The Student Room Group

Guys, where do you get your clothes from?

I can never find things I like, and the things that I do find that are pretty alright often are just priced stupid.
Reply 1
2nd hand like charity shops or vinted. make sure to check for damage and make sure to wash them before you wear them. its also quite fun to sift through all the ugly stuff to find something you like
Reply 2
EMP and gigs.
Goodwill and thrift shops. As someone else said me sure to check for damage and WASH them. Hopefully this helps
In a boutique, if I buy new clothes any. I have no favorites,
Original post by MAKER12
I can never find things I like, and the things that I do find that are pretty alright often are just priced stupid.
primark / charity shops / small business>>>
I totally feel you on the struggle to find clothes that match your style without breaking the bank. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack sometimes! I've had some luck browsing online, and I recently stumbled upon this site https://www.gentlemansguru.com/product-category/wedding-tuxedos/ that has some pretty cool options, especially for special occasions like weddings.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by JovanniWard
I totally feel you on the struggle to find clothes that match your style without breaking the bank. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack sometimes!

Have the same issue with pairs of trousers. It is like to search for a needle in a haystack to find and buy trousers they really suits with my legs.
Original post by Kallisto
Have the same issue with pairs of trousers. It is like to search for a needle in a haystack to find and buy trousers they really suits with my legs.

I find shirts the worst. If the collar fits they seem too long or if that's fine the sleeve is wrong. Too many variables! Need the correct collar, length, and sleeve for a well fitting shirt.
Original post by MAKER12
I'm not a guy but asos has thousands of clothes from random brands and they always have deals going on. Last time i shopped there was christmas and i bought 5 things that costed me £150 which might sound alot but without the deal, it would have been like £270 or smt like that. Asos is quite good if you want to do shopping around a busy holiday.
trousers from Tesco™

socks & panties from Poundland

anything else from charity / carboot
If you want to buy dresses, you can go to affordable online dress shops like sonicemall.com. Some are less than £100. For second-hand options, you can visit thrift stores. If you're looking for everyday clothing, you can try Shein, where prices are very cheap. If you're worried about the quality of online clothes, I suggest going to offline clothing wholesale markets with friends.
Original post by MAKER12

Charles Tyrwhitt
Original post by MAKER12

2nd hand shops/penneys (primark for intl)

Quick Reply

Latest