The Student Room Group

Personal Statment for Japanese

I'm applying to study Japanese at uni, and I need to write my personal statment, I have been meaning to write it for ages, but because I still havent got my reference back I keep putting it off...

well, im looking for any examples of Personal Statments for Japanese... I dont really know fully why I want to learn Japanese and I wouldnt even know where to start blagging :/ and im not the type that watches one anime episode and thinks he can be an expert, i actually have basic knowledge of Japanese Romaji, just not qualifications.

cheers :smile:
chenko
I'm applying to study Japanese at uni, and I need to write my personal statment, I have been meaning to write it for ages, but because I still havent got my reference back I keep putting it off...

well, im looking for any examples of Personal Statments for Japanese... I dont really know fully why I want to learn Japanese and I wouldnt even know where to start blagging :/ and im not the type that watches one anime episode and thinks he can be an expert, i actually have basic knowledge of Japanese Romaji, just not qualifications.

cheers :smile:

Well, some things you might want to include are why you have an interest in learning a language and why being able to communicate with more people in the world is an important thing. You could also include previous experiences of learning langauges for example. I wrote something like 'I went to Chinese Sunday school for 9 years and have therefore, realised the importance of communication skills and how it's important to be able to understand other cultures'.

Btw, why are exactly are you interested in Japanese? To be honest, I have always had an urge to learn Japanese all my life since I already speak Cantonese but it's only since last year when I fully was immersed in Japanese culture that I realised how much I want to learn it. First, it was FIFA World Cup 2002, then Japanese music (Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA...), then Anime (Initial D, Love Hina, Naruto...) and now medieval Japan (samurai, ninja etc...).
Reply 2
PM me if you want to know anything about Japan. I've lived in Japan all my life.
Reply 3
jediknight007,
Cheers... I dunno exactly why I want to do it, I know I like the language and I find it pretty easy considering that I have not had any lessons etc. Also I like the Japanese way to say it shortly... much better than this country for sure :rolleyes:
vavavoom
PM me if you want to know anything about Japan. I've lived in Japan all my life.

Are you of Japanese origin? There aren't many other Oriental forum users here....

Latest

Trending

Trending