The Student Room Group

GCSE studdying

What are some really good tips for studdying GCSE?
Original post by Dib Dab09

Hi there! My best tips are to break up each subject into really small chunks and do short bursts of revision of these small sections. Flash cards are really helpful! You and your friends can help test each other with them during your breaks. Also having little post-it notes around your room and random places in the house with quotes, equations etc can be very helpful as you’re regularly seeing the information without having to sit down and concentrate on intense revision. Hope any of this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Rose Warburton
Hi there! My best tips are to break up each subject into really small chunks and do short bursts of revision of these small sections. Flash cards are really helpful! You and your friends can help test each other with them during your breaks. Also having little post-it notes around your room and random places in the house with quotes, equations etc can be very helpful as you’re regularly seeing the information without having to sit down and concentrate on intense revision. Hope any of this helps!

Thank you.
Original post by Dib Dab09

Hi @Dib Dab09 ,

Here are some of my favourite studying tips:

Take regular breaks - I know you probably have quite a few subjects and not that much time so I would recommend studying using the pomodoro technique that allows you to have some breaks. You also want to make sure you take some longer breaks like having some days/weekends off so you do not become burnt out.

Focus on what you do not know - It is easy to just keep studying and repeating the stuff

Make some quiz questions/kahoots or any other materials to help you study. Creating resources helps you learn and you can share these with friends which brings me to my last point...

Create a study group - you can either split your topics amongst each other and teach them to each other or make quizzes on topics for each other. This makes the workload for yourself a bit more manageable but also fun!

I hope this helps and good luck!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest