The Student Room Group

TSR Anti - Racism Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
January Victim
yup :smile:

Nice! :biggrin: Good to see another fellow nigerian around!

Anything new people...i don't want this board to die...
Reply 3981
Can I join?
Im from Palestine, dont need to say more, can i join? i get racist looks and things like that, now days Muslim AAAAAAAND Palestinian...isnt easy
also how would you EXACTLY define racism ?
Reply 3984
I would say that racism is anything that makes a person feel victimised by the colour of their skin or their country of origin. Of course this causes a problem if u are overtly sensitive as not all negative attitudes towards u are becasue of racism.

I found the below dictionary def on http://www.answers.com/topic/racism

rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm)
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
racist rac'ist adj. & n.

Well Yasser looks like we have gotta wait a bit longer to become members eh?
you're members,they just have to add you to the group to make it official. :smile:
Welcome! :smile: You can both be member but I've not received an application in Socs from either of you. Just click Socs in the top menu and select this soc. and you'll get the logo and schtuff. :biggrin:

(1 member left :frown: we're back to a round 100!)
What?!?!? Who betrayed us and left this amazing society????? :biggrin:
Oooh look you guys we're on page 200!

:party:
Reply 3989
There's a kind of hush, all over the world tonight ...

It's a massive upswell of silence about the crimes being commited which are inherrently racist and are categorically evil in the manner in which they are going on. It is not a matter of a group of people, it is a matter of a particular government's policy. It is despicable and intolerable. It is anathema to all who are aware and awake to human suffering. It is happening in the land known now as Gaza. It is happening also in the land known today as Israel. It is happening in the land known as the West Bank. Also it's happening in East Jerusalem.

It is high time it stopped. Wars have been fought to prevent lesser evils from reccurring. Time for this to cease also.

Salam. Salaam. Shalom. Peace. Pax. etc..
I'm sorry Lilac Glitter I didn't see you'd applied until today; welcome! :smile:

Geddi: well said.
Reply 3991
why, thank you hugatree, kind of you to say so.

big question is, what will we all do about it?

speaking out is good. then again - talk is cheap shouting is free and actions speak far louder than words...

there is a motion in UK parliament to issue some kind of sanctions on Israel (effectively lifting EU preference for trade with Israel) as a means of pressuring the Israeli govt into behaving far better towards the people within the occupied lands.

For anyone in UK, email your MP now via the constituencylocata.gov.uk web site and show support. Outside the UK, get the m otion started within your own country.

This is about 40 years or more overdue. Let's get it right this time.

Blessings all.
Yes, because a Palestinian state would have no racist laws. Like all the other Arab countrie, which don't treat non-Muslims as second class citizens. And of course, sexism is ok as long as racism isn't. And when Shias and Sunnis blow the crap out of each other, well that's due to legitimate political action. And the millions of Jews kicked out of Arab countries were not picked on because of their race at all, because no Muslim would mss the oppurtunity to prove themself any better than their enemies, right? Do you see a recurring theme here? how about ethnic- based slavery in predominantly Muslim African countries decades and centuries after slavery was abolished in the West? Still nothing? Hypocrites make me sick.
Good god I haven't been here in 6 days. :>.<:

New member Lindsayy, welcome! :smile:
Reply 3994
Well well well... someone actually replies with sarcasm. Hah, and I thought this was gonna be an intelligent, intelectual site?

Two points here cheesebob: firstly, I find it ironic that Israel acts all racist and yet judaism is a religion not a race. If it were a race then how do you account for so much diverstity of race within those who consider themselves to be jews? Mind fair boggles over this one.

Secondly, the weather is certainly fine over Angola right now. Oh! Irrelevant to this particular topic? Hmmm... A tad off the point? Yes! So is the reply you gave. What has 10,000 years of slavery to do with 20th/21st Century Palestinian occupation by Israel in breach of international law? Nothing!
What has sexual discrimination to do with the illegal security fence? Nothing!
What has treating arab boys of 16 as adult criminals and jewish boys of 16 as juvenile prisoners to do with anything but what it is? Racism!

If you don't wanna talk about Israel's crimes, fair enough. No good changing the subject though.

Blessings. Salaam. Shalom.
I'm not happy with the definition of race so the case of anti-semitism does not phase me more than 'anti-black' or anything else. In all cases what is usually classed as racism is the subordination, persecution and overall prejudice against a group of people united in some key way and is as such unjustifiable. As you well know, the Arab world embodifies that degree of prejudice and culture of persecution moer than perhaps anywhere else in modern history, and that it why your attitude is hypocritical. If you want you can go on calling a fence that has saved the lives of innocent Israelis and therefore innocent and guilty Palestinians due to a lessening in revenge excurtions into the territories as 'racist', but the millions of non-Muslims living under Muslim law have a much better idea of racism than you ever will, sitting in your protected little Wiltshire nest being brainwashed by the collective anti-Israel contingent into blowing up small issues and ignoring the big ones.

Salami lick'him.
57 Islamic states show explicit racism in deeming the lives of fellow Muslims not worth fighting for - because they are black Africans. This goes against the prophet's teachings so is a political rather than ideological issue. Makes it relevant here, right? Where is the uproar?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article1528008.ece
'Coloured' and 'Black'.

I thought that 'Coloured' was unPC but I was recently told you're 'supposed' to say 'Coloured' in certain situations & 'Black' in others, can anyone clarify this for me?!
New member Lindsayy, welcome!

Oh & hello! :biggrin:
Alsooo, today at school I overheard, "I'm not racist, it's just that I don't like having them in our country", it made me SO angry that I have to vent it on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending