The Student Room Group

A2 aqa geography june 2011 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jade0193
Yeah, I remember doing that as a mock exam. I wish I'd done it then too. I just hope what I did was enough, because I honestly feel that I could not write nearly as much as I wanted, due to the questions asked. I did the plate tectonics essay and the 2 sections on weather and world cities. What sections did you do?

I did the exact same but the weather essay instead. The weather questions really threw me off and I had a load of ideas for the essay, so it worked out. :smile:
Reply 1661
Original post by lizolove
I did the exact same but the weather essay instead. The weather questions really threw me off and I had a load of ideas for the essay, so it worked out. :smile:

Oh cool :smile: I must admit the section questions were a bit vague. If you don't mind me asking what uni are you planning on going to, and what are you studying?
Oh cool :smile: I must admit the section questions were a bit vague. If you don't mind me asking what uni are you planning on going to, and what are you studying?

Firm: Sheffield to study Law. What about you?
The set questions were specific, limited too. I imagine they didn't think it through much when making them. :frown:
I mean, I saw the weather ones and how you had to draw a diagram. A few people drew the wrong atmosphere things because of the wording and I saw that ocean circulation and air pressure thing. (Glad I didn't answer it - my teacher told me I didn't need to know the air pressure thing - eep).

I think the grade boundaries may be lower though because of people's lack of understanding of questions.
Like the Plate tectonics set questions asked for extrusive volcanic landforms and a few people thought it said intrusive or didn't know the extrusive landform types... :s-smilie:
Reply 1663
Firm: Sheffield to study Law. What about you?
The set questions were specific, limited too. I imagine they didn't think it through much when making them. :frown:
I mean, I saw the weather ones and how you had to draw a diagram. A few people drew the wrong atmosphere things because of the wording and I saw that ocean circulation and air pressure thing. (Glad I didn't answer it - my teacher told me I didn't need to know the air pressure thing - eep).

I think the grade boundaries may be lower though because of people's lack of understanding of questions.
Like the Plate tectonics set questions asked for extrusive volcanic landforms and a few people thought it said intrusive or didn't know the extrusive landform types... :s-smilie:

I know quite a few people who made the same mistakes. Hopefully AQA will account for the questions that they asked, and this will hopefully be reflected within the marking. I am hopefully going to Queen Mary to study English Literature and Linguistics, but the entry requirements are pretty high.
I know quite a few people who made the same mistakes. Hopefully AQA will account for the questions that they asked, and this will hopefully be reflected within the marking. I am hopefully going to Queen Mary to study English Literature and Linguistics, but the entry requirements are pretty high.

Hopefully they'll be nice about it. Wish I had the Jan 11 paper. );
Resat the other modules thankfully to get a higher mark in case of this.
What are your requirements? I was going to apply to Queen Mary, but didn't want to go to London. (Imagine the debt! No offence. :tongue:)
Reply 1665
Hopefully they'll be nice about it. Wish I had the Jan 11 paper. );
Resat the other modules thankfully to get a higher mark in case of this.
What are your requirements? I was going to apply to Queen Mary, but didn't want to go to London. (Imagine the debt! No offence. :tongue:)

Haha none taken! :smile: I am living at home anyway and commuting, which should
keep costs down. I need AAB with one of the A's on English, you?
Haha none taken! :smile: I am living at home anyway and commuting, which should
keep costs down. I need AAB with one of the A's on English, you?

That sucks! Hey, cheaper, better!
I like London, but wouldn't move there unless I could afford it.
I need AAA. S:
I have fears that my Geography 3 paper has ruined it.
Reply 1667
That sucks! Hey, cheaper, better!
I like London, but wouldn't move there unless I could afford it.
I need AAA. S:
I have fears that my Geography 3 paper has ruined it.

I'm trying to think optimistically that the paper will still work out ok in terms of marks. Do you think your other exams went ok?
I'm trying to think optimistically that the paper will still work out ok in terms of marks. Do you think your other exams went ok?

I hope so. Felt like they did. I felt that Philosophy was better than usual (I mean, the exam in Jan felt bad since I wasn't confident on one topic and was on the other, and I got a B, so I resat and found it went better), Geography, well, and Sociology, felt went quite well, I knew the answers, a strong paper I felt. PSYCHOLOGY I've ignored now, I dislike it, simple as. (':
Reply 1669
I hope so. Felt like they did. I felt that Philosophy was better than usual (I mean, the exam in Jan felt bad since I wasn't confident on one topic and was on the other, and I got a B, so I resat and found it went better), Geography, well, and Sociology, felt went quite well, I knew the answers, a strong paper I felt. PSYCHOLOGY I've ignored now, I dislike it, simple as. (':

That's good then :smile: I did sociology too, what exam board were you on?
That's good then :smile: I did sociology too, what exam board were you on?

What about you, were your exams ok? (:
I was on AQA Sociology, preferred it to my GCSE OCR paper. :smile:
Reply 1671
What about you, were your exams ok? (:
I was on AQA Sociology, preferred it to my GCSE OCR paper. :smile:

Yeah, I think they went ok. I was on OCR for sociology and the paper was pretty tricky in places, but I did what I could. English was pretty good, but I guess I won't know until next Thursday! :/
Yeah, I think they went ok. I was on OCR for sociology and the paper was pretty tricky in places, but I did what I could. English was pretty good, but I guess I won't know until next Thursday! :/

Yeah! Glad to hear it was ok. :smile:
Still debating with myself as to whether I should look at the grade boundaries or not... :confused:
Reply 1673
Yeah! Glad to hear it was ok. :smile:
Still debating with myself as to whether I should look at the grade boundaries or not... :confused:

Are the grade boundaries up yet ?!?! I thought they weren't released until results day.
Are the grade boundaries up yet ?!?! I thought they weren't released until results day.

No! They're out on the 17th/18th, but I'm deciding whether to look at them or not. So far I think not. :s-smilie:
Reply 1675
No! They're out on the 17th/18th, but I'm deciding whether to look at them or not. So far I think not. :s-smilie:

Ahhh, I see! :smile: I think it might put me even more on edge seeing them, especially if they are high.
Ahhh, I see! :smile: I think it might put me even more on edge seeing them, especially if they are high.

Exactly why I'm planning to avoid them. Maybe I won't be able to control myself though. );
Plan to just live in the bath on the 17th. Maybe I should have a movie day. :rolleyes:
Reply 1677
Exactly why I'm planning to avoid them. Maybe I won't be able to control myself though. );
Plan to just live in the bath on the 17th. Maybe I should have a movie day. :rolleyes:

Haha sounds like a plan :smile: I think at this stage distractions are good. It all seems so close, but still like there's ages to wait! I honestly think I am gonna sleep until results day now, just to pass the time!
I thought this exam went well except the question on extrusive activity.

I hope I do well. Good luck to you all! Loads to learn for this exam, and kudos to anyone who revised 4 topics.
Haha sounds like a plan :smile: I think at this stage distractions are good. It all seems so close, but still like there's ages to wait! I honestly think I am gonna sleep until results day now, just to pass the time!

Sounds like a plan. Might have a movie day with a sleepover or something. :wink:
OR JUST ENDLESSLY SHOWER AND CRY IN IT. (':

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending