertation. It allows me to have that working experience whilst staying on track with my school work. I enjoy the flexibility of being a student ambassador as the University is willing to help and work with me to succeed in my studies while still being a part of the community that helps other students. Being a student ambassador also allowed me to make connections and new friends from other courses which is a great networking opportunity.

Being a student ambassador at Oxford Brookes is a fun task, one gets to help with open days, graduate days, mentoring in summer and working in the admissions team. My role this summer is working within the Admissions team to offer help to new students and to give advice on what to expect as a new student at Brookes. Working with the admissions team has been fantastic. One gets to learn about the process, offer help and get paid whilst doing it. The student ambassador role allows one to give better input on how student life can be better improved at Brookes and allows students to have a work-student life balance and experience, whilst getting extra income to support themselves.

Students looking for part-time work to support themselves whilst studying at Oxford Brookes should take advantage of the dedicated Jobshop desk. For more information about this, I would recommend taking a look at our webpage."

Would you consider getting a part-time job or looking at a Student Ambassador role whilst at University? Comment down below on what jobs you would be interested in or any tips/tricks if you are a current student!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending