The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Joey, the filet o fish is actually one of the healthiest burgers on the menu - more so than even the "healthy" deli sandwiches!!

Less fat and only 350 kcals a pop. Regular hamburgers are 250. Big Macs have around 490, double cheeseburgers 430. Regular fries are about 350 kcal, so a filet will set you back as much as your side order! So you can see it's pretty damned good option if you're watching what you're doing!
Reply 381
Cereal always gets me the suggested portions are ridiculously tiny. I always knew I ate more then suggested but I never knew just how much more until I decided to weigh it out of curiosity, its always at least double.
Reply 382

Cadbury, for Halloween, have released a limited edition version of these - DREAM FINGERS. They've got a blood-red biscuit centre!! Awesome! 120 kcal per portion! Nice. Portion? 4 fingers. Ouch.
Original post by TotoMimo

Cadbury, for Halloween, have released a limited edition version of these - DREAM FINGERS. They've got a blood-red biscuit centre!! Awesome! 120 kcal per portion! Nice. Portion? 4 fingers. Ouch.

I got a pack of these for a reduced price of 64p the other day :drool: So I must have had about 12 portions in a couple of hours :dontknow:

blood-red biscuit centre!!

wait, what?
Reply 384
dnumber, I took a pic of the halloween section in Tesco to show you what I meant. They're called "Dream Freaky Fingers" and have a blood red biscuit centre... they're there on the right. See?

FOUR fingers for a portion. PAH!

Notice that I also spied the LIMITED EDITION HALLOWEEN POM BEARS! Although I'm unsure what's "halloween" about pickled onion, mind you.
Limited edition pombears???? I want some!!!

edit: that was meant to be all in caps to show my excitement but tsr spoilt it :frown:
Reply 386
Sadly, the limited Pom Bears were not a lovechild of Poms/Quavers and Pickled Onion Monster Munch as I had assumed...

Harumph.
I cant figure out to put the image in the text, but imagine how dissapointed I was when I opened my complimentary portion sized box of cereal the uni gave me when I moved in to find less than a handful of the much advertised Krave. Luckily, it meant less food was wasted, because after one mouthful the Kraves were swiftly moved from my bowl to the bin. If I had liked them I would hav required at least two boxes!!
Weetabix? 2 biscuits is a serving at like 130 kcal, that's pretty damned decent I think. Two weetabix plus a greek yoghurt and blueberries is less than 200 calories for a breakfast that keeps you full for what seems like an eternity! Well... for me, anyway. My mum, I know, only eats one, but I have a (fairly rotund) cousin who can eat up to five for his breakfast, and it gives me the groo watching him putting them into a MIXING BOWL with his PINT of milk.

Surely this is in perspective tho... before going back to uni, I was on my feet for 12+ hours a day, didn't have regular break times at work I had 4 for breakfast each day and by lunch time I was empty....I, thouhgh, didn't need a pint of milk with them. Maybe if you're cousin is a grafter then he'll need them and if your mum, fotr example, just works the tills in Waitrose wouldn't need as much
Reply 389
Dude, he works in a call centre. He's just a dirty big muncher. Haha!
Reply 390
WEETABIX CRISPY MINIS:

If weighed out, the portion size equates to THIRTEEN MINIS. I bet people eat thirteen of them DRY whilst POURING OUT their breakfast!
Reply 391
LOL. I decided I would measure out what Carte D'or state is a "Serving Size" based on a 96g portion.

dnumber, I took a pic of the halloween section in Tesco to show you what I meant. They're called "Dream Freaky Fingers" and have a blood red biscuit centre... they're there on the right. See?

FOUR fingers for a portion. PAH!

Notice that I also spied the LIMITED EDITION HALLOWEEN POM BEARS! Although I'm unsure what's "halloween" about pickled onion, mind you.

Four fingers? That's not even a hand!!!!!! Who creates these "portion sizes"? It's Kate Moss, isn't it?
LOL. I decided I would measure out what Carte D'or state is a "Serving Size" based on a 96g portion.

I had a 1/4 tub of Macadamia Night.

Nice flavour and all... but slithers of macadamia nuts does not mean you can name it macadamia.

PAH.
Reply 394
Desserts always prove to be some of the most chuckleworthy of the "portions" because they're supposed to be a treat.

I saw in Iceland a couple of days back "141 kcals per serving" on a gateau and wondered by what kind of sorcery it was possible. "Per 16th of the gateau."

SIXTEENTH?!
Reply 395
Hahahaha, a portion size of Munchies or Rolos is FIVE SWEETS.

YEAH. GOOD ONE.

Bought a lasagne from Tesco the other day. Though oh, it's £1.50, it'll be smallish.

No, it's bigger than my head. Serves 1. 800 calories. :colonhash:
Reply 397

You know those Marks and Spencer wee curry trays? Like the one pictured above (including the Prawn Bhuna and Lamb Dopiaza etc)?

Those have two servings in them apparently. Check next time you're in; if it contains rice, it's a one-person dinner. If it's just curry on the tray, it's a "serves two" dealio!
Reply 398
what is with all these incredibly tedious threads about food?
Reply 399
Aw, Ham. Come on, now. That hurt.

Latest