The Student Room Group

Higher Grades results and top unis

This is a really random request, but I'm very curious. Could everyone who got into a top uni in Scotland like St Andrews, Glasgow, or Edinburgh state what uni they got into, what type of offer they got, and what their higher grades were. I'm just trying to get a jist of my likelihood of getting in. Also economics majors commenting would be really great, but I'm interested in everyone else too.
Reply 1
Hi, I applied for Economics at Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, St Andrews and Aberdeen. I achieved AAABC at Higher and I was doing two advanced highers and one higher in my last year. I did qualify for minimum requirements so keep that in mind.

Glasgow- Conditional for a B at Higher or C AH
Strathclyde- Unconditional
Aberdeen- Unconditional
Edinburgh- Unconditional
St Andrews- Unconditional (Uni I currently attend)

I submitted my application mid December. Heard back from Edinburgh start of January and the latest response was St Andrews early May. In general if you have the grades listed in the requirements you will most likely get an unconditional as you don't have any other grades requirements to fulfill.

From my observations all of my friends even with the lowest grades got offers from all of the above apart from St Andrews where they are very selective and do require a great personal statement and reference.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by JP_17
Hi, I applied for Economics at Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, St Andrews and Aberdeen. I achieved AAABC at Higher and I was doing two advanced highers and one higher in my last year. I did qualify for minimum requirements so keep that in mind.

Glasgow- Conditional for a B at Higher or C AH
Strathclyde- Unconditional
Aberdeen- Unconditional
Edinburgh- Unconditional
St Andrews- Unconditional (Uni I currently attend)

I submitted my application mid December. Heard back from Edinburgh start of January and the latest response was St Andrews early May. In general if you have the grades listed in the requirements you will most likely get an unconditional as you don't have any other grades requirements to fulfill.

From my observations all of my friends even with the lowest grades got offers from all of the above apart from St Andrews where they are very selective and do require a great personal statement and reference.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Oh my goodness, this has given me so much hope! I got AABBB in my highers, qualify for minimum entry requirements in every uni apart from edi for some reason. I've been having so many panic attacks thinking I won't get into uni. Thank you so much for your response! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by eggbread78134
Hi. I'm originally from South Africa and came to Scotland in 2019. Sat my highers in 2022 and advanced highers 2023. Since I didn't qualify for the Scottish fee status I had to take a gap year this year. About to submit my UCAS application soon for 2024 entry.

I will be applying for 5 year Masters in math at Edinburgh, St Andrews, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Heriott Watt for Actuarial Science as a backup.

I studied maths, physics, chem, english and business management for higher in s5 and got AAAAA. Studied maths and physics at advanced higher in s6 and got AA. Also did the L6 leadership award in s6 and got a pass.

Hope this helps.

Thats amazing, thank you so much and good luck in your application!
Reply 4
Original post by eggbread78134
Hi. I'm originally from South Africa and came to Scotland in 2019. Sat my highers in 2022 and advanced highers 2023. Since I didn't qualify for the Scottish fee status I had to take a gap year this year. About to submit my UCAS application soon for 2024 entry.

I will be applying for 5 year Masters in math at Edinburgh, St Andrews, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Heriott Watt for Actuarial Science as a backup.

I studied maths, physics, chem, english and business management for higher in s5 and got AAAAA. Studied maths and physics at advanced higher in s6 and got AA. Also did the L6 leadership award in s6 and got a pass.

Hope this helps.

i was wondering did you start your education in scotland in s2 and why didnt you get an scottish fees status since i thought the requirement was to stay in scotland/uk for three years
Reply 5
Original post by rosewallsxx
Oh my goodness, this has given me so much hope! I got AABBB in my highers, qualify for minimum entry requirements in every uni apart from edi for some reason. I've been having so many panic attacks thinking I won't get into uni. Thank you so much for your response! :smile:

Just wondering if you've received any offers!
Reply 6
Dentistry but I do A levels, AAA requirements
Reply 7
at Glasgow*
Original post by JP_17
Just wondering if you've received any offers!

Yes! Thank you for asking, I've got conditionals for Glasgow & Edi but I'm yet to hear back from st andrews :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending