The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU accommodation recommendations- Archway

Hi anyone got any recommendations for MMU? I looked round today. liked Archway but can’t find many reviews. Also looked at Naylor and Cambridge. Are there any groups to go on to find more information? thanks
Hi there!
My name is Molly, I am a student rep on behalf of MMU. During my first year at MMU I stayed at Archway so I might be able to give you some insight on what your experience may be like while staying in this accom.

Personally, I loved living in the Archway halls. The kitchen/ living areas are lovely and spacious- a great place to throw parties or have movie nights. The rooms are slightly on the smaller side but each room has its own en-suite, I suppose this takes away from the size but for me it was important to have my own bathroom so I didn't mind sacrificing space. I always felt safe during my time living here because they have 24 hour security and lots of doors that require keys to get through. Living at Archway also allowed me to meet new people since there are regular parties during freshers week but that being said, if you are the kind of person that would be put off by noise from parties I would maybe avoid Archway and Birley.
Just before joining MMU I looked at all the different options for accommodation on TikTok and I found that it helped me massively.

Sorry I can't give any input on your other two options since I do not know much about them, regardless I hope this information has been useful in some way.

If you have anymore questions about life at Archway or MMU life in general, please ask away :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi there!
My name is Molly, I am a student rep on behalf of MMU. During my first year at MMU I stayed at Archway so I might be able to give you some insight on what your experience may be like while staying in this accom.
Personally, I loved living in the Archway halls. The kitchen/ living areas are lovely and spacious- a great place to throw parties or have movie nights. The rooms are slightly on the smaller side but each room has its own en-suite, I suppose this takes away from the size but for me it was important to have my own bathroom so I didn't mind sacrificing space. I always felt safe during my time living here because they have 24 hour security and lots of doors that require keys to get through. Living at Archway also allowed me to meet new people since there are regular parties during freshers week but that being said, if you are the kind of person that would be put off by noise from parties I would maybe avoid Archway and Birley.
Just before joining MMU I looked at all the different options for accommodation on TikTok and I found that it helped me massively.
Sorry I can't give any input on your other two options since I do not know much about them, regardless I hope this information has been useful in some way.
If you have anymore questions about life at Archway or MMU life in general, please ask away :smile:
thanks for your help with this.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi anyone got any recommendations for MMU? I looked round today. liked Archway but can’t find many reviews. Also looked at Naylor and Cambridge. Are there any groups to go on to find more information? thanks
Hi there,
I went to Cambridge! I ended up moving at Christmas time as it wasn’t really my scene. I think I am less of a party person so these halls weren’t my vibe! I moved to dwell and absolutely loved it. Cambridge has halls of 10 and you share 2 showers and two toilets. It has a big kitchen, great for pres and movies! It has a lovely courtyard in the middle to sit out when it’s sunny too and its in a great location.

best wishes
Emily
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi there!

Hi, I just booked my room at Archway for this September coming, and I’m super happy I got it, because it was my favourite out of all the halls at MMU. However, I was hoping to get a mixed sex flat, but by the time I got my email, only Female only was left. I don’t really mind, but it definitely wasn’t my preference as I’ve been at an all girls school for 7 years lol. Was just wondering if you also stayed in a single sex flat and how you found it? And just any other general stuff about Archway?
Thanks!
Connie 😁
Original post by horganc1
Hi, I just booked my room at Archway for this September coming, and I’m super happy I got it, because it was my favourite out of all the halls at MMU. However, I was hoping to get a mixed sex flat, but by the time I got my email, only Female only was left. I don’t really mind, but it definitely wasn’t my preference as I’ve been at an all girls school for 7 years lol. Was just wondering if you also stayed in a single sex flat and how you found it? And just any other general stuff about Archway?
Thanks!
Connie 😁

Are you in block C as I think you are one floor above my daughter who managed to book Archway.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
Are you in block C as I think you are one floor above my daughter who managed to book Archway.

Yes i’m Block C!
What course are you doing may I ask. She is doin mg events management
Reply 8
Original post by Dclaire1974
What course are you doing may I ask. She is doin mg events management

i’m doing fine art

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending