The Student Room Group

PhoneShop

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Love it! its awesome!
Too many man are chasing them Zara level chicks. Its crowded up there. swear down u gotta get academy on that ****. smart guys like me are scouting those lower league girls who are just about to step up to Zara level. Lower leagues is where its at trust me. I'm talking about Claire's Accessories, New Look, Barratts.

Phone shop make me chuckle, its soo stupid!
Original post by Mann18

With regards to 30 Rock, I agree it doesn't have much irony in it, but most other comedy shows I watch do - Community being say the newest example, but then you also have the likes of Philly etc. Also, as much as I love Baldwin, I think its generally Fay and her interactions I find the funniest.

AD is such an epic series, so sad it got cancelled (biggest network mistake ever?) and it looks like the movie shall probably take another 262626717 years to come out. ALTHOUGH, talking about AD and indeed British comedy, have you checked out 'The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret'?

It stars Arnett (funniest guy ever) and David Cross and is set in Britain - alongside The Thick of It, perhaps one of the funniest British comedies out at the moment. Its on More4 I think here in the UK (though I watch it on the net), and reminds me of shows like Peep Show etc. Let me know what you think, be interesting to know :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by manchild007
With regards to 30 Rock, I agree it doesn't have much irony in it, but most other comedy shows I watch do - Community being say the newest example, but then you also have the likes of Philly etc. Also, as much as I love Baldwin, I think its generally Fay and her interactions I find the funniest.

AD is such an epic series, so sad it got cancelled (biggest network mistake ever?) and it looks like the movie shall probably take another 262626717 years to come out. ALTHOUGH, talking about AD and indeed British comedy, have you checked out 'The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret'?

It stars Arnett (funniest guy ever) and David Cross and is set in Britain - alongside The Thick of It, perhaps one of the funniest British comedies out at the moment. Its on More4 I think here in the UK (though I watch it on the net), and reminds me of shows like Peep Show etc. Let me know what you think, be interesting to know :smile:

I haven't seen Community yet, I heard bad things so I gave it a miss, but I'll have to check it out if you're saying it's good. Never seen Philly either, I feel like such a newb. :colondollar:
I have to say, anything that Tracy Morgan says, I burst out laughing, I find him the funniest character.

I don't know why they cancelled it either! They had an internet campaign and everything, great DVD sales, they really lost a great show, the actors all had such great chemistry too, a young Cera, Bateman, De Rossi, Arnett and Cross...

I'll have to check out TIPDOTM, I'll do it tomorrow when I'm not hungover and let you know. Will Arnett is hilarious, I agree, he plays the slightly immature and foolish bad guy very well.
Reply 44

Hey mate, what does AD stand for?

saw your post and gonna check out The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret' :smile:

I loved arnett and cross in Aresseted Development, so funny :biggrin:

Wait, does AD stand for Arressted Development :colondollar: or another show?
Reply 45
Original post by vn2009
Hey mate, what does AD stand for?

saw your post and gonna check out The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret' :smile:

I loved arnett and cross in Aresseted Development, so funny :biggrin:

Wait, does AD stand for Arressted Development :colondollar: or another show?

Arrested Development :yes:
Reply 46
It is horrific.

How anyone can find that pile of rubbish amusing and class that as comedy is beyond me.

It's stupid not remotely funny; not in the slighest.

I saw them filming as it's practically my home town and ended up being caught in the pilot. E4 had already commissioned the series before the pilot had even aired. I can't possibly believe that. They must have been watching something else.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by TVC15
It is horrific.

How anyone can find that pile of rubbish amusing and class that as comedy is beyond me.

It's stupid not remotely funny; not in the slighest.

I saw them filming as it's practically my home town and ended up being caught in the pilot. E4 had already commissioned the series before the pilot had even aired. I can't possibly believe that. They must have been watching something else.

wheres its set? sutton?
Reply 48
Really funny.
Reply 49
Original post by vn2009
wheres its set? sutton?

Yeah nearer the top of the high street, Costas is right next door to it. If you know where Waterstones is it's not far from there at all.

It would have been better suited filmed at the bottom to be honest though with the scum that live and hang out there.
Reply 50
It's light-hearted humour, it's great :lol:
Reply 51
Gotta admit. Looked pretty ****ty and started out slow. But it made me smile.

And awhhh the new guy (forgot his name) is so cute.
Reply 52
Original post by TVC15
Yeah nearer the top of the high street, Costas is right next door to it. If you know where Waterstones is it's not far from there at all.

It would have been better suited filmed at the bottom to be honest though with the scum that live and hang out there.

Should have been set in Croydon :cool:

jokes :P
Reply 53
Original post by vn2009
Should have been set in Croydon :cool:

jokes :P

Haha!
From the promos it looked like one of those awful, BBC3-esque shows made to appeal to chavs, but I persevered because it was E4, and it was actually pretty hi-larious. Not quite up there with the best modern sitcoms, but good nonetheless.
i really like it...obviously not in the same class as some of the other shows going on but still a good show...made me laugh
Yep, thats the one I'm on about (Season 6) - none of the 3/4 episodes which have aired thus far have been funny (well as funny as the past seasons anyways) in my view, so I'm hoping it gets better.

What did you think of the new one? I think it's the best so far, laughed so much. :biggrin:
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
What did you think of the new one? I think it's the best so far, laughed so much. :biggrin:

The episodes I've seen so far have all been SO sub-par - and this coming from someone who LOVES this show utterly.

A lot of people have pointed the relative weakness of this season out in critical circles to and sadly I have to agree. The previous 5 seasons however, is some of the best comedy I've seen in television - just non-pc, anything goes, esque laughter.

The most recent episode (where Dee is pregnant - as she is in real life), had the potential to be one of thee funniest episodes ever, and I perhaps mustered up one smile throughout the episode - very disappointing to say the least.

PS. For people who didn't know this about Sunny, Dee is actually married to Mac in real-life, and Dennis is married to the Waitress :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
The episodes I've seen so far have all been SO sub-par - and this coming from someone who LOVES this show utterly.

A lot of people have pointed the relative weakness of this season out in critical circles to and sadly I have to agree. The previous 5 seasons however, is some of the best comedy I've seen in television - just non-pc, anything goes, esque laughter.

The most recent episode (where Dee is pregnant - as she is in real life), had the potential to be one of thee funniest episodes ever, and I perhaps mustered up one smile throughout the episode - very disappointing to say the least.

Hm, I kind of agree. It's not as good as the last seasons but I feel it's picked up seeing as comedy shows are one of the hardest shows to be consistent in quality. Anyway, I forgot to thank you for the mention of 'parks and recreation', when I saw aziz ansari was in it, I knew it was going to epic.

PS. For people who didn't know this about Sunny, Dee is actually married to Mac in real-life, and Dennis is married to the Waitress :biggrin:

Really? Damn, I didn't know that. Did they meet on set?
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
…….

No problem mate :smile:

Ah, Aziz Ansari is epically funny - check out his stand-up if you haven't. Also on a slightly side-note to this, check out another comedian called Louie CK (he's in Parks and Rec for a bit as Leslie Nopes BF, but he is essentially a slightly more far-out comedian along the lines of Frankie Boyle, but one who somehow is a lot more sensible than FB at the same time too) - you'll see what I mean if you check him out, but he has a new comedy show on FX called Louie, which was amazing and received much critical acclaim, and his stand-up has always been nothing but awesome in my view.

Mac, Dennis and Charlie have been life-long friends in real-life (i.e. before Sunny) and actually write/produce the show etc, but Dee and the waitress etc they met when they started filming the show. Gave me quite a surprise to when I learnt of it...

Quick Reply

Latest