The Student Room Group

GCSE Spanish Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the GCSE Spanish Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications and Advance Information:

AQA Spec

Edexcel Spec

WJEC Spec

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Hi, I'm Aleeza and I do AQA Spanish (higher). I do well in the writing and speaking but I can't stand listenings, I find it quite overwhelming and I even vocabulary I know well I find that I can't understand it during listenings (including tenses)!!!! I don't do badly in them, I just find a lot of room for improvement. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for improving in listening??
Hi, I'm Hannah and I do CIE Spanish (Higher). I'm generally doing okay in Spanish but I panic under exam stress and am reeeeaaaaally scared for mocks in January. I like to use senecalearning and languagenut for help :smile:
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
Hi, I'm Hannah and I do CIE Spanish (Higher). I'm generally doing okay in Spanish but I panic under exam stress and am reeeeaaaaally scared for mocks in January. I like to use senecalearning and languagenut for help :smile:

Have you tried Quizlet/anki. I'd really recommend it for any vocab learning!!!
hii
Hello everyone!

How is your revision going? Has anyone come across any useful resources or helpful tips?

GCSE Spanish Study Group

Hey guys, I have a Spanish speaking mock coming up (I do edexcel)
Anyone have any tips for how/what to revise? Would be much appreciated :smile:
i found this cool website called memrise its really good and easy to use i also recommend listening to some spanish music every day
Original post by Teamaleeza
Hi, I'm Aleeza and I do AQA Spanish (higher). I do well in the writing and speaking but I can't stand listenings, I find it quite overwhelming and I even vocabulary I know well I find that I can't understand it during listenings (including tenses)!!!! I don't do badly in them, I just find a lot of room for improvement. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for improving in listening??

Honestly listening to like podcasts and just things around that really do help. Also if you just do listening practices but make it slower then faster until you feel confident it really helps. I'm not sure ifd this would help you but it has helped me :smile:
I find the viva grammar and translation workbook really helpful for tenses (which I get really confused with) but that's more for writing I think, and also there's a podcast called Coffee Break Spanish which I sometimes listen to which is also quite helpful for listenings. Also if you practice speakings with your friends then maybe try to translate what they're saying as they reply? Other than that, probably just past papers. If you find something that works, I really need to improve my listenings too so please share!

Reply 11

Something that could help that isn't active revision is doing things like listening to music sung in Spanish and when it comes to vocabulary that you don't know you can look it up? Another similar thing would be to watch an interview in Spanish and do the same thing. Really it is just vocabulary though, so using Quizlet or Memrise can really help there. If listening is your worry then setting the app to ask you to translate the word would help. Memrise also has a feature that lets you hear the pronunciation of the word, which I think really helps with listenings.
Reply 12
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share a link to my complex phrases quizlet that I use for GCSE Spanish. It has some complex phrases and other phrases I just like to throw in. I hope it helps and good look in the exams!
https://quizlet.com/gb/760275767/spanish-writing-phrases-flash-cards/?funnelUUID=7cb07fd3-8684-4372-be17-de31340fbbc5
Original post by chrryblsm
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share a link to my complex phrases quizlet that I use for GCSE Spanish. It has some complex phrases and other phrases I just like to throw in. I hope it helps and good look in the exams!
https://quizlet.com/gb/760275767/spanish-writing-phrases-flash-cards/?funnelUUID=7cb07fd3-8684-4372-be17-de31340fbbc5

This looks useful, thank you so much for sharing!
Reply 14
this saved my life <3 ily
Original post by chrryblsm
Hi everyone,
Reply 15
Original post by arysn
this saved my life <3 ily

I’m glad! well done x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending