The Student Room Group

TSR Anti - Racism Society

Scroll to see replies

dimexi
I might be wrong.. dunno.. but I guess it is part of the nervous system isn't it? ...like the lungs are part of the respiratory system...
Yes most likely. :wink:
getting off track children :p:

you can perform a brain transplant...(now i'm not sure) grr...it's not different,nothing is. :biggrin: bye bye now :smile: my head hurts
Shylock
getting off track children :p:

you can perform a brain transplant...(now i'm not sure) grr...it's not different,nothing is. :biggrin: bye bye now :smile: my head hurts
Meep, those two things in one post = scary! :p:

:hugs:
Reply 1783
no, you guys misunderstand me.

Dimex: I wasn't saying different races have more or less inferior brains. But was saying that "racists" say that the different races do, but not me, obviously. Which is how that linked in with...er...whoever it was who said about underdeveloped brains.

hugatree
I was gonna say you're right, but if you think about it, the brain might actually look a little different... I'm not a neurologist (duh), but if facial shapes and height and skin colour and hair etc. differ, then why not the brain?

It doesn't have to be LESS developed, just in a different way. :smile: Different ways of thinking... Might explain the cultural differences.

Actually I think brains are ever so slightly different, which explains why different races will react differently to situations. And why we are actually different.

I don't mean that the brains are more or less developed but that they're structured slightly differently.

hugatree
Not sure what a tory is but I think it's conservative and I take it you're not so yay. :biggrin:

Not a chance in hell.

I doubt it's an informed 'yay' from you though. :rolleyes:

hugatree
LOVED that video in your sig btw. :wink: Silly Americans... (Not that I could name more than 10 states in America. :p: )

:rofl: EUROPE! AFRICA! EUROPE!
dimexi
I am going to disagree with you on that one. Fair enough that each race has different facial features and everything but I believe these differences are too minute to affect something as complex as the brain...Summing up my arguement; I do agree that we all have different facial features; but not enough to affect the general brain size/weight/development between races; That's more to do with nutrition and surroundings..
It's very controversial. The average weight/size of the brain is shown again and again to be different between the races, even accounting for nutrition and other environmental factors. Whether brain size affects intelligence is controversial too. Everything about intelligence and race and politics is controversial!

None of it would be controversial if we had an entirely powerful totalitarianist hold on these issues, so I guess we should be grateful--as long as there is some controversy we have some measure of freedom.

I'd hope we can support science and truth alongside our personal politics -incliding anti-racist politics- on all issues. I see no need for clash.
A brain transplant is not possible!

Don't scare me like that.

Truth is a relative thing AO, and not really anything to do with science, we look for facts. If you want the truth, try philosophy!

(severly misquoting from Raiders of the Lost Arc- I know, I know)
Hehe, S, the truth is, a brain transplant is possible. We haven't got there yet but I believe we will. I don't really want us to get there however...
Not possible currently, then...

I thought I may have missed out on some breakthrough, and I actually read the newspaper this weekend.

'Course, all I actually learned was what the term rent-boy means, and what's coming on on the TV I don't own, but I read it.
Stikatoo
Actually I think brains are ever so slightly different, which explains why different races will react differently to situations. And why we are actually different.

I don't mean that the brains are more or less developed but that they're structured slightly differently.
I think you're right. :smile: That's basically what I said in what you quoted me.

Stikatoo
I doubt it's an informed 'yay' from you though. :rolleyes:
Meh, I'm just uninformed 'cos I'm not British. :p: And don't care much for politics, but I probably shouldn't say that in here 'cos politics and racism have things in common.
Reply 1789
Scheherazade
Not possible currently, then...

I thought I may have missed out on some breakthrough, and I actually read the newspaper this weekend.

'Course, all I actually learned was what the term rent-boy means, and what's coming on on the TV I don't own, but I read it.
:toofunny:... I would post a picture but I'm at work :redface:

--------------

ArthurOliver
It's very controversial. The average weight/size of the brain is shown again and again to be different between the races, even accounting for nutrition and other environmental factors. Whether brain size affects intelligence is controversial too. Everything about intelligence and race and politics is controversial!

None of it would be controversial if we had an entirely powerful totalitarianist hold on these issues, so I guess we should be grateful--as long as there is some controversy we have some measure of freedom.

I'd hope we can support science and truth alongside our personal politics -incliding anti-racist politics- on all issues. I see no need for clash.
Surely, these differences in weight and size have to be minute... I'm also quite sure that average brain weight and size actually varies more within each race; I mean I think it generally depends on the shape and size of the cranium :confused:...

Yep - I agree; everything about race, politics, religion.... in fact the whole world is controversial lol
Reply 1790
Hey guys :smile: Hope Exams are going well :smile:...

Just a quick note to say that we might be getting our society approval + Logo soon :smile: but nothing is set in concrete yet but it all looks certain :smile:...

I remember someone posting logos for us; I think It was shylock (forgive me If I am wrong).. I was wondering if it was possible to make one of them 50 x 50 pixels in size because that is the requirement for the logo picture...

I will give rep to anyone who resizes the pictures to suit this need :smile:... Thanks :smile:
Reply 1791
Managed to dig out the logos :smile: yeah I was right, 'twas shylock :smile:...
get resizing people... pretty please :smile:
i'm trying to resize Ade,but it's not looking good at all...it goes all blurred and you can't really see the words.
Reply 1793
im against racism.. can i join? :wink:
i found another one,small like you asked.
Reply 1795
Shylock
i found another one,small like you asked.
Aye; I like it shylock :smile:.. what do the words on it say? I can't see it :frown:... but it definately looks good and I think it suits the purpose.. we will see what the others think about the substitute :smile: Well done :smile:

--------------

lp999
im against racism.. can i join? :wink:
You are welcome here :smile:... Please read the first post in the thread and visit regularly :smile:.. you are welcome to start discussions as well :smile:...

I will update the members list very soon..
thanks...i can't see the words either but it's along the lines of anti-racism.
Reply 1797
Shylock
thanks...i can't see the words either but it's along the lines of anti-racism.
Hmmm. fair enough :smile:... Will rep you tomorrow :ninja:
aww thanks :smile: :hugs:
Hi Ade :smile: When things are up and running, I'd like to join this society, if that's okay. And following Shylock's immaculate footsteps, I'd also like to contribute a few logos. Feel free to do whatever you want with them:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending