The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Official Aston Applicants' Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alissa
Hi,there! :smile: Has anyone got an offer of Msc Business & Management?

hi !!
I have an offer from aston, cass and imperial for msc business and management...but, confused about which one to pick...any help is appreciated...aston supporters plz give some solid reasons to outwiegh the other uni. plz help
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by shar_lavanya
hi !!
I have an offer from aston, cass and imperial for msc business and management...but, confused about which one to pick...any help is appreciated...aston supporters plz give some solid reasons to outwiegh the other uni. plz help

Imperial definitely, far better reputation than your other choices.
Reply 182
hi !!

Although I want you 2 choose Aston, I have to admit that Imperial is way better than the other two...:colondollar:
Reply 183
Original post by Alissa
Hi,there! :smile: Has anyone got an offer of Msc Business & Management?

Yes, I have.
Reply 184
Original post by Amd
Yes, I have.

Firmed or not...?
:smile:
thank you for the unbiased response..it did help to clear out lotsa things...btw as per the new Visa rules by UKBA..are the international students allowed to work in the UK after their studies are complete? can they look for jobs after completing studies, and if able to secure one, will they be allowed to work?
i have had mixed responses about this, hence wished to get it cleared by someone who can speak their mind and help me in the process...

many thanks
:smile:
thank you for the unbiased response..it did help to clear out lotsa things...btw as per the new Visa rules by UKBA..are the international students allowed to work in the UK after their studies are complete? can they look for jobs after completing studies, and if able to secure one, will they be allowed to work?
i have had mixed responses about this, hence wished to get it cleared by someone who can speak their mind and help me in the process...

many thanks

Its probably not the best place to ask on this particular thread. Try the international students section they will probably be able to help you.
Reply 187
Original post by Alissa
Firmed or not...?

Firmed, how about you?
Who holds an offer for Pharmacy ?

And what halls are people applying to ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Deciding on whether to Firm Aston or not this week. Can I start applying for accommodation yet or does the offer need to be unconditional before I can choose? etc.
Original post by implicity
Deciding on whether to Firm Aston or not this week. Can I start applying for accommodation yet or does the offer need to be unconditional before I can choose? etc.

You can apply but you're not guaranteed accommodation unless you firm Aston.
anyone else firmed for business and management? :smile:
Reply 192
Original post by teesdale93
anyone else firmed for business and management? :smile:

Me, but iv already said that lol
ohh yeah my bad lol! :smile: looking forward to it?
Reply 194
Original post by teesdale93
ohh yeah my bad lol! :smile: looking forward to it?

I am, more looking forward to the experience of uni than anything else tbh.
Original post by Amd
I am, more looking forward to the experience of uni than anything else tbh.

yeahh i agree! should come round really quickly as well :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by Jack_Daniels
Who holds an offer for Pharmacy ?

And what halls are people applying to ?

Hi I have an offer for Aston for pharmacy - so prob will firm them. Looking at halls today not too sure which one to go for tbh. Was just wondering do you by any chance know what the first year timetable is like (am thinking of maybe commuting to uni??) :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by implicity
I'm applying to Aston for mechanical engineering H300.

BBB (300 UCAS points) but when I phoned them they said they may be raising it to ABB and 320 Ucas points. I hope they don't even though if I do well I will achieve the higher boundary, but Aston is where I want to go!!

Hello,
I've also applied for the same course at aston (Mech eng), and they want 360 points for me... lol
anyway im not sure where to go yet. Is Aston good for Mechanical Engineering and engineering in general?

If you've been to any open days, How is the engineering school and the facilities?

I didnt think about aston before but im now considering it. :smile:
Original post by gavstar
I just firmed for IBML!! Now to get the grades :biggrin:

Me too :smile: Roll on October!
Reply 199
Original post by Jessieevaline
Me too :smile: Roll on October!

I'm well excited for it! :smile: Which language(s) are you doing it with??

Quick Reply

Latest