The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Official Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU).

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Hello 2024 applicants!:hello:

Thank you for your interest in studying at Manchester Met!

:yy:You can find a list of our available undergraduate degrees here
:yy:And courses with a foundation year here
:yy:Interested in visiting us on one of our open days? Register your place here
:yy:Take a look at our student accommodation here
:yy:Find information about Scholarships here and our Student Support Package here
:yy:And find a list of our clubs and societies here
:yy:Finally, if you'd like to chat with our current students, you can do so on The Ambassador Platform (TAP) here

Myself (Chloe) and our lovely Student Reps Emily and Molly are happy to answer any questions (big or small!) you have about studying at Man Met :biggrin:

Good luck with your applications and we hope to see you all next year!

Chloe :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Hi im currently taking a gap year and want to come to mmu but i haven't achieved the required UCAS points and was wondering how likely it is for me to get in i can't take a gap year because i dropped out of university as i was really unhappy.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi im currently taking a gap year and want to come to mmu but i haven't achieved the required UCAS points and was wondering how likely it is for me to get in i can't take a gap year because i dropped out of university as i was really unhappy.

It's great to hear that you're interested in Man Met!
Depending on the course you're interested in, we may offer it with a Foundation Year which has lower entry requirements. If the course isn't available with a Foundation Year option, then we would recommend studying an Access to HE course at a local college to meet the entry requirements.

I hope this helps!!
Has MMU started giving out offers for Sept 2024 yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Has MMU started giving out offers for Sept 2024 yet?

Hi!

If you are applying to study for September 2024 and you submit your UCAS application by the 25th of January, universities have until May 2024 to respond. However, the admissions team aim to make decisions as quickly as possible so some students may already have their offers:smile:

Hope this helps!
Hello, all! :smile:

I will be starting a Computing PhD in January and I'm super excited for it! :biggrin:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU).

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Hi my name is Eleanor and I’ve accepted an interview for Primary PGCE 3-7 for entry in September 2024. I completed my undergraduate at MMU and graduated in Early Years in 2020 :smile:
I’m feeling super nervous about accommodation at the minute as getting into university owned halls is my only option at moving back to study, but overall very excited and can’t wait to do my interview!
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Fashion Marketing
Not anytime soon
Really scared and nervous
Hiya!
I am attending an open day this Saturday but would love to hear from some students about the Filmmaking course as I can't find a lot of resources online
Thank you!!
I took a gap year and applied for banking and finance, I received an unconditional offer through ucas 3 days ago but still haven't got an offer letter/congratulations email from man met yet, should I be worried?
Original post by Anonymous #4
I took a gap year and applied for banking and finance, I received an unconditional offer through ucas 3 days ago but still haven't got an offer letter/congratulations email from man met yet, should I be worried?

No, I think it takes time to come through but as long as it’s updated on ucas it’ll be fine
Original post by Anonymous #3
No, I think it takes time to come through but as long as it’s updated on ucas it’ll be fine

Ah I see. I was getting worried as both Salford and Huddersfield send a congratulations email but Man Met didnt
Reply 13
Original post by Madzz425
Applying for 2024 entry here 👋🏾

Hii, hope you’re well, did you get an interview/ offer?
Reply 14
Original post by eleanorraff99
Hi my name is Eleanor and I’ve accepted an interview for Primary PGCE 3-7 for entry in September 2024. I completed my undergraduate at MMU and graduated in Early Years in 2020 :smile:
I’m feeling super nervous about accommodation at the minute as getting into university owned halls is my only option at moving back to study, but overall very excited and can’t wait to do my interview!

Hi, good luck with everything 😊
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #1

They do tend to let people in below the grade boundaries depending on how full the course is :smile:
Congratulations on getting an offer at the university! As a current student, I am really enjoying my time here - feel free to DM me if you have any questions :smile:

Going into uni, you may be looking for a new mobile network! VOXI is a shout!
VOXI is the mobile network with Unlimited Social Media from just £10/ month - here you can get unlimited flexibility, 5G data and exclusive monthly offers, rewards and prices. (£10 for 30GB!)

As a VOXI campus ambassador, I can help you get the 1st month free and £20 reward in either Paypal, Just Eat or Amazon. Send me a DM to get your exclusive discount code! JOIN HERE!
(edited 1 month ago)
Hello everyone,
I'm reaching out to inquire about your experiences with obtaining the CAS at MMU. I've heard that last year, some students faced significant delays in receiving their CAS, with wait times stretching to 5 to 6 weeks. I'm particularly concerned about the possibility of similar delays occurring again, especially since I anticipate requesting the CAS around mid-July.
Could anyone shed light on whether last year's delays were a one-time occurrence or an ongoing issue? Additionally, if anyone has insights into the reasons behind the delays and whether improvements are expected for the upcoming cycle, I would greatly appreciate your input.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights!
Best regards,
Original post by yahshimi_
Hello everyone,
I'm reaching out to inquire about your experiences with obtaining the CAS at MMU. I've heard that last year, some students faced significant delays in receiving their CAS, with wait times stretching to 5 to 6 weeks. I'm particularly concerned about the possibility of similar delays occurring again, especially since I anticipate requesting the CAS around mid-July.
Could anyone shed light on whether last year's delays were a one-time occurrence or an ongoing issue? Additionally, if anyone has insights into the reasons behind the delays and whether improvements are expected for the upcoming cycle, I would greatly appreciate your input.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights!
Best regards,

I too have heard of the difficulties faced last year. I also applied last year but I could not have gotten CAS as I was missing a document. Nevertheless, I applied early this year and I’ve actually already gotten the link to request CAS from MMU. My advice would be to try and submit all your necessary documents early as waiting too late can result in disappointment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending