The Student Room Group

Should I move school?

Hi so I’m in S5 making choices for S6 and want to go study law at Glagow.
For my options I put Ah English Ah History H p.e and H geography. Yet have been told my school isn’t running AH English so I switched to AH modern which now isn’t running either.
Glasgow states it wants Higher English and maths which I’m taking this year aswell as a social science / English at AH. Which I’ve taken AH history for. But what does Glasgow prefer for Law?
I could move to a school in the town over and take AH modern and History plus higher pe and geography.
Or I could stay at my current school and take Ah history then higher geography, pe, philosophy and business. Or take a YASS course.
What option are people thinking is best ? And guidance would be appreciated:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Zesty lemon
For my options I put Ah English Ah History H p.e and H geography. Yet have been told my school isn’t running AH English so I switched to AH modern which now isn’t running either.
Glasgow states it wants Higher English and maths which I’m taking this year aswell as a social science / English at AH. Which I’ve taken AH history for. But what does Glasgow prefer for Law?
I could move to a school in the town over and take AH modern and History plus higher pe and geography.
Or I could stay at my current school and take Ah history then higher geography, pe, philosophy and business. Or take a YASS course.
What option are people thinking is best ? And guidance would be appreciated:smile:

I would either contact admissions and ask them if they would make an exception because your school isn’t running these courses - which they would likely say yes to with evidence. You could also ask your school if you could take the course online during study periods. But I’m sure that with good grades glasgow would be happy to make an exception - I would contact them beforehand just to make sure
Original post by Zesty lemon

I agree with @M2006 - get in touch with Glasgow. I'd also say make the time to have a one to one with your school guidance team. There's teachers there to help students through applying to uni and if you explain the subjects required alongside your thoughts they'll be able to help find a solution in your timetable.
I'd say the AH History at your current school would count as your social science AH though so if you're happy to take that then qualifications wise it should match up. But speak to Glasgow as I'd imagine Law is a very competitive course so it's good to know in advance what they'd like you to prioritise.

Good luck!
Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending