The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Urgent! Help Needed!

I have just gone through clearing and got a place in manchester met studying physical education, however it is on the crewe campus. I really really like the course but not a fan of living in at the crewe campus as I want to live in manchester! My mate is studying there aswell and he is living at the student village! How far is the student village to the train station which would take me to crewe?
Is it worth it me living in manchester or not worth it at all?? Also from what ive read crewe campus nightlife etc is not the best

Any advice and help would be appreciated!!!! cheers.
Jack9999
I have just gone through clearing and got a place in manchester met studying physical education, however it is on the crewe campus. I really really like the course but not a fan of living in at the crewe campus as I want to live in manchester! My mate is studying there aswell and he is living at the student village! How far is the student village to the train station which would take me to crewe?
Is it worth it me living in manchester or not worth it at all?? Also from what ive read crewe campus nightlife etc is not the best

Any advice and help would be appreciated!!!! cheers.

my brother is on the crewe campus and we live in manchester (i think he honestly didnt realise which campus he applied for) There is a huge national train station in crewe and a direct line from manchester which takes about half an hour, tbh there is NOTHING to crewe and he has to go further afield to staffordshire etc to go out, nevertheless there is a couple of good student places there, the halls are also vvvvvvvvv.nice x
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Student Village is a 3 minute walk to the train station. Super close. If you have the money to catch the train every day and the ability to get up earlier everyday to get that train without missing your class then do it.
Reply 3
elspethseisay
my brother is on the crewe campus and we live in manchester (i think he honestly didnt realise which campus he applied for) There is a huge national train station in crewe and a direct line from manchester which takes about half an hour, tbh there is NOTHING to crewe and he has to go further afield to staffordshire etc to go out, nevertheless there is a couple of good student places there, the halls are also vvvvvvvvv.nice x

So do you reccomend me going for the student village next to the manchester oxford train station or living in the halls at crewe? My main issue really is I want the city living and manchester is perfect for me! However will i miss out on a lot with my course mates etc? and also will i need go to the freshers fair in crewe or manchester if i lived in manchester? Thankss :smile:
Reply 4
Emy1g
Student Village is a 3 minute walk to the train station. Super close. If you have the money to catch the train every day and the ability to get up earlier everyday to get that train without missing your class then do it.

Thanks! Yeah should be fine about gettin up and that. Does it make a difference if I go to the freshers week on the manchester campus rather than the crewe campus?
Jack9999
So do you reccomend me going for the student village next to the manchester oxford train station or living in the halls at crewe? My main issue really is I want the city living and manchester is perfect for me! However will i miss out on a lot with my course mates etc? and also will i need go to the freshers fair in crewe or manchester if i lived in manchester? Thankss :smile:

Well, my brother commutes from here so it's not a big problem. Just need to be up early, get the train at like 8 15 ish. I don't know if you'll miss out, they can let you stay in their halls I suppose. Being from manchester, I know how amazing the night life and the city in general is and I dunno whether it will matter to be honest, check though.
Your better off going to the freshers week in Manchester since thats where your going to be staying every night. You'll meet people that you'll party with for the rest of your uni life. No point going to Crewe's if everyone is going to hang out there as it'll defeat the point of you wanting to live in Manchester in the first place. If you get me?
Reply 7
elspethseisay
Well, my brother commutes from here so it's not a big problem. Just need to be up early, get the train at like 8 15 ish. I don't know if you'll miss out, they can let you stay in their halls I suppose. Being from manchester, I know how amazing the night life and the city in general is and I dunno whether it will matter to be honest, check though.

Ahh right I get you. Yeah wouldnt be a problem about getting up. Also got one of them 16-25 rail cards so wouldnt cost me a lot! Yeah, i suppose i'd make mates on my course and i could just stop in there halls etc what you think? Cheers!
Reply 8
Emy1g
Your better off going to the freshers week in Manchester since thats where your going to be staying every night. You'll meet people that you'll party with for the rest of your uni life. No point going to Crewe's if everyone is going to hang out there as it'll defeat the point of you wanting to live in Manchester in the first place. If you get me?

Yeah I'm with you. Thats good tbh because that is what i want! I was just concerned about being a bit of a loner as my course is 30-40miles away! Wouldnt be a big issue really would it? Also i could always spend a few nights in crewe with people i meet on my course? Think im going to apply for the student village! :smile: thankss!!
Jack9999
Ahh right I get you. Yeah wouldnt be a problem about getting up. Also got one of them 16-25 rail cards so wouldnt cost me a lot! Yeah, i suppose i'd make mates on my course and i could just stop in there halls etc what you think? Cheers!

Yeah, I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure they'd get bored of crewe fairly quickly and wanna go out in manchester so then in return they can stay with you in your halls? It will probs just be the odd night anyway. Even though my brother had a room in crewe he came back home anyway and just went there when he needed to. It shouldn't be a problem at all :smile:
Reply 10
elspethseisay
Yeah, I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure they'd get bored of crewe fairly quickly and wanna go out in manchester so then in return they can stay with you in your halls? It will probs just be the odd night anyway. Even though my brother had a room in crewe he came back home anyway and just went there when he needed to. It shouldn't be a problem at all :smile:

Problem sorted!! :smile: thanks a lot youve been a big help!!
Jack9999
Problem sorted!! :smile: thanks a lot youve been a big help!!

Noooo worries :smile:
tbh I doubt you'd ever go out in crewe anyway :smile:
good luck with everything xx

Latest

Trending

Trending