The Student Room Group

TSR Anti - Racism Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
tan in a bottle is what i need.... then i rist going orange.
have you noticed there is a new race of people? orange people! too much fake tan (no offense)
lol so agree.try not to put too much on or miss any obvious places and you'll be fine but no...they always overdo it!so sad tut tut
xemilyx
tan in a bottle is what i need.... then i rist going orange.
have you noticed there is a new race of people? orange people! too much fake tan (no offense)

:biggrin:

Never tested it. :wink: I don't mind being extremely pale.
pale looks ill :frown:
shylock30012001
pale looks ill :frown:

Oh not really. Not in western (read: cold and wet) Europe anyway.
lol true i guess hehe but not too pale yeh? :P:
Reply 1186
sorry i was doing h/w
it's k nite all
Reply 1188
night xx
Reply 1189
I'm joining this society folks; it's the only logical thing to do! :smile:
Good for you! :wink: Welcome welcome!
looking above^^^^^^^

I think if there was a contest for the "most friendly society" we would win! :smile:

Which, I guess, is appropriate given our remit. ("remit" might be a new word for hugatree? she's awfully clever and multilingual though, so maybe not...! :wink: *jealous*)
cosmik_debris
A mongrel, neither/nor, unclassified.
That hit a little close to him. You see, I am the son of an arab and a white public school girl.

Seeing as we dont think of humans as having different breeds in the same way that we think of dogs having breeds, that comment was at best a dire lack of understanding of the english language, at worst a blatently racist offensive comment.

It is impossible to have no race. Especially seeing as we have that beautiful category, 'mixed race'.

Unclassified I am forced to agree with you on, for pragmatic reasons. When denoting my ethnicity on a form, I am always forced to tick "other - please state".

You have 24 hours to explain your first two farts or you will be neg repped. :smile:
Phonicsdude
That hit a little close to him. You see, I am the son of an arab and a white public school girl.

Seeing as we dont think of humans as having different breeds in the same way that we think of dogs having breeds, that comment was at best a dire lack of understanding of the english language, at worst a blatently racist offensive comment.

It is impossible to have no race. Especially seeing as we have that beautiful category, 'mixed race'.

Unclassified I am forced to agree with you on, for pragmatic reasons. When denoting my ethnicity on a form, I am always forced to tick "other - please state".

You have 24 hours to explain your first two farts or you will be neg repped. :smile:

Nothing racist about it, and if the truth offends you that that's your choice, isn't it.

Mongrel \Mon"grel\, a.
1. (Zool.) Not of a pure breed.
[1913 Webster]

2. Of mixed kinds; as, mongrel language.
[1913 Webster]

And now, lets look at the definition of race:

1. The descendants of a common ancestor; a family, tribe,
people, or nation, believed or presumed to belong to the
same stock; a lineage; a breed.

Henceforth, somebody of that 'beautiful category, Mixed Race' is a mongrel; they are not of one pure breed nor the other, but a mix of uncertainty: they are neither/nor. Quite simple really, isn't it. :smile:
Is this 1913 Webster a dictionary published in 1913?
It might as well be.

Lets look at the benchmark for the English language. TheOxford English dictionary (specifically, I have in front of me the "New Shorter English Dictionary" which is in two volumes and each volume is difficult to pick up).

Aforementioned authoratitive dictionary
1)a) A dog whose sire and dam are of different breeds, Chiefly & now only, a dog of no definable breed resulting from various crossings.
b) As a term of abuse: a contemptible person, a cur.
2) A person of mixed descent; a person whose parents are of different nationalities or (formerly) differing social status. derog.

Either you used the word as a term of abuse towards me and others like me which has no relation to race (so was offensive spam/trolling), or you were being derogatory towards me because my parents are of different nationalities (and as it happens) classes. If it was the former, then ***** you. If it was the latter then you didnt answer the question as well as being derogatory.

So on both accounts you didn't anwer the question and you were offensive.

Im not going to report the post cos Im not a lame ass wuss. But if you dont accept that your use of the word 'mongrel' was misplaced then I shall take great pleasure in neg repping you.
ArthurOliver
looking above^^^^^^^

I think if there was a contest for the "most friendly society" we would win! :smile:

Which, I guess, is appropriate given our remit. ("remit" might be a new word for hugatree? she's awfully clever and multilingual though, so maybe not...! :wink: *jealous*)

:redface: *looks it up*

Only multilingual is true, but thanks. :redface:
hey
hughughugatreehughughughugatreetreehugatree :smile:
shylock30012001
hey
:: waves at::
Ayaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :frown: Where are you? *sobs*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending