The Student Room Group

low rise jeans

hi, im 5 foot 1 and cant find any low waisted jeans! because im short, places like topshop dont have jeans that fit me well- they say on the tag they are 'super low rise' or whatever, but theyre not on me!! i got ones that fit really well from miss sixty years ago, but they dont do them anymore. does anyone know of somewhere i could check out thats not like miss selfridge coz ive already tried those places! thanku!!
Reply 1
River island? Levis?
Reply 2
For all mankind and earl jeans are really good! I'm 5 ft 3 and they do them in different lengths.
Reply 3
My friend is short, and she likes Next jeans.
Reply 4
Yeah but next dont really do low rise jeans..all of their trousers sit on your waist
try urban outfitters or asos, they tend to have all the smaller sized jeans in the sale too!
Reply 6
Also von dutch do the ultra low rise ones.
Reply 7
von chav
Reply 8
Fleece
von chav

:toofunny: Glad to see i'm not the only one who detests von dutch!
Reply 9
I'm 5ft, and I have to wear Topshop jeans as work uniform (because I work there, grr). You might want to try their petite range, basically all the jeans are sized down so that if it says super low-rise on the label, it'll be super low rise on someone smaller than 5ft 3.

Having said that, I bought some Topshop jeans called 'Rizz' in regular size and they were really low, so you might want to have a look at them :smile:

Also, Diesel do some really really low rise jeans! I have some which are called 'Cherone' (I think they're last season's, so you might be able to find some in a sale somewhere), and they're really low. Levi's 'Eve' jeans are pretty low too.

I wouldn't recommend Next jeans as I always find they sit too high on the waist. Also, Oasis jeans are ridiculously high waisted so don't bother with those.
Reply 10
gap? abercrombie?
Reply 11
Fleece
von chav

Yeah only if you buy their stuff with the logo splattered al over it though!
Reply 12
rachelisa
Yeah only if you buy their stuff with the logo splattered al over it though!

aye. i hate any kind of showing logo :-\
Reply 13
i'm 5'2 and just got some really nice new look jeans that are low rise- they have a few different styles and do them in different leg sizes (and they'r e a nice price!)

lou xxx
Reply 14
I'm not an 'expert' in finding the right petite jeans, since i'm 5' 8!
I know you've said you've tried Topshop, but are the jeans you've tried from the regular range? If so, try the Petite range: in their larger stores in particular, they always seem to have an extensive range.

Other brands which seem to have low waisted jeans but have shorter leg lengths available are New Look, Diesel, Fornarina, and Replay - the last two especially might be good, Fornarina in particular, since if im not much mistaken they originate in Italy (like Miss Sixty) and so might be a similar fit to your discontinued Miss Sixty Jeans?

Maybe try Levis and Gap also.... both of their jeans range are huge!

Latest