The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

G. Lee
Yes, that is rigorous scientific approach. If you don't like it, then why don't you cut it down if its that simple. Surely the work above will not take you any longer than 15 mins if you are so arrogantly confident.

So you state that N≥1 in your OP, then when someone asked what N was, you tell them that it's any integer? FAIL.
Then you tell me that this is a rigorous scientific approach. :rofl: :lolwut:
I think I'll go to bed and let you enjoy yourself with your rigorous science.
Reply 21
Any possible integer which is less than or equal to 1. These are the integers being recognized thus far at that part. respresents any integer due to the inequality.

Is this what confused people?
Reply 22
To change this to suit any integer of the choice -1, 0 or 1, then we just apply the formula's i gave. Simple.
Reply 23
G. Lee
NN is any integer.

I think I get it now, that confused me :p:

What does integer mean though? :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Look, there is nothing wrong stating it's any integer so long as the inequality is reconized to produce at least more than one integer; in this case it is, and i do believe you should go to bed and get a good night ~ day sleep.
Reply 25
In2deep
I think I get it now, that confused me :p:

What does integer mean though? :s-smilie:

An integer is a whole number, such as 1, 0 or even -122. Anything on the real or complex range.
Reply 26
G. Lee
An integer is a whole number, such as 1, 0 or even -122. Anything on the real or complex range.

LOOL -122 is a real number?

how can you have -122 Apples (for example)? :rolleyes:

that is unreal tbh
In2deep
LOOL -122 is a real number?

how can you have -122 Apples (for example)? :rolleyes:

that is unreal tbh

Sounds pretty fake if you ask me. G.Lee, do you understand that to have -122 apples, you need fake numbers?
Reply 28
Farhan.Hanif93
Sounds pretty fake if you ask me. G.Lee, do you understand that to have -122 apples, you need fake numbers?

Ah, so now we have reverted to jokes. This is a classic sign of trying to avoid the issue at hand, which you must come to realize, you have made an error and construded information terribly.
Reply 29
G. Lee
Ah, so now we have reverted to jokes. This is a classic sign of trying to avoid the issue at hand, which you must come to realize, you have made an error and construded information terribly.

I shall only take you seriously if you try to explain it all step by step. Now how can you get -122 apples, serious question? :smile:
Reply 30
Also, integers need not be real numbers.

Surely you do realize that imaginary numbers are pivotal in the foundation of mathematics, and is considered just as ''real'' as any positive number?
Reply 31
In2deep
I shall only take you seriously if you try to explain it all step by step. Now how can you get -122 apples, serious question? :smile:

Yes, it's funny... but if i hear it again, i dred it may wear out :wink:
G. Lee

Say wha... :eyeball:
You be trippin' brotha.
I'll take you seriously if you can explain your whole OP to me WITHOUT contradicting yourself or spouting ****.
Reply 33
ur ma
Reply 34
G. Lee

So Z⊄R\mathbb{Z} \not \subset \mathbb{R}? And you said earlier that -1 is an imaginary number -- wuttuff?
Reply 35
Swayum
:lolwut:

This was explained.

If 0, 1 have a range in N1N \geq 1

so (1)xnn1(-1)x_nn \geq 1 means that it has a new range of -1 to 1, but we can include the 0, because it is also an integer.
Reply 36
sorry mistake above - hold on.
Reply 37
nuodai
So Z⊄R\mathbb{Z} \not \subset \mathbb{R}? And you said earlier that -1 is an imaginary number -- wuttuff?

Yes and what can -1 =?

Obviously the imaginary/complex quantity i2i^2.
Reply 38
Farhan.Hanif93
Say wha... :eyeball:
You be trippin' brotha.
I'll take you seriously if you can explain your whole OP to me WITHOUT contradicting yourself or spouting ****.

I will deviate with you, no more. You have no interest in common decency when talking to people.
Reply 39
G. Lee

Surely you do realize that imaginary numbers are pivotal in the foundation of mathematics, and is considered just as ''real'' as any positive number?

Imaginary numbers are complex numbers... Real numbers are complex, but the imaginary ones are only part of C..

Latest