The Student Room Group

TSR Anti - Racism Society

Scroll to see replies

Well yes, we are human as opposed to 'sub-human' as I saw us being called earlier. :rolleyes:

I assure you that it wasn't meant to.
jusfarhan
If someone disapproved of my existence, i'd do the same. :smile:
Don't assume that....they didn't say it. Goodwill and all. :smile:
The girl is not a lot of people's type but that's not because she isn't white - the whole pictures thing is irrelevant. However:
Aristogeiton
I guess non-whites just don't want to be my friends.
Not if they know what you're like.
hugatree
However:
Not if they know what you're like.

Obviously if they don't like what I'm like then they shouldn't be my friend - I'm not going to change for them, didn't your parents teach you anything? :rolleyes:
Aristogeiton
Obviously if they don't like what I'm like then they shouldn't be my friend - I'm not going to change for them, didn't your parents teach you anything? :rolleyes:

Well duh. :rolleyes: But you'd have to get to know eachother and you're already friends at that point. You don't talk about racism right away now do you.

And no, tbh, they didn't teach me lots of moral values. :redface: Only subconsciously.
I think the boots are a giveaway. Plus, it's common knowledge in my school that I support the BNP.

Usually it's them that are shouting abuse at me- why should I want to be friends with them? Not to mention t'other way round!

...but obviously, I'm the racist one :rolleyes:
Aristogeiton
I think the boots are a giveaway. Plus, it's common knowledge in my school that I support the BNP.

Usually it's them that are shouting abuse at me- why should I want to be friends with them? Not to mention t'other way round!

Do some people in your school like you? :confused: If you let it show that much...
Sure they do :biggrin:

It's pretty bad when you have to ask people how may friends they have - surely that doesn't matter?
Aristogeiton

Yes, unless these guys have a problem with ALL white people...
can i join please xxx
xXLil'-AnGelXx
can i join please xxx

Join in the discussion. :biggrin: Or rather, start one, 'cos this BNP stuff is getting boring.
Reply 591
hugatree
Join in the discussion. :biggrin: Or rather, start one, 'cos this BNP stuff is getting boring.
:ditto:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
So... racism eh...

Bad init...
Aristogeiton
I think the boots are a giveaway.

You don't half go on about these boots.
Reply 595
Aristogeiton

Maybe it's because you obviously are? :rolleyes:

--------------

Aristogeiton

As for your signature kiddo, you really have no idea what the platform of the BNP party is.

There is such a thing as stormfront; try that forum. It might be to your liking.
thebucketwoman
So... racism eh...

Bad init...
:smile:

Right, come on then boys and girls, lets have a friendly exchange about one area of the racism debate.

"Racism" is pretty well universal and eternal--I believe it's inherent in our natures to form ingroups we like and outgroups we don't, and because of the nature of human societies these groups are usually based on ancestry (race) and culture, including religion (ethnicity)--so we need to make permanent and costly efforts to manage inter-group relations in multi-racial/ethnic states.

My question is how far the community, in our brave new world usually the state, should regulate expression in order to 'keep the peace'?
ArthurOliver
:smile:

Right, come on then boys and girls, lets have a friendly exchange about one area of the racism debate.

"Racism" is pretty well universal and eternal--I believe it's inherent in our natures to form ingroups we like and outgroups we don't, and because of the nature of human societies these groups are usually based on ancestry (race) and culture, including religion (ethnicity)--so we need to make permanent and costly efforts to manage inter-group relations in multi-racial/ethnic states.

My question is how far the community, in our brave new world usually the state, should regulate expression in order to 'keep the peace'?

I don't understand the question..? :redface:
I think that if a person is inciting hatred, either by physical or verbal abuse, in such a way that the person being attacked feels scared and threatened, then they should be severely punished.

What justification or motivation do these racist thugs have anyway? Most just inherit their views from "responsible" adults.
Oh, and if u didn't inherit your views, what do you have against people of a different race anyway? It's just so stupid!
hugatree
I don't understand the question..? :redface:
At bottom, I'm wondering who/what you would ban or make illegal.

Would you ban the BNP say? Or Vlaams Belang?

Academics who call for the extermination of the White race?

Criticism by Whites and Asians of Black crime rates?

What about neo-nazis who push holocaust denial/apologia?

Where should we draw the line on free expression - if we do draw a line - so as to prevent inter-group relations from becoming more fractious?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending