The Student Room Group

A and A* students... Share your revision tips

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGameOfScience
i do not think i am smart- does this self fufiling prophecy work? i just lost all motivation..:frown:

:O don't you dare loose motivation!

wow.. was i that bad at motivating :angry:
You are smart. you have to believe in yourself.
That's all i'm saying; don't want you to be less motivated :s-smilie:
Original post by prettyugly
How do you manage to wake up at 5am? Pls share i struggle waking up everydayy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i have my reasons...
My sister :L
Shes like 3 years older than me and she's labelled 'the smart one' because she revised a lot and doesn't wear nice clothes + make up lalala...
& i'm labelled ; 'dumb' just because i wear makeup and abit fashiony ;s
So because i want to rub it in their face.. i am determined to get them A*!!!

+ it becomes a habit.. it's hard at first.. but after a while it's a norm.
+ sleep earlier...
+ an alarm :wink:

( See how i'm using sociological terms in every day life ) :smile:
i do not think i am smart- does this self fufiling prophecy work? i just lost all motivation..:frown:

Self-fulfilling prophey doesn't work for me - rather the opposite. It might not work for you but if someone tells me I'll never get an A in this module or I'll never finish this by today, I do my utmost hardest to prove them wrong. What they say angers me but it works.This way, you kill two things with one stone:
1. You finish your revision and get an A
2. You prove them wrong.
Original post by LadyUchiha
Self-fulfilling prophey doesn't work for me - rather the opposite. It might not work for you but if someone tells me I'll never get an A in this module or I'll never finish this by today, I do my utmost hardest to prove them wrong. What they say angers me but it works.This way, you kill two things with one stone:
2. You prove them wrong.

The most beautiful thing ive ever read. Applies to me exactly :smile:
Original post by Jakebarker1605
The most beautiful thing ive ever read. Applies to me exactly :smile:

:colondollar: Most beautiful compliment I've ever recieved (motivation-wise)
But yeah - It's nice seeing the enemies speechless when you succeed.
Original post by Dinaa
:O don't you dare loose motivation!

wow.. was i that bad at motivating :angry:
You are smart. you have to believe in yourself.
That's all i'm saying; don't want you to be less motivated :s-smilie:

gaahhhhhh:ahhhhh: i am sorry please dont kill me lool i'll try to, its just so hard i have to memorise 32 essays for a subject i now despise:frown: , thanks for the motivation-ish :frown:
gaahhhhhh:ahhhhh: i am sorry please dont kill me lool i'll try to, its just so hard i have to memorise 32 essays for a subject i now despise:frown: , thanks for the motivation-ish :frown:

Hey, I dont know if it will help you at all, but i was starting to dislike chemistry, but then i picked up a tip from here and started to listen to classical music, and it helps an awful lot. Sub-consciously you're soothed and relaxed and you just take the information in. I
t might not work for everyone, but i think its certainly worth a try:smile: A very good one is 'Pachelbel - canon D major'.
Hope you re-ignite the motivation :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
2. You prove them wrong.

thats wicked! you get this drive to prove people wrong! no one says anything like that to me, i was trying to find different ways of thinking especially when doing exam questions and stuff and you know when itachi says every jutsu has a weakness, i kind a tweaked it and said every question has a weakness lol, but it didnt work unfortunately :facepalm:. speaking about naruto, why havent they released a new chapter yet?
thats wicked! you get this drive to prove people wrong! no one says anything like that to me, i was trying to find different ways of thinking especially when doing exam questions and stuff and you know when itachi says every jutsu has a weakness, i kind a tweaked it and said every question has a weakness lol, but it didnt work unfortunately :facepalm:. speaking about naruto, why havent they released a new chapter yet?

One of the ways i did it, was i told everyone i want to study at oxford. Automatically they all turn round and say, theres no way you'll get in there. Thats enough for me to prove them wrong:smile:. Aim high, when people put you down, go and do what they said you couldnt do:smile:
Hey, I dont know if it will help you at all, but i was starting to dislike chemistry, but then i picked up a tip from here and started to listen to classical music, and it helps an awful lot. Sub-consciously you're soothed and relaxed and you just take the information in. I
t might not work for everyone, but i think its certainly worth a try:smile: A very good one is 'Pachebel - canon D major'.
Hope you re-ignite the motivation :smile:

woah really! chem is alright for me aha, thanks for the advice bro, i'll try it out, i have tried to listen to normal music while doing work, which didnt work, but i have never tried classical, i'll try it out, thank you :biggrin:
One of the ways i did it, was i told everyone i want to study at oxford. Automatically they all turn round and say, theres no way you'll get in there. Thats enough for me to prove them wrong:smile:. Aim high, when people put you down, go and do what they said you couldnt do:smile:

:lol: loool thats a great idea actually! but tbh that is impossible for me at this stage lol
woah really! chem is alright for me aha, thanks for the advice bro, i'll try it out, i have tried to listen to normal music while doing work, which didnt work, but i have never tried classical, i'll try it out, thank you :biggrin:

No worries:smile: I tried listening to the radio and normal music, but i found my mind wandering and always trying to sing along to the words, and i just cant seem to concentrate on my work!. Classical music had a whole different apporach as there is no words:smile: Let me know how it is for you!!!:smile:

Ah it becomes a problem when everyone believes you can do it. Maybe just make a deal with your friend and bet on it. lol. I don't know!

Lol! 'Every question has a weakeness'! Lol that's not going to work but that's pretty smart. I used to always say 'I will never give up because failure is not an option. That's my ninja way!' It's not working anymore though.
I'm not up to date with the manga although I already know what happens due to stupid tumblr but do they usually release it every Thursday?
No worries:smile: I tried listening to the radio and normal music, but i found my mind wandering and always trying to sing along to the words, and i just cant seem to concentrate on my work!. Classical music had a whole different apporach as there is no words:smile: Let me know how it is for you!!!:smile:

omg i was the exact same lol!! then i tried dubstep/instrumental and head was throbbing and i lost concentration due to the drop in beats and the bass. i'll defo try it out and let you know! i have like 32 essays to remember so i hope it works! although i am not an auditory learner so erm i am not sure lol
Ah it becomes a problem when everyone believes you can do it. Maybe just make a deal with your friend and bet on it. lol. I don't know!

Lol! 'Every question has a weakeness'! Lol that's not going to work but that's pretty smart. I used to always say 'I will never give up because failure is not an option. That's my ninja way!' It's not working anymore though.
I'm not up to date with the manga although I already know what happens due to stupid tumblr but do they usually release it every Thursday?

i'll try to loool, thanks aha, i wished it worked though, imagine having itchis intelect and mindset, that would be awesome, loooooool naruto's words, as soon as i read that the theme song came in my head from old old episodes when he was little, ohhh, it gets really good!! you defo need to read it, lol you need to avoid tumblr, they usuallly release a chapter from manga every wednesday, and an episode from the videos every thursday.
omg i was the exact same lol!! then i tried dubstep/instrumental and head was throbbing and i lost concentration due to the drop in beats and the bass. i'll defo try it out and let you know! i have like 32 essays to remember so i hope it works! although i am not an auditory learner so erm i am not sure lol

Yes, i tried something a bit modern, like martin garrix, calvin harris and even mrtin garrix but the intensity of the rhythm was just too much!! Cheers! hope it helps!
i'll try to loool, thanks aha, i wished it worked though, imagine having itchis intelect and mindset, that would be awesome, loooooool naruto's words, as soon as i read that the theme song came in my head from old old episodes when he was little, ohhh, it gets really good!! you defo need to read it, lol you need to avoid tumblr, they usuallly release a chapter from manga every wednesday, and an episode from the videos every thursday.

Itachi is one of the smartest and stongest ninjas out there. I miss the old Naruto - the foolish one. It's a lot more serious now but still one of the best animes out there. I love the theme tune they put when Orochimaru appears. I could listening to the openings all day.
I agree, Tumlr spoils everything - especially things you didn't want to know.
Pssssst! - Tip

don't listen to music with lyrics.

New scientific theory- E.g; when i was on holiday like two years the song on the radio was always - Jennifer lopez- On the floor. Now if i hear that song; i remember everything from the holiday.. Serious. You might have experienced this.
So if Classical reminds you of History .. listen to classical while revising with no lyrics...
Apparently stats show; that when you listen to the classical alone.. you'll remember all you revision.

Hope it helped.. ; i haven't tried it but it is scientific theory.

Damn 32 essays for which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa
Well i have my reasons...
My sister :L
Shes like 3 years older than me and she's labelled 'the smart one' because she revised a lot and doesn't wear nice clothes + make up lalala...
& i'm labelled ; 'dumb' just because i wear makeup and abit fashiony ;s
So because i want to rub it in their face.. i am determined to get them A*!!!

+ it becomes a habit.. it's hard at first.. but after a while it's a norm.
+ sleep earlier...
+ an alarm :wink:

( See how i'm using sociological terms in every day life ) :smile:

Ahhh, you've got something to motivate you then!!! And yeah i guess it's just routine that you have to get used to. What subjects do you do btw? And You sound like you'll do well good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending