The Student Room Group

Post Exam advice

hey guys, im new to TSR so wondering if you could help me out.

got my results on the 5th

int 2 maths-A
higher computing-B
higher french-B
higher chemistry-D
higher english-F (yes, i know, im bad at english :/)

and the subjects i plan on taking in 6th year are AH comp, H maths, H info sys and AH french/H psychology/ or anything else :P
i want to do either a computer science degree at uni or a maths degree at uni, would the subjects im taking in 6th be alright, with the results i achieved in 5th year, and i reckon i cud get As and Bs in my 6th year choices.
cba with re-doing H english :P, dont think i need with my desired courses

Reply 1
Lewi414
hey guys, im new to TSR so wondering if you could help me out.

got my results on the 5th

int 2 maths-A
higher computing-B
higher french-B
higher chemistry-D
higher english-F (yes, i know, im bad at english :/)

and the subjects i plan on taking in 6th year are AH comp, H maths, H info sys and AH french/H psychology/ or anything else :P
i want to do either a computer science degree at uni or a maths degree at uni, would the subjects im taking in 6th be alright, with the results i achieved in 5th year, and i reckon i cud get As and Bs in my 6th year choices.
cba with re-doing H english :P, dont think i need with my desired courses

If you want to do a maths degree i'd highly recommend Higher Physics (if you are allowed to take it) instead of Adv. French or Higher Psychology, as they aren't really linked to what you intend to study at university.

Also do you have a potential appeal in Higher Chemistry? As if you don't re-sitting that may have to be an option.
Reply 2
Comp, Maths and Info Sys are quite nicely linked, unless you're in love with French I'd probably take up another science like Physics which is quite mathsy.
Reply 3
matthew93
If you want to do a maths degree i'd highly recommend Higher Physics (if you are allowed to take it) instead of Adv. French or Higher Psychology, as they aren't really linked to what you intend to study at university.

Also do you have a potential appeal in Higher Chemistry? As if you don't re-sitting that may have to be an option.

hmm, need to ask about a chemistry appeal, also physics but not too sure if i would be allowed to take it :smile:
Delaney
Comp, Maths and Info Sys are quite nicely linked, unless you're in love with French I'd probably take up another science like Physics which is quite mathsy.

I agree
Reply 5
If you can't do physics then how about accounting or statistics? (I don't even know if statistics is a subject, I'm just thinking of mathsy kinda stuff :o:)
Reply 6
Delaney
If you can't do physics then how about accounting or statistics? (I don't even know if statistics is a subject, I'm just thinking of mathsy kinda stuff :o:)

haha i think statistics is a subject but not a full course :s-smilie: according to my subject choice booklet...
but yeh if i cant do physics then accounts suppose sounds alright lol

Latest

Trending

Trending