The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

03mannuk
I got shortlisted! but yh does anyone know how many people got shortlisted? :smile:

Thanks

I think its a few hundred. As far I know the interviews are over 4 days with approxx 50 people at each one so I guess theres a 50/50 chance we'll get a place!!!
Reply 81
i haven't heard from them yet.
so im guessing that'a a rejection!!

congrats to e1 who got it!! =]
Reply 82
Joan-Manuel
Hi guys, congratz all of you that got an interview that is an awesome oppertunity! But I was wondering if there was any one out there that has yet to receive a reply? I am yet to receive one.

hey yeah i havent received one either ! :\
i emailed them asking so hopefully they'll get in touch soon x
Reply 83
unknownrebalz
I think its a few hundred. As far I know the interviews are over 4 days with approxx 50 people at each one so I guess theres a 50/50 chance we'll get a place!!!

Really? Only 50 people?! Where did you hear that?
That's great if it's true :biggrin: I was thinking that there would be loads more for some reason.

What kind of things do you lot think we'd be doing in these workshops?

Who's going on the 20th? I think it'd be good to get to know some people before going ^^
Reply 84
Hi guys i have an interview at Manchester on Tuesday the 23rd of March anybody else?
Reply 85
sufyaan
Hi guys i have an interview at Manchester on Tuesday the 23rd of March anybody else?

I'll be at that one as well. See you there :smile:
Reply 86
sufyaan

I'm there too :smile:
Its_anya
Really? Only 50 people?! Where did you hear that?
That's great if it's true :biggrin: I was thinking that there would be loads more for some reason.

What kind of things do you lot think we'd be doing in these workshops?

Who's going on the 20th? I think it'd be good to get to know some people before going ^^

my friend knows someone who was interviewed last year and thats what she said.
I suppose it'll be the same this year. It can't be too much people as they have to interview everyone.
I'm going up to Manchester for mine on the 23rd

I dunno what we'll do in the workshop. probably something to do with enterprise and politics etc...
sufyaan

I'll be there!
Hey!
I got an interview at mancester on the 23rd? Does anyone actually know what date the fellowship leaves on in july?
Hi, on the website i read: ''3-5 July - Prime Minister's Global Fellowship Pre-Departure Briefing Weekend.'' So i guess sometime soon after that the fellows leave?
Bring me 20th March...ahh i can't wait! :s
Reply 91
Applied, got an interview in an email back in March, see you in Manchester on the 23rd!
yay i got an email about my train ticket coming through the post! i'm all excited now, how sad haha :biggrin:
Reply 93
troll
(edited 11 years ago)
I know! I'm waiting for my train ticket but they didn't give me the address until today so I think I put from London to Manchester oxford road station; thinking that it would be at the BC headquarters in Manchester like it is in London.

Lets hope they hurry up and send the tickets so that I can change the station or change it to the right station.

Getting excited/nervous for the interview now!!!
spring_bee040906
Hi, on the website i read: ''3-5 July - Prime Minister's Global Fellowship Pre-Departure Briefing Weekend.'' So i guess sometime soon after that the fellows leave?
Bring me 20th March...ahh i can't wait! :s

I wont be here for the departure briefing!! Damn! i don't get back till the 8th!
Lets hope i get in and they just brief me over the phone or something.
http://www.global-fellowship.org/about/calendar_of_events.aspx

events calendar

plus-last years dates

"The 2009 China fellows arrived safe and sound in Beijing on 23rd July, ready for the experience of a lifetime."
"The Fellows arrived in New Delhi on 18 July 2009"
"The Brazil Fellows arrived in Rio on 17 July 2009"
Ooo, i don't know if this counts but last year the interview stage was in April, they extended the application process or something..so we might have earlier dates idk? maybe not anyway good luck all! not long now :smile:
Reply 98
Got my tickets today, although I have to leave Newcastle at 07.23 :s-smilie:
Reply 99
Got my tickets today as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending