The Student Room Group
Hii :smile:
Congratulations with the A, I am also continuing this Subject, cause I got a B yesterday, I do not know how I managed this, I did not finish the paper and thought I would be comming out with D,E,U
Reply 2
Delight :)
Hii :smile:
Congratulations with the A, I am also continuing this Subject, cause I got a B yesterday, I do not know how I managed this, I did not finish the paper and thought I would be comming out with D,E,U

Well done, so imagine if you completed the paper then!!!! :woo:
Reply 3
congratulations on getting an A, i did Govt politics aswell, i got a B at AS but a massive A yesterday so I've got an A overall, it gets interesting at A2 but you will need to do a fair bit of revision for the exam...
Reply 4
ratbaby
congratulations on getting an A, i did Govt politics aswell, i got a B at AS but a massive A yesterday so I've got an A overall, it gets interesting at A2 but you will need to do a fair bit of revision for the exam...

Oh really? I heard we learn about ideologies and stuff! I actually want to get an A* for G&P... will it be hard work considering my grade and the UMS points?

By the way well done.. what will you be studying at Uni?
pagrant
Oh really? I heard we learn about ideologies and stuff! I actually want to get an A* for G&P... will it be hard work considering my grade and the UMS points?

By the way well done.. what will you be studying at Uni?

Yup we do about all the Political ideologies, it's all very philosophical next year. Our college makes us start A2 courses for the 4 weeks between study leave and the summer holidays, so we've already done a fair bit on A2, and it looks pretty good, and probably more interesting than last year aswell :wink:

Congrats on your A btw :smile:
Reply 6
tieyourmotherdown
Yup we do about all the Political ideologies, it's all very philosophical next year. Our college makes us start A2 courses for the 4 weeks between study leave and the summer holidays, so we've already done a fair bit on A2, and it looks pretty good, and probably more interesting than last year aswell :wink:

Congrats on your A btw :smile:

Awww thank you...! I suppose it is a respectable achievement :o:
I managed to get an A* in G&P but tbh it was a complete surprise as i had really terrible teachers and had no idea what the examiners expected. If you've got good teachers though, it will be fine, although it is harder than AS, especially the seccond paper. Normally people don't do amazingly so the grade boundaries tend to be quite low, so if you keep up the whole year, an A* would be achievable.
Good Luck!
Reply 8
cuckoomillie
I managed to get an A* in G&P but tbh it was a complete surprise as i had really terrible teachers and had no idea what the examiners expected. If you've got good teachers though, it will be fine, although it is harder than AS, especially the seccond paper. Normally people don't do amazingly so the grade boundaries tend to be quite low, so if you keep up the whole year, an A* would be achievable.
Good Luck!

Hey thank you and congratulations too! What did you get in AS?
pagrant
Hey thank you and congratulations too! What did you get in AS?

Umm, it was an A in the high 90s, can't remember exactly...
Reply 10
cuckoomillie
Umm, it was an A in the high 90s, can't remember exactly...

Oh well done!! I guess I've got no chance of getting that A* in A2.. I was in the 80's
No, you still have a good chance. I had an amazing AS teacher, and several people in my school only scraped As last year and then got A*s this year. because it is harder, most people do worse, so if you can stay at a similar level, you do have a good chance!
Reply 12
I got an A* in G&P too yesterday :biggrin: I did the AQA course, don't know if you are too? But I can't stress how important background reading is. The exams in the second year seemed to be largely about you bringing in your own knowledge and examples - but don't worry about reading every book on politics in the library, just a quick browse over a good quality newspaper (and taking note of anything that seems particularly relevant) will suffice, and just really helps you to write higher level answers that will help you to get that A*. Good luck!
Comepletely off topic, but is Government and Politics a soft or strong Subject?
I am not sure now really :frown:
mogen
I got an A* in G&P too yesterday :biggrin: I did the AQA course, don't know if you are too? But I can't stress how important background reading is. The exams in the second year seemed to be largely about you bringing in your own knowledge and examples - but don't worry about reading every book on politics in the library, just a quick browse over a good quality newspaper (and taking note of anything that seems particularly relevant) will suffice, and just really helps you to write higher level answers that will help you to get that A*. Good luck!

I did Edexcel, and I don't know how different they are but I have to admit I did no background reading apart from one complementary textbook - either my teachers gave us good examples (unlikely!) or I was just lucky...

P.S. Well done! :yep:
Reply 15
Delight :)
Comepletely off topic, but is Government and Politics a soft or strong Subject?
I am not sure now really :frown:

Hi love! What's making you unsure? I can assure you Government and Politics is a very very very strong subject; asked for by top universities like LSE. History, English Literature is good to....Then your sciences ... quote me about anything :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending