The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

beaten to turd polishing.
Reply 21
As a UEL student, I'm looking forward to it - Picturing camp battle a la West Side Story

To read this thread and know that the people on this site reckon themselves to be of high intelligence and reason is equally depressing and amusing. How many bleats does one herd require?
Veneratio
Either you're an Oxbridge student or you're of absolutely no intellectual significance,

Not true. I guarantee employers look more favourably at applicants who went to e.g. Durham, Bristol, York etc than those who went to TVU, or as it will be known, UWL.
BreY
Makes no difference, will still be the ****** university of london

You think TVU is in the university of London...? :lolwut:
Reply 25
Lulz
This name sounds better
Reply 27
Could they not have come up with a more inventive name? We now have University of West England, University of West Scotland, and now this. We are going to end up with a load of universities in the West! Still, it sounds better than TVU.
Reply 28
Markh1000
You think TVU is in the university of London...? :lolwut:

:lolwut: I'm not an idiot, had TSR not censored my wording it would've read like this; it still will be the s h i t t a (as in one of the worst) universities of London
Reply 29
eddy2375
More TSR snobs taking cheap shots at universities of which they have no real knowledge. :rolleyes: These jokes are so old... with cobwebs, dust and all. Please take a look at yourselves.

I think the old TVU name has a nice ring to it, but I can see the sense in changing it - international uni applicants in particular are far more likely to know where London is than "Thames Valley". Which means more income from tuition fees, etc.

Apparently when Birmingham City University changed its name from "University of Central England", applications went up by something like 35%!

Really? Uni of West London sounds much better, Thames Valley makes the uni sound cheap.
BreY
:lolwut: I'm not an idiot, had TSR not censored my wording it would've read like this; it still will be the s h i t t a (as in one of the worst) universities of London

Ah the swear filter :rolleyes:
Reply 31
modgepodge
You can't polish a turd.

But you can roll it in glitter :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending