The Student Room Group

TSR Anti - Racism Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Refused
That is quite an exageration since expirements (done in France a couples of years ago) showed CV with typical french were responded to 8 times more than those with Arabic names.

Sorry, I was talking about institutional racism (against non-whites) in the UK; not elsewhere.

I think you are wrong, there isn't more anti-white racism than others.

While it is hard to determine which racial group is 'more racist', there are certainly more racially-aggravated attacks against whites recorded in the UK than racial attacks against non-whites.

To steal a post from somebody on another forum:

280,000 race crimes in 1999

Estimates from the British Crime Survey (2000) indicate that the number of incidents, which were considered by the victim to be racially motivated, fell from 382,000 in 1995 to 280,000 in 1999 (down 27%).

98,000 of them against non-whites

The British Crime Survey (2000) found that the number of racially motivated incidents committed against ethnic minorities fell from 143,000 in 1995 to 98,000 in 1999 (down 32%).

280,000 Racial crimes.

White population is 91%;
Ethnic minority population is 9%.

98,000 or 35% of crimes committed against ethnic minorities;
182,000 or 65% of crime committed against Whites.

9% of the population are causing 65% of racial crimes which is 7.222 times more than what they should be.

91% of the population are causing 35% of racial crimes which is 0.384 times what they should be.

Conclusive evidence, no?
Refused
If we're talking about institutional racism then there's only one race who tops the list and that's the white race.
I think we need to be very careful about ever saying "there's only one race who..(...)--and it's them", and in this case I think you're just plain wrong Refused.

If we look around the world at the way majorities treat minorities in public policies--it's actually the Western, White countries who alone recognise the difficulties minorities have from prejudice and therefore enact anti-racism legislation and protection which is actually more than hot-air and PR, and affirmative action policies which deliberately penalise the majority. Likewise major historical shifts like the end of Slavery and the unique willingness to voluntarily accept mass immigration of peoples of other races and cultures and try to make them welcome and change the sense of national identity to accomodate new peoples. None of this happens anywhere in Africa or Asia.

In Africa and Asia the positive discrimination is to protect the majorities! When a minority group becomes succesful, like the Chinese and Indians usually do, they are hobbled by limits on political representation, have their businesses seized and nationalised or are forced to leave the country in which they had settled. This pattern repeats again and again across Asia and East Africa.

In contrast, the Chinese and Indians in White majority countries, even though they quickly become more successful academically and economically than Whites, enjoy protected victim status and in many majority White countries there are a variety of schemes which advance their group interests at the expense of Whites--for universities and government contracts and employment for example.

In today's nations, the goodwill and tolerance which White majorities show to non-White minorities is unique. Any reasonable empirical test will confirm that--religious tolerance, preparedness to accept mass-immigration, interracial crime levels, inclusive political rhetoric, positive discrimination policies, level and efficacy of anti-racism legislation, public dialogue on race issues...pick your own.

That doesn't mean we should be complacent about the prejudice and discrimination which still occurs--but we should be careful not to keep bashing Whites, as a group, unfairly, when relatively speaking their societies are doing pretty well.
Reply 782
I'm not bashing anyone. The only institutional racism towards white, that i can think of is Mugabe's regime. There arn't that many compare to those against non-white. We can just look at the segregation in the US in the 50s/60s and the apartheid in South Africa from the 40s up the 90s.

I was suggested maybe that is the reason why people have a hard time recognising anti-white racism. It's important to look at why people think like this or you'll never combat it.
Atomik
It's a pity that her not being racist towards black people because of the incidents had to come into it. I mean, this sort of thing wouldn't have been said if BrownEyedGirl was Asian and was complaining about white racists.

Of course it would.
When someone get's that kind of abuse and can rise above it, it makes them a better person.

--------------

shylock30012001
and they'll live with the guilt for the rest of their lives.

And they've probably been shunned by their families.
If that was me my parent's would kill me!
Yes, that's what stops me from commiting crimes, fear.
Reply 784
ArthurOliver
She should have run them over! [well maybe not, but...]

I sort of think it's maybe our job to convince ourselves beforehand that if we are victim or witness to any kind of bullying or violence--including racist--that we will always stand up for what is right, maybe intevene, maybe call the police, maybe ask others to witness or help--but do something.

Like our heroic leader Dimexi on the train! :wink:

It might be frightening initially, but I think it would transform society if everybody confronted behavior that offended our accepted rules of right and wrong.
I just saw that :redface:..hehe
Reply 785
***List Updated(ish).. Please say if your name is not on it yet!...
Reply 786
what do you guys think of "the millitant black guy" in balls of steel? Is he making fun of societies attitude to racism? or just making fun of the un pc things?
Is it an attempt to mock racists Commander? More interesting (saddening) is how his victims are unwilling/unable to tell him to shut-up and even sometimes express sympathy for his viewpoint.

Refused you've got no idea...go check out affirmative action policy around the world, find out about political treatment of overseas Chinese across south east asia, Indians in Fiji or East Africa, employment practices toward non-Arabs--usually Pak/Bangis or Filipinos in Arab states, political and media/pop culture rhetoric toward different races in different cultures and countries around the world. Todays Europe and euro-descended countries are better by any measure. If you want to go back in time -- every race had empires, slaves, slaughtered other peoples and behaved abominably to the other, but more important is where we still fail today--including when Whites fail.

Ayaan -- afraid! I'd have thought it impossible! :eek:
Refused
I'm sorry about what happened to you, it must've been terrible. Did you try to do anything about it? i mean 5 years is quite a long time to tolerate such abuse.
not much i could to be honest, i tried once and they threatened to have me put down as racist or sumin. i just kept my head done and done my work lol, kept me in the top class's mind
im pretty good now, my back still plays up but it'l heal :biggrin:
more than i can say for some poeple who had it worse, stays with them for years :frown:
you can add me if you want :smile:
Reply 790
Brown Eyed Girl
you can add me if you want :smile:
o I thought I did:redface:..I have now xx
hey dimexi anything new?
Reply 792
shylock30012001
hey dimexi anything new?
no nothing really.. I watched Thiery Henry on Micheal parkinsons programme tonight andthey were speaking about racism... quite interesting actually; Thierry was talking about some of his experiences of racism in football!! he had alot to say :frown: he even said sometimes when he goes to play, kids jeer at him and thier parents encourage it :frown: very sad really :frown:...

Apart from that, I got my Jiu Jitsu yellow belt!!! yay!
Reply 793
I was watching that too, was quite shocked when Parky actually repeated what the Spanish coach said about Henry. How he can still be coach of the national team even though he was caught on camera is a mystery.

You can understand when there's racist chants (even it's not right) in Eastern European football matches because they're less developed and advanced. They've probably never seen a black person in their life but countries like Italy and Spain have no excuses.
Reply 794
Refused
I was watching that too, was quite shocked when Parky actually repeated what the Spanish coach said about Henry. How he can still be coach of the national team even though he was caught on camera is a mystery.

You can understand when there's racist chants (even it's not right) in Eastern European football matches because they're less developed and advanced. They've probably never seen a black person in their life but countries like Italy and Spain have no excuses.
I guess he had to repeat the statement so everyone knows what they are on about...
I agree with you about the Italy and Spain thing; People SHOULD really be beyond that level now but unfortunately they aren't
ArthurOliver
Ayaan -- afraid! I'd have thought it impossible! :eek:

Clearly you've not met my mum.
i think they're engraved with this mentality as they grow as kids that they're better than other races especially since they've got muslims (can't remember if it's Turks now) but anyway they treat them like they're second class citizens and shouldn;t be in their country and i guess since the immigrants are dark coloured,they associate the same mentality with anyone who's not like them or who's dark skinned.i was surprised when the spanish in my school were being racist to me and my mates,they were the reason i went to the school in the first place.but the italians i've met were nice and really were interested in us being black and stuff.but then some of them thought we were prostitutes and all,but then i guess coz they assume anyone who's not italian and happens to be family has come to their country for prostitution,which is sad
hehe thankyou :smile:
hmmm im sorry for my sparadic posting on weekends but its rare i get hold of a pc! which is quite irratating cause it means i can only get to read a skin of most post, drive me litteraly skitzoid.
some one said that its good i'm not racist back... tbh i don't think many people whoa re racist come from that i think its either run down thru a family and social attitudes in circles(i don'e a bit of it in psychology) or in the case of what i had some people just want an excuse to be violent, and cause i was a white girl and i come from a pretty middle class (upper ish... even tho im totaly not that now!!!!) back ground from a small town in south wales were alot of the people their even now are just white its very easy to call me racist and use it as an excuse to attack me.
i didn't get it worse as i said 4 guys attack my friend who can't defend her self shes like a 5 foot tiny little thing and they thru her down and stamped on her head and kicked her till she passed out... urgh... i had 6 people grab me before i flew at them (i have a temper when i see my friends being hurt i snap out of it and go slighty...loopy lmao!) cause they new either if i did damage it would be interpreted as a racist attack or if i failed to do damage i'd be right were she was and im not the healthiest person in the world...

right now i've rmbled.. i do it alot forgive me! lols' i just like thinking that one day these people will try and do it again, and insted of the victim/survivor of it being blamed.. they will be blamed... ya never know... one day people may grow up for a change :smile:
You know its funny... 2 years ago i couldn't even talk about it :smile:...
sorry hear about u n ur mate and stuff,and good for u that you can talk about it now.it means you're far better than those ********s and that you're a mature person! yay for u lol anyways hopefully they'll grow up and change,but sometimes it's not always like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending