The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

do u guys think the grade boundaries this year would even be lower than last years?
Reply 21
I thought Section A and C were quite good and easy :/ Section B was hard though.

But enough of that, thank god exams are over! for me anyway (good luck to everyone who has upcoming ones C:smile:
Reply 22
strawberryilicious
do u guys think the grade boundaries this year would even be lower than last years?

Yeah, quite a bit. Below 70% for sure.
Reply 23
AbigailTM
I hated it.

I don't know what came over me but I just couldn't concentrate. I knew all the knowledge before i went in, I knew it all when i got out, but when i was in there it was just a complete blank.

I found the second essay (on transpiration) alright, and the IAA and GA question was okay too, but i definitely haven't got full marks in them.

I left a lot of graphs questions till the end, and then ended up running out of time so i couldn't even get to finish what i had considered 'easy marks'. I'm so gutted.

same ! i couldnt do some of the graph questions:frown:
Reply 24
jackwka
Yeah, quite a bit. Below 70% for sure.

Below 70?! You really think? I thought it was an okay paper but I doubt they'll lower it below 70...
Reply 25
RizzyI
Below 70?! You really think? I thought it was an okay paper but I doubt they'll lower it below 70...

I think its pretty obvious. The multi choice was a lot harder that previous years, whilst most people would probably argue there was too much problem solving. Maybe 69% anyway
Reply 26
RizzyI

what is the percentage to get B?
Reply 27
does anyone have the solutions to the multiple choice??
Reply 28
Too many problem solving questions :frown: And I couldn't concentrate because I had the god damn wobbley table!! :mad2: Typical :pierre:
Reply 29
For the bee waggle dance did anyone put direction as they other piece of information the bees would need to know about the food source.
Reply 30
G_C
For the bee waggle dance did anyone put direction as they other piece of information the bees would need to know about the food source.

I put direction then scored it out and put quantity of food source just to be on the safe side but I'm positive that both answers would get the marks because I read an article about waggle dance in the New Scientist magasine :yep:

I'm so sad... haha
Reply 31
I really think it was on par with previous years. multi choice slightly harder, section B slightly easier..
Reply 32
RizzyI
I put direction then scored it out and put quantity of food source just to be on the safe side but I'm positive that both answers would get the marks because I read an article about waggle dance in the New Scientist magasine :yep:

I'm so sad... haha

I wrote 'mass of food' then was told by my teacher afterwards the answer was direction. doh! :frown:
Reply 33
Surely the quantity of food would be useful to know too, though? They wouldn't want 100,000 bees going for a speck of honey. I think you'll get the mark for it tbh
Reply 34
im glad bilogy is over! :smile: hopefully i get an A!
Reply 35
i went for quantity... :frown:
Reply 36
G_C

I put direction :wink:
Reply 37
i put direction too
teendude
i went for quantity... :frown:

i went for quanitiy but i said 'number offood source; LOL ...another point gone..
Reply 39
I put quantity for that question also. nearly mucked the whole waggle dance questions up completely by mixing up the figures and lines for number and time of dances by misreading the graph.

Jeeze so many problem solving/graph type questions this year. Just hoping i have got atleast a B

Did anyone else do their essays firsts. I was happy with the speciation one, but nt too sure i done all that well on the IAA GA question.

Latest

Trending

Trending