The Student Room Group

uni clothes

girls please help me out, where do i get cute going out tops for uni? i'm starting this year and all i have is t-shirts haha
Reply 2
😩 the problem is not where to get them... It's whether you have money or not 😭😭😭

If I had money... I'd totally go for Ralph Lauren vibes. But I don't soo 🤣 H&M isn't bad, Bershka etc. but it's more so what you do with the outfits you buy than where you buy them.

Honestly, my advice is to build up a wardrobe of basic necessities. E.g. plain black, white, monochrome tops, vests, shirts etc. and basic jeans, leggings, whatever other style of pants u like.
Now, buy a few "statement" pieces, if you will. These encompass colourful/ patterned / interesting pieces, like tweed jackets, blazers, cardigans, bags, jumpers, skirts etc.
The most important part to looking put together are accessories. Sunglasses, bracelets, necklaces, chokers, brooches, headbands, cute bags, keychains etc. these can really "up" a basic outfit.

The key to putting together a good outfit is to layer and accessorise. Start off with you basic pieces. Choose a statement piece, or not, and accessorise.

Make sure to have some comfy clothes too. Hoodies, joggers, sports clothes etc.

This is just my opinion thoo
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Coeoe
😩 the problem is not where to get them... It's whether you have money or not 😭😭😭
If I had money... I'd totally go for Ralph Lauren vibes. But I don't soo 🤣 H&M isn't bad, Bershka etc. but it's more so what you do with the outfits you buy than where you buy them.
Honestly, my advice is to build up a wardrobe of basic necessities. E.g. plain black, white, monochrome tops, vests, shirts etc. and basic jeans, leggings, whatever other style of pants u like.
Now, buy a few "statement" pieces, if you will. These encompass colourful/ patterned / interesting pieces, like tweed jackets, blazers, cardigans, bags, jumpers, skirts etc.
The most important part to looking put together are accessories. Sunglasses, bracelets, necklaces, chokers, brooches, headbands, cute bags, keychains etc. these can really "up" a basic outfit.
The key to putting together a good outfit is to layer and accessorise. Start off with you basic pieces. Choose a statement piece, or not, and accessorise.
Make sure to have some comfy clothes too. Hoodies, joggers, sports clothes etc.
This is just my opinion thoo

omg thank you so much! i really don't have that much money but my 18th is in july so i'm hoping to just ask everyone for all the things i'll need/want for uni then haha
Reply 4
Original post by emmab0488
omg thank you so much! i really don't have that much money but my 18th is in july so i'm hoping to just ask everyone for all the things i'll need/want for uni then haha

Oooh good idea!
I'd recommend (for clothes) looking up some styles and aesthetics. If you already have one in mind, it'll be a lot easier to buy/ ask for the clothes you need. Pinterest is such a gem for fashion.
Ps make sure to ask them for cute folders, tech stuff etc.!! That would be so handy haha 😆
Reply 5
Original post by emmab0488

Look in charity shops or online sites like Vinted.

Quick Reply

Latest