The Student Room Group

As Unit 1 Biology AQA Jan 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by EffKayy
OMG YEAH i wrote 0.34-0.35 :P

no the tem is better because of the resolution! :smile: thats right. :P

oooh really? yay! I Was thinking about changiing the TEM answer, i hope I didnt! lol.

What dates are the results published? I dont know as I'm not at college so a little confused!
Original post by stealth_writer
Why do 12 to 13 yo girks have to have it

I wrote because they haven't matured yet so they aren't sexually active, so they must gain immunity before they begin sexual activity to reduce the chance of HPV spreading. I felt filthy talking about 12-13 year olds having sex :colone:
Reply 82

Last two questions i really liked, thought the HPV question number six one was okay kinda hard was all application.

Anuone know the water molecules one really want to know that think i got it wrong though
i PUT THAT IT PROTECTS THEM AT A YOUNGER AGE AND SOMETHING ELSE IS THAT RIGHT?
Reply 84
Original post by rozevans
oooh really? yay! I Was thinking about changiing the TEM answer, i hope I didnt! lol.

What dates are the results published? I dont know as I'm not at college so a little confused!

14th . im not sure.
god. how many marks do you think youve lost/
so far on here , people discussing answers etc i lost lyk 10 +

the highest its been for an A is 45.. what do you think the grade boundaries will be.
Reply 85
Original post by Robert McGeachan
Last two questions i really liked, thought the HPV question number six one was okay kinda hard was all application.

Anuone know the water molecules one really want to know that think i got it wrong though

Apparently 9.
but most people got it wrong.
Original post by Jackbruce
Right someone needs to explain to me how the fook you do the calculation one. With the answer 0.44

Im really awful at converting units properly

Was 0.44 the magnification Q? 1000 micrometers to 1mm, 1000 nanometres to a micrometre. They give you the length of the image (well, you have to measure it) so you convert that to micrometres then divide the image by the magnification to get the size of the object, which was 0.44
Everyone give the paper a rating out of ten in order of how diffcult you found out

ill go first 7/10
quite hard/iffy
Reply 88
yeah, would do everyone put for the
volume of water and volume of the other thing?
Good job my maths is SICK and there was a bit of it on here; the last 2 questions dominated me seriously
Original post by EffKayy
Apparently 9.
but most people got it wrong.

8 R bonds
2 glucose and fructose
1 glycosidic
Original post by KingofSpades
yeh I got the same pretty much. how did the general populous at your sixth form/college find it?

I'm trying to get an estimate as to the grade boundaries.

Did anyone else get 11 for the water molecules?

There were only 5 of us doing it (resit). Only talked to one person, they said it was harder than June 2010 (I agree).
Original post by KingofSpades
8 R bonds
2 glucose and fructose
1 glycosidic

Why "2 glucose and fructose"... no water is released for that whatever you're discussing

It's just 8 + 1 = 9
Reply 93
Everyone give the paper a rating out of ten in order of how diffcult you found out

ill go first 7/10
quite hard/iffy

JUNE 2010 paper was SO easy with its highest A boundary being 45.
:frown: isit going to be much lower than this or what/

ill go first 7/10
quite hard/iffy

8/10
Original post by Jorgeyy
Why "2 glucose and fructose"... no water is released for that whatever you're discussing

It's just 8 + 1 = 9

yes. there were 2 sucrose molecules. sucrose is formed by a condensation reactions between glucose and sucrose.
Reply 96
the whole paper was rash.

:colone:

What the Duck is an ester bond.
Hardly any biology more bloody graph reading questions and suggest questions?

What did peeps put for the suggest question
Original post by EffKayy

JUNE 2010 paper was SO easy with its highest A boundary being 45.
:frown: isit going to be much lower than this or what/

So you think the A grade boundary won't exceed 45 for sure?
Original post by Jorgeyy
So you think the A grade boundary won't exceed 45 for sure?

Seriously doubt it will be higher than 40.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending