The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

eddizle
i have about 10hrs of lectures and the FRIDAY OFF, yaaaaaaaaa, a three day weekend is cool

I had 8 hours of lectures and seminars at Reading in my first year but outside of that I did about 4 hours of reading (or in my case mainly writing essays) and still managed to get a good 2.2 at the end of the year but I was a very typical student who was extremely lazy and had a very hectic social life. So what I'm saying is that if you are reasonably smart and a rational thinking person (and if you do an arts degree) you really don't have to do too much work in your first year especialy outside of class and you can still get a very good grade at the end! Up 2 u how much time you want to put in to it but obviously know what your strenghts or weaknesses are as not everyone can get away with doing next to no work without suffering for it.

Hope you all have a good time at uni!
I was told I'll have between 9-12 hours per week. For every hour at university (lectures), you should read around 3 hours per week. Which turns the 9 hours easily into a 36 hour week :P
Reply 22
The thing with uni, or at least for me, is I will be studying something I'm interested in. At A levels it was a simply a case of doing the A levels to get into uni, but now I'll be doing a course I'm interrested in, and I will be interested to read into the subject matter. So 30+ hours of reading a week won't be quite as daunting as it sounds (or at least I hope :smile:).
Reply 23
I was doing 9 hours a week on a law course. Alot of the work you have to do your self including all the reading.
20hrs of lectures alone with 16hr a week job - and my parents say I don't do any work! Oh and in november and december I have to do a full time work placement for 4wks.
To anyone doing law how many hours do you usually spend studying and in lectures a week?

Latest

Trending

Trending