The Student Room Group

Vegeterians or not

Scroll to see replies

I have intollances towards Beef and Chicken, so I'm an Veggie, it keeps my weight down. I used to to eat meat when I was younger and been an veggie for 5 years. :smile:
Reply 21
Sorry. Not a hippie.
Reply 22
I was told that people who eat meat are mentally superior to vegetarians. Is there any truth in this?

My vegetarian friends do tend to score less on tests than me, any correlation?
Reply 23
I'm a vegetarian. Been one for 8 or so years? Quite happy. I just don't think I should eat something that I haven't killed myself, otherwise, how could I really appreciate the value of life? :erm:

Damn, I was trying NOT to sound like a self-righteous hippy, but now I'm thinking that intention didn't quite come off. :P My whole family eat meat, but I manage not to shove my views down their throats. I think it's a personal thing...
Reply 24
I'm veggie, it makes sense to me.
LOL at all the potential 'meat' jokes ^_^
I am right now, but only because I'm a poor student .. I'd rather be vegetarian than have to eat crappy, cheap 40% sausages and bottom-of-the-line chicken .. much rather spend extra on more expensive foody things like great coffee :sexface:
Reply 26
I am.
Reply 27
i was for about 3 years, but i gave in about a year ago. i'm still not really sure why i caved, i think i was drunk and wanted a pepperoni pizza. :biggrin:
i cannot understand why bacon turns so many people back though. i absoloutely HATE bacon, especially the smell :puke:
Reply 28
Samz
i was for about 3 years, but i gave in about a year ago. i'm still not really sure why i caved, i think i was drunk and wanted a pepperoni pizza. :biggrin:
i cannot understand why bacon turns so many people back though. i absoloutely HATE bacon, especially the smell :puke:

:eek:
eminem_follower
interesting is anyone a vegeterian based on religous?

I'm a Hindu and been a veggie all my life...although not all of them are.
bridge90
I was told that people who eat meat are mentally superior to vegetarians. Is there any truth in this?

My vegetarian friends do tend to score less on tests than me, any correlation?

No correlation whatsoever :wink:

Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton, and Thomas Edison were all veggies :fyi:
Samz

I'm a veggie and I don't get that either :five: especially since I found out bacon is the closest smell to burning human flesh :afraid:
i am not :>
Reply 33
im veggie :smile: its good for ya!
I am not vegetarian.
Reply 35
I am a vegetarian. It's a healthier way of life. How many obese vegetarians do you know?

It's the way forward!
Reply 36
I am, and have been all my life.
Reply 37
Monday's Child
No correlation whatsoever :wink:

Albert Einstein, Sir Isaac Newton, and Thomas Edison were all veggies :fyi:

How do you know that?
Reply 38
Here's one! :smile:
Only been a few months, though...
Reply 39
I'm not a vegetarian, although I have restricted my meat intake (I rarely eat any kind of roast meat and not much red meat either) due to psychological weirdness.

I probably could give up all meat but then I'd just be living on pasta xD

Latest

Trending

Trending