The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

IELTS score

For IELTS, I have condition of overall 6 band and for listening and speaking 5.5 band and for reading and writing 6 band.

If i get overall band 6 but unfortunately in single module I will get less band such as in writing if i get 5.5 band but my condition for writing is 6. So will Oxford Brookes accept my score card?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
For IELTS, I have condition of overall 6 band and for listening and speaking 5.5 band and for reading and writing 6 band.

If i get overall band 6 but unfortunately in single module I will get less band such as in writing if i get 5.5 band but my condition for writing is 6. So will Oxford Brookes accept my score card?

As far as I'm concerned, it depends on your course and the prospective admissions team. For instance, if anyone applies for allied health-related courses, they've got to fulfil the given requirements. Otherwise, realistically, they would miss out on being selected. Hence, it would be sensible to ask the OBU admissions team. Hope this makes sense.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Thank you for your question - it's a good one. Based on the condition you have mentioned, the score you have should be acceptable, even though you are technically .5 down in writing. To be certain, it would be best to provide the Admissions team with the official certificate and give us a call so that we can look at your scores and the conditions of your offer. I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office

I got overall band 6 but unfortunately in two module I will get less band such as Speaking and Reading got 5.5 but my condition for reading is 6. So will Oxford Brookes accept my score card?
My program is - Course: MSc Accounting and Finance
Original post by Alisha.Bokade

I got overall band 6 but unfortunately in two module I will get less band such as Speaking and Reading got 5.5 but my condition for reading is 6. So will Oxford Brookes accept my score card?
My program is - Course: MSc Accounting and Finance

Hi Alisha,

Thank you for your message. It sounds as though this may be acceptable, but please get in contact with Admissions directly so that we can review your official result. I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Reply 5
If I go there in January (2024), but overall I get 5.5, in each part Speaking I get 6, Listening and Writing get 5.5, Reading I get 4.5. Is there any way that will allow me to study at this Oxford Brookes University?
Original post by Kunya
If I go there in January (2024), but overall I get 5.5, in each part Speaking I get 6, Listening and Writing get 5.5, Reading I get 4.5. Is there any way that will allow me to study at this Oxford Brookes University?

Most unis need you to meet both the overall and component scores.

You’ll likely need to retake or ask whether they have a pre-sessional English course.
Original post by Kunya

Hi @Kunya,

Thank you for your message and your interest in Oxford Brookes University.

You will certainly still be considered to come study at Oxford Brookes, however you will need to consider either improving these scores on your own, or taking a pre-sessional English course. (more details here). You would likely need to complete a 12 week course, which would start in January. This would mean beginning your degree programme in September 2024. I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending