The Student Room Group

Help! My life is over

Well,The science teacher (horrible teacher) told me that I’m not ready for higher, and saying that I’ll just do double science instead.
Trust me that killed my soul. I really need to be a doctor,
But I’m in year 9 so,
The main thing is that I’ll move to another school and I’ll be year 10
So the question is can I move up from foundation to higher and double science to triple science in year 10?
Or once double science decision is made, it’ll never be change or nah?
If the answer is opposite of what I think, then my life is over.
So can I improve my grade from 5-9 once I go to higher?
And I’m talking about any subject that involved foundation and higher.
Btw I’m not in lack of revision or making mistake
It just the teacher won’t appreciate me and just give me low grade and terrible test which we didn’t learn at all.
So please respond this before it’s too late.
Question:
Can I go from double science to triple science in year 10?
Can I improve 5-9 once I go to higher in any subject?(year 10)
Is it possible from me going foundation to higher in year 10?
You don’t need triple science to become a doctor.
Original post by PQ
You don’t need triple science to become a doctor.
Really?
It sounds like you're facing a challenging time, and it's understandable to feel disheartened by your teacher's assessment. However, it's important to keep in mind that your current situation doesn't have to define your entire academic journey or your future career as a doctor. Educational paths can be more flexible than they might seem at first, especially if you're willing to advocate for yourself and work hard.

Moving from Double to Triple Science in Year 10

Yes, it is possible to move from double science to triple science in Year 10, but it largely depends on the policies of the school you'll be moving to. Schools can have different criteria for who can take triple science, often based on past performance in science subjects and overall academic achievement. However, if you're moving to a new school, this could be a good opportunity to discuss your aspirations and potential with the new teachers and see if they can accommodate your request based on your commitment and willingness to catch up.

Improving Grades from 5-9

Improving your grades from 5-9 once you go to higher in any subject is definitely possible. It will require dedicated effort, additional study, and perhaps seeking out extra help or tutoring in subjects where you want to improve. Showing improvement and a strong work ethic can also help convince your teachers that you're capable of handling more challenging coursework.

Moving from Foundation to Higher in Year 10

Similar to moving from double to triple science, moving from foundation to higher tier in subjects is usually possible if you can demonstrate the ability and motivation to handle the more challenging material. This often involves speaking with your teachers or school administrators to understand what is required for you to make this transition and then working towards meeting those criteria.
Steps to Take:

1. *Communicate Your Aspirations:* When you move to the new school, be proactive about discussing your goals with your teachers and school counselors. Explain why you're passionate about pursuing triple science and aiming for higher tiers in other subjects.

2. *Seek Feedback:* Ask for specific feedback on what you need to improve to qualify for higher tiers or triple science. This could involve improving certain skills, achieving specific grades, or demonstrating your commitment through extra work.

3. *Dedicated Study:* Be prepared to dedicate time and effort to studying, possibly seeking out additional resources or tutoring to help improve your understanding and performance in these subjects.

4. *Extra-Curricular Learning:* Engaging in science-related extra-curricular activities or independent learning can also demonstrate your commitment and interest in the subject.

Remember, your path to becoming a doctor is a long one, and there are many ways to achieve your goal. Even if the journey takes a slightly different path than you originally planned, what matters most is your determination, resilience, and willingness to work hard towards your dreams. Stay positive, and don't hesitate to seek support from family, friends, or mentors along the way.
Thank you so much!!
You’ve really save my life, I really appreciate it with that information. To be honest with you, I think that is that helpful advice you’ve just given, I’m so grateful for this.
Thank you ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest