The Student Room Group

Tips to lose weight. Only serious responses please.

Hello Everyone, Im a 19 year old women. I need help losing weight.

It's not a new journey for me, its something I've been doing for a while now. However, I have a body shape of a box, I cannot explain it much but I have a flat stomach but a larger upper body (chest, back etc). I love gymming but I've been a bit lazy lately.

I need help in making a diet plan for myself. Could anyone help me out here?
restrict your calories.
Reply 2
Do you want to lose weight or need to lose weight? Height, current weight, target weight?

Be in a calorie deficit through diet and/or exercise.

A sensible rate of weight loss is up to 1kg/2lb a week.

Eat a balanced diet, with the occasional treat, and stay hydrated. Make your own meals so you know exactly what's in them, especially sauces; even savoury items and those labelled 'diet', 'light' etc can be high in sugar.
Are you trying to lose weight to reach a target weight or change some elements of your body shape?
To reduce your dress size, bmi or body fat %?

You can lose weight through a combination of regular lifestyle changes.
Maintaining a daily calorie deficit of at least 500, committing to a regular exercise regime, changing your dietary habits in terms of reducing trans fats, slashing portion sizes and eating much less ultra-processed greasy food & drinks with large quantities of salt/sugar/calories.
Original post by scrk009

It's not a new journey for me, its something I've been doing for a while now. However, I have a body shape of a box, I cannot explain it much but I have a flat stomach but a larger upper body (chest, back etc). I love gymming but I've been a bit lazy lately.

Do you actually need to lose weight? What is your current weight, and height?
What do you normally do in a week in terms of exercise? What, roughly how much, do you usually eat?

I am kind of box-shaped face-on my torso is basically a rectangle and I definitely do not have a flat stomach. However, I am pretty fit and healthy, my BMI is well within the "healthy" range, and I know that I definitely do not need to lose any weight.
People come in different shapes and sizes, and that is perfectly fine. We should embrace our bodies as they are, and for enabling us to do all the things we can do, rather than constantly wanting to change them to look more like an instagram influencer's photoshopped picture. Do things that make you happy, eat a good variety of tasty food, and get a bit of movement in this is so much better for you than forcing your body through exercise you hate and a horribly strict and restrictive diet, and so much more sustainable for a healthy, happy life :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
Are you trying to lose weight to reach a target weight or change some elements of your body shape?
To reduce your dress size, bmi or body fat %?

You can lose weight through a combination of regular lifestyle changes.
Maintaining a daily calorie deficit of at least 500, committing to a regular exercise regime, changing your dietary habits in terms of reducing trans fats, slashing portion sizes and eating much less ultra-processed greasy food & drinks with large quantities of salt/sugar/calories.

My target weight is 54kgs, at the moment im 67kgs and my height is 5'2. I'm not fat, my body is shaped in a way that it makes me look fat? I am fit, I do workout alomst 5 days a week, depending on how lazy I can be I may skip a day but my mainn goal is 4 times a week.
Reply 6
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Do you actually need to lose weight? What is your current weight, and height?
What do you normally do in a week in terms of exercise? What, roughly how much, do you usually eat?

I am kind of box-shaped face-on my torso is basically a rectangle and I definitely do not have a flat stomach. However, I am pretty fit and healthy, my BMI is well within the "healthy" range, and I know that I definitely do not need to lose any weight.
People come in different shapes and sizes, and that is perfectly fine. We should embrace our bodies as they are, and for enabling us to do all the things we can do, rather than constantly wanting to change them to look more like an instagram influencer's photoshopped picture. Do things that make you happy, eat a good variety of tasty food, and get a bit of movement in this is so much better for you than forcing your body through exercise you hate and a horribly strict and restrictive diet, and so much more sustainable for a healthy, happy life :smile:

I dont belive I am over weight, but to satisfy my self I want to lose weight. I weigh 67kgs and my height is 5'2.
Reply 7
Original post by scrk009

just make sure you exercise as much as you can, personally i'd lift weights and not cardio but whatever suits you, drink loads of water, get a lot of sleep, and it doesn't matter what your diet is as long as you're not having more calories than you're burning <3 hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest