The Marmite Lovers Society

Scroll to see replies

Aeon Prince
isit bad i've never tried marmite :emo:

Yes. Shame on you.
Reply 41
Planto
I just wanted to comment on how rubbish this image is:

I know. Sorry :sad: It will all me improved in time.
Reply 42
We also need badges
Reply 43
Love. Marmite.

Tasty on pasta, or when mixed with cream cheese... God it's good... I might have some now actually... ^_^
You are all disgusting.
fran.ha

Also, does anyone have any Marmite memorabilia? I shall post my small collection shortly.

I don't, but there used to be a pop-up Marmite shop on Regents street awhile back. Some really good stuff in there, just really really overpriced!

My boyfriend gives me the little heart shaped marmite's he gets from staying in hotels. I have quite a few now.. don't want to eat them though as they look too cute. Plus I have a huge jar anyway. Really want some now.. damnit staying over in a marmite free zone at the moment.
mikeyd85
Nice one! Look forward to reading it.

As for fave Marmite dish - fix half a teaspoon in to your bolognese mix just before you serve. It's lovely. :yep:

Oooh I have to try this very soon! :woo:
Saint
i have owned mine for years, haven't opened it yet tho... I'm waiting for a special occasion!

my Marmite is in storage as I'm moving house atm, so I'm gonna get sum squeezy from Asda to tide me over till we are re-united.

I wanna join the society obv :biggrin:

I'm not sure what I prefer, squeezy bottle or glass bottle.

Btw has this officially become a SOC yet?
fran.ha
Toast in bed?

Yeah that's what I meant.
Reply 49
SPREAD THE LOVE!

Vote the LOVE Party -MaY 6TH!
I used to cut 'subs' in half, toast them, and then coat them in Marmite. Their long-boat like shape led to the affectionate nickname 'Marmite Boat', which in turn led to me pushing them along the kitchen top, humming the theme tune to the film 'The Vikings', which, in turn, led to my mother thinking I had finally snapped.

That is my Marmite Memory :suith:
MMODT
Love. Marmite.

Tasty on pasta, or when mixed with cream cheese... God it's good... I might have some now actually... ^_^

With pasta? Honestly I haven't tried that before, might give it a go tomorrow though.
Kater Murr
I used to cut 'subs' in half, toast them, and then coat them in Marmite. Their long-boat like shape led to the affectionate nickname 'Marmite Boat', which in turn led to me pushing them along the kitchen top, humming the theme tune to the film 'The Vikings', which, in turn, led to my mother thinking I had finally snapped.

That is my Marmite Memory :suith:

:lol:
I once put marmite in my dads pants for aprils fools day, a few years ago. All I heard in the morning was "arghhhhh" and then the shower going. hahaa.
anyways, LOVE marmite, on toast is best :biggrin:
Mmmm marmite is good, but I prefer a nicely aged Thomas Hardy Ale. 18 years is about right to get a lovely marmitey taste. Although it also has hints of a very dry sherry and some treacle in there too. Delicious, although you can't drink it like normal beer, thats for sure, you might end up with no mouth, it is the strongest beer in the world, and get even stronger with age, as the yeast is left in the bottle :smile:
You wouldn't have guessed i've only just turned 18 would you; I sound like a pensioner who likes their drink.....oh dear......
Reply 55
YES PLEASE.
can i be secretary? :biggrin:
Reply 56
beccy.
YES PLEASE.
can i be secretary? :biggrin:

Most definitely :proud:

By the way, Flel is coming tomorrow 4.15 so I'm gonna take her to the pub after we've popped back to mine for a bit. Do you wanna come and have a few drinksies? Nothing major just a few (I won't be drinking anyway).
fran.ha
Most definitely

By the way, Flel is coming tomorrow 4.15 so I'm gonna take her to the pub after we've popped back to mine for a bit. Do you wanna come and have a few drinksies? Nothing major just a few (I won't be drinking anyway).

...Why not invite her around for marmite on toast? :hmmm:
Reply 58
I would like a position in the marmite soc please. :puppyeyes:
Reply 59
OK but if you are going to have a part you actually have to DO STUFF. Not just get to name yourself something. I'm gonna have you WORKING. You hear me?

Quick Reply

Latest