The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Meal cards

If you buy a meal card, can you use it in any of the 3 dining halls or if as an example you buy one for holland hall, can it only be used in holland hall? thanks. p.s does evening meal include a desert? and do you serve yourself or is like a school canteen where you take a tray up?
Hi!

So here is the link buy meal cards - whilst you choose the meal card for a specific residence, it does say it can be used across any of the three halls. From what I can gather, you pick up your meal card at the specified residence, and then it can be used across the campus - but this might be something worth asking when you pick up your card and staff should be able to confirm with you. It is true that for students living in catered halls, they are able to eat at any of the catered residences, so I would imagine it is transferable:smile:

Whether meals are self-serve varies - i once had a breakfast at Holland Hall and it was buffet-style (and very tasty!). For brunch and dinners, it seems that the main portion of the meal is served canteen-style while other elements of the meal are self-serve, so it is hard to give a binary answer to that question!
I have also heard students say good things about the desserts - lots of school-dinner style puddings that are very popular 🤣

I hope this helps!

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending